    have had some people tell me they think it is better than actually
    going there!"

    http://www.vatican.va/various/cappelle/sistina_vr/index.html

    joevan, Apr 5, 2010

  2. joevan

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 20:04:33 -0400, joevan wrote:

    > Give it a while to load, and once it has finished use your left mouse
    > button to go around and around or up and down ceiling and floor. It is
    > worth seeing in great detail. I was there once in 1964 but it didn't
    > look this good. It has been treated in more recent years to a lot of
    > care and understanding of the art. the + - signs at the lower left are
    > useful too.
    >
    > this via my email from one of my professional memberships.
    >
    > "It is truly amazing. At least
    > the Vatican is putting digital imaging technology to good use. I
    > have had some people tell me they think it is better than actually
    > going there!"
    >
    > http://www.vatican.va/various/cappelle/sistina_vr/index.html

    Does it show the section where Michaelangelo painted in the little space
    ship with the guy waving?

    A few years back, I kept seeing this crap on various shows.
    For some strange reason, after I pointed out that the image looked a lot
    like the one I had on a special post card (qsl card for cb'ers) it seemed
    to have vanished from the airwaves.

    richard, Apr 5, 2010

  3. joevan

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The joevan Post:
    > Give it a while to load, and once it has finished use your left mouse
    > button to go around and around or up and down ceiling and floor. It is
    > worth seeing in great detail. I was there once in 1964 but it didn't
    > look this good. It has been treated in more recent years to a lot of
    > care and understanding of the art. the + - signs at the lower left are
    > useful too.
    >
    > this via my email from one of my professional memberships.
    >
    > "It is truly amazing. At least
    > the Vatican is putting digital imaging technology to good use. I
    > have had some people tell me they think it is better than actually
    > going there!"
    >
    > http://www.vatican.va/various/cappelle/sistina_vr/index.html

    Stunning, Thank You for sharing.

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Apr 5, 2010
  4. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 09:04:52 -0400, "dadiOH" <>
    wrote:

    >Evan Platt wrote:
    >> On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 17:51:47 -0700, richard <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> A few years back, I kept seeing this crap on various shows.
    >>> For some strange reason, after I pointed out that the image looked a
    >>> lot like the one I had on a special post card (qsl card for cb'ers)
    >>> it seemed to have vanished from the airwaves.

    >> Damn, richard takes credit for everything.
    >>
    >> "Shortly after I wrote to John F. Kennedy, telling him he should run
    >> for president, he ran, and look! He won!"
    >>
    >> Pretty darn impressive for a guy living in an RV in a motel 6 parking
    >> lot.

    >Better than a van down by the river :)

    Yes and I think he gives too much credit with an RV.

    joevan, Apr 5, 2010
  5. joevan

    Mike Easter Guest

    joevan wrote:

    > "It is truly amazing. At least
    > the Vatican is putting digital imaging technology to good use. I
    > have had some people tell me they think it is better than actually
    > going there!"
    >
    > http://www.vatican.va/various/cappelle/sistina_vr/index.html

    If you want to know the artists and content of that 3D digital tour,
    here is a different 2D digital tour of stills with supplemental information.

    http://www.beckydaroff.com/arthistory/scc/index.html Please allow a
    moment for this page to load, then hover over the map and the text to
    explore the Sistine Chapel.

    The Vatican's tour has enormously more content and resolution, but the
    little 2D tour can help you understand what you are seeing.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Apr 5, 2010
  6. joevan

    Buffalo Guest

    joevan wrote:
    > Give it a while to load, and once it has finished use your left mouse
    > button to go around and around or up and down ceiling and floor. It is
    > worth seeing in great detail. I was there once in 1964 but it didn't
    > look this good. It has been treated in more recent years to a lot of
    > care and understanding of the art. the + - signs at the lower left are
    > useful too.
    >
    > this via my email from one of my professional memberships.
    >
    > "It is truly amazing. At least
    > the Vatican is putting digital imaging technology to good use. I
    > have had some people tell me they think it is better than actually
    > going there!"
    >
    > http://www.vatican.va/various/cappelle/sistina_vr/index.html

    Thanks, that is a very good look at the Chapel.
    Buffalo
    PS: I did not seem to be able to locate Richard's 'space ship'..

    Buffalo, Apr 5, 2010
  7. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 12:13:08 -0600, "Buffalo" <>
    wrote:

    >joevan wrote:
    >> Give it a while to load, and once it has finished use your left mouse
    >> button to go around and around or up and down ceiling and floor. It is
    >> worth seeing in great detail. I was there once in 1964 but it didn't
    >> look this good. It has been treated in more recent years to a lot of
    >> care and understanding of the art. the + - signs at the lower left are
    >> useful too.
    >>
    >> this via my email from one of my professional memberships.
    >>
    >> "It is truly amazing. At least
    >> the Vatican is putting digital imaging technology to good use. I
    >> have had some people tell me they think it is better than actually
    >> going there!"
    >>
    >> http://www.vatican.va/various/cappelle/sistina_vr/index.html

    >Thanks, that is a very good look at the Chapel.
    >Buffalo
    >PS: I did not seem to be able to locate Richard's 'space ship'..

    Can't you see into his head? Oh, I guess there is nothing in there.
    he probably saw Bosch's The Garden of Earthly Delight
    and thought this had something to do wih Hieronymus.

    http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/bosch/delight/

    joevan, Apr 5, 2010
  8. joevan

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Evan Platt Post:
    > On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 17:51:47 -0700, richard<> wrote:
    >
    >> A few years back, I kept seeing this crap on various shows.
    >> For some strange reason, after I pointed out that the image looked a lot
    >> like the one I had on a special post card (qsl card for cb'ers) it seemed
    >> to have vanished from the airwaves.

    > Damn, richard takes credit for everything.
    >
    > "Shortly after I wrote to John F. Kennedy, telling him he should run
    > for president, he ran, and look! He won!"
    >
    > Pretty darn impressive for a guy living in an RV in a motel 6 parking
    > lot.

    The American Dream come true. <g>

    OldGringo38, Apr 5, 2010