    there any way to get back my original IE tool bars? I'm running
    Window$ XP.

    TIA
    Millard Filmore, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Millard Filmore

    °Mike° Guest

    Just a guess. Do you have the toolbars locked?
    Right click on a toolbar and uncheck 'Lock toolbars'.
    You should also be able to uninstall, or uncheck any
    toolbar/s you don't want.

    On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:40:38 -0600, in
    <>
    Millard Filmore scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 14, 2003

  3. Millard Filmore wrote:

    > My ISP (SBC/Yaghoo) has over-laid my Internet Explorer tool bar with
    > their own. It looks dumb and stupid, and I absolutely hate it. Is
    > there any way to get back my original IE tool bars? I'm running
    > Window$ XP.
    >
    > TIA

    Uninstall ALL of the SBC/Yahoo crap. It loads your machine down with a lot
    of unnecessary crap you don't need, and I believe at least one of the
    applications (Broadjump) is spyware as well. (Spyware=It monitors your
    browsing habits and reports them to another party.) Then create dialup or
    DSL PPPoE connections as required. If you are running Windows XP, just
    click on "Create an Internet Connection" and follow the prompts--it will
    set up a PPPoE connection which will work on SBC/Yahoo without any problem.
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    Gary G. Taylor, Nov 14, 2003
  4. Millard Filmore

    Richard Guest

    Millard! wrote:

    > My ISP (SBC/Yaghoo) has over-laid my Internet Explorer tool bar with
    > their own. It looks dumb and stupid, and I absolutely hate it. Is
    > there any way to get back my original IE tool bars? I'm running
    > Window$ XP.

    > TIA

    Check your C:\ directory for the ISP's folders. May be a folder titled
    toolbar. If it's there, rename it. Check to make sure the toolbar goes away
    then delete it.
    Best thing to do would be to contact them and ask how to safely remove it.
    Richard, Nov 15, 2003
  5. Millard Filmore

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:40:38 -0600, Millard Filmore <>
    wrote:

    >My ISP (SBC/Yaghoo) has over-laid my Internet Explorer tool bar with
    >their own. It looks dumb and stupid, and I absolutely hate it. Is
    >there any way to get back my original IE tool bars? I'm running
    >Window$ XP.
    >
    >TIA

    View, Toolbars - can it be unticked?

    But as others say, best to uninstall if possible.

    You can try System Restoring to a time just before you installed it.

    jd
    Jimmy Dean, Nov 15, 2003