An Experiment

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by andre, Feb 14, 2005.

  1. andre

    andre Guest

    andre, Feb 14, 2005

  2. andre

    Scott W Guest

    Pretty amazing.
    Scott W, Feb 14, 2005

  3. andre

    Mark² Guest

    "andre" <> wrote in message
    news:X%WPd.3932$...
    > Here is an 117 Megapixel Image i did with Pano Tools.
    > http://www.aguntherphotography.com/usa_west/bryce/photos/photo_2.html
    > When you click on the image on the above link you can see the full sized image (you need
    > flash to view it).
    > I think it turned out pretty good.

    Wow!
    That's really very nice.

    What program creates the web zooming tool?
    Really a neat technology for viewing this great shot.
    -Mark
    Mark², Feb 14, 2005
  4. andre

    wald Guest

    "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:

    > "andre" <> wrote in message
    >> Here is an 117 Megapixel Image i did with Pano Tools.
    >> http://www.aguntherphotography.com/usa_west/bryce/photos/photo_2
    >> .html When you click on the image on the above link you can see
    >> the full sized image (you need flash to view it).
    >> I think it turned out pretty good.

    > Wow!
    > That's really very nice.
    >
    > What program creates the web zooming tool?
    > Really a neat technology for viewing this great shot.

    Errr... first link on Google, search term "zoomify":

    http://www.zoomify.com/

    Regards,
    Wald
    wald, Feb 14, 2005
  5. andre

    Owamanga Guest

    On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 05:51:51 GMT, andre <>
    wrote:

    >Here is an 117 Megapixel Image i did with Pano Tools.
    >http://www.aguntherphotography.com/usa_west/bryce/photos/photo_2.html
    >When you click on the image on the above link you can see the full sized
    >image (you need flash to view it).
    >I think it turned out pretty good.

    Is that a dead body under that tree?

    :)

    --
    Owamanga!
    Owamanga, Feb 14, 2005
  6. andre

    Mark² Guest

    "wald" <arnout.standaert@n*o_s-p%a|m.cit.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote in message
    > "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >

    >> "andre" <> wrote in message
    >>> Here is an 117 Megapixel Image i did with Pano Tools.
    >>> http://www.aguntherphotography.com/usa_west/bryce/photos/photo_2
    >>> .html When you click on the image on the above link you can see
    >>> the full sized image (you need flash to view it).
    >>> I think it turned out pretty good.

    >> Wow!
    >> That's really very nice.
    >>
    >> What program creates the web zooming tool?
    >> Really a neat technology for viewing this great shot.

    > Errr... first link on Google, search term "zoomify":
    >
    > http://www.zoomify.com/

    Errr...Where was I supposed to come up with the term, "zoomify"?
    Mark², Feb 14, 2005
  7. andre <> wrote let it be known in

    > Here is an 117 Megapixel Image i did with Pano Tools.
    > http://www.aguntherphotography.com/usa_west/bryce/photos/pho
    > to_2.html When you click on the image on the above link you
    > can see the full sized image (you need flash to view it).
    > I think it turned out pretty good.

    Great image! I've been there and wish I could have come away
    with anything half as nice!

    Could you give us more info about it? (What kind of camera and
    lense, how many images high by wide you had to stitch together,
    how big the resulting file was...)

    --
    [Ô]

    Curt Bousquet
    moc.enilnacs@PTNN < Reverse for email
    Curt Bousquet, Feb 14, 2005
  8. andre

    Wald Guest

    "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:

    > "wald" <arnout.standaert@n*o_s-p%a|m.cit.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote in
    > message news:Xns95FD74C1AD25Carnoutstandaertnospa@134.58.127.12...
    >> "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >>

    >>> "andre" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Wow!
    >>> That's really very nice.
    >>>
    >>> What program creates the web zooming tool?
    >>> Really a neat technology for viewing this great shot.

    >> Errr... first link on Google, search term "zoomify":
    >>
    >> http://www.zoomify.com/

    > Errr...Where was I supposed to come up with the term, "zoomify"?

    Okay, you've got a point. I use Firefox with the FlashBlock plugin, so I
    had to click the flash object first to start it. That's when I saw a
    "Zoomify" banner before the picture appeared.

    I guess that's not visible in other situations. Sorry for jumping
    conclusions.

    Wald
    Wald, Feb 14, 2005
  9. Owamanga wrote:
    > On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 05:51:51 GMT, andre <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Here is an 117 Megapixel Image i did with Pano Tools.
    >>http://www.aguntherphotography.com/usa_west/bryce/photos/photo_2.html
    >>When you click on the image on the above link you can see the full sized
    >>image (you need flash to view it).
    >>I think it turned out pretty good.

    > Is that a dead body under that tree?

    Just sleeping. But someone had removed his Rolex Oyster; you can tell by
    the shape of the lack of suntan on his left wrist.

    --
    John McWilliams

    "My wife said, 'It's either me or the ham radio. There's not enough
    room for both of us.' Over."
    John McWilliams, Feb 14, 2005
  10. John McWilliams <> wrote let it be known in

    >> Is that a dead body under that tree?
    >>

    > Just sleeping. But someone had removed his Rolex Oyster;
    > you can tell by the shape of the lack of suntan on his left
    > wrist.

    Looks more like sunburn to me. See the small melanoma on his
    skin? Its only the size of the head of a pin now, but he'd
    better get it looked at.
    Curt Bousquet, Feb 15, 2005
  11. andre

    Confused Guest

    On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 07:33:40 -0800
    In message <ox3Qd.90234$0u.27984@fed1read04>
    "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:

    > >> What program creates the web zooming tool?
    > >> Really a neat technology for viewing this great shot.

    > > Errr... first link on Google, search term "zoomify":
    > >
    > > http://www.zoomify.com/

    > Errr...Where was I supposed to come up with the term, "zoomify"?

    Look at it this way, you *did* get a direct answer.
    He could have given the popular "google it" answer. ;^)

    Jeff
    Confused, Feb 15, 2005
  12. andre

    Mark² Guest

    "Confused" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 07:33:40 -0800

    >> > Errr... first link on Google, search term "zoomify":
    >> >
    >> > http://www.zoomify.com/

    >> Errr...Where was I supposed to come up with the term, "zoomify"?

    > Look at it this way, you *did* get a direct answer.
    > He could have given the popular "google it" answer. ;^)

    It was the "Errr..." crap that was unnecessary.
    He figured out why he mistakenly thought the answer was obvious, and why his 'tude was
    misplaced.
    Moving on...
    Mark², Feb 15, 2005
  13. andre

    Owamanga Guest

    On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:52:34 -0600, Curt Bousquet
    <> wrote:

    >John McWilliams <> wrote let it be known in
    >
    >>> Is that a dead body under that tree?
    >>>

    >> Just sleeping. But someone had removed his Rolex Oyster;
    >> you can tell by the shape of the lack of suntan on his left
    >> wrist.

    >Looks more like sunburn to me. See the small melanoma on his
    >skin? Its only the size of the head of a pin now, but he'd
    >better get it looked at.

    Melanoma? I thought it was a flea with a broken leg and a really tiny
    set of aqua lungs. An underwater flea, that's had a diving accident.

    If you look even closer, you can see Ben Aflec has signed his cast.

    --
    Owamanga!
    Owamanga, Feb 15, 2005
  14. andre

    Paul H. Guest

    > "wald" <arnout.standaert@n*o_s-p%a|m.cit.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote in message
    > > "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    > >

    > >> "andre" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Wow!
    > >> That's really very nice.
    > >>
    > >> What program creates the web zooming tool?
    > >> Really a neat technology for viewing this great shot.

    > > Errr... first link on Google, search term "zoomify":
    > >
    > > http://www.zoomify.com/

    > Errr...Where was I supposed to come up with the term, "zoomify"?

    I use Mozilla Firefox with the telepathy plug-in and when the telekinesis
    plug-in comes out next year, I'll be able to chuck my keyboard.
    Paul H., Feb 15, 2005
  15. Owamanga wrote:
    > On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:52:34 -0600, Curt Bousquet
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>John McWilliams <> wrote let it be known in

    >>>Just sleeping. But someone had removed his Rolex Oyster;
    >>>you can tell by the shape of the lack of suntan on his left
    >>>wrist.

    >>Looks more like sunburn to me. See the small melanoma on his
    >>skin? Its only the size of the head of a pin now, but he'd
    >>better get it looked at.

    > Melanoma? I thought it was a flea with a broken leg and a really tiny
    > set of aqua lungs. An underwater flea, that's had a diving accident.
    >
    > If you look even closer, you can see Ben Aflec has signed his cast.

    With a calligraphy pen in mauve!! And he misspelt his own damn name.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Feb 16, 2005
  16. andre

    Mark² Guest

    "Paul H." <> wrote in message

    >> "wald" <arnout.standaert@n*o_s-p%a|m.cit.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote in message

    >> > Errr... first link on Google, search term "zoomify":
    >> >
    >> > http://www.zoomify.com/

    >> Errr...Where was I supposed to come up with the term, "zoomify"?

    > I use Mozilla Firefox with the telepathy plug-in and when the telekinesis
    > plug-in comes out next year, I'll be able to chuck my keyboard.

    Cool!
    Until we all have one, though...perhaps a bit more patience is due...
    :)
    Mark², Feb 16, 2005