    Sorry if already asked & answered but whats the easiest way to make such a
    file or does one already exist? I want to try and make a home DVD of the new
    OZ and include DSotM as the audio track.

    Bratboy, Oct 29, 2005

  2. Bratboy

    Jeff Rife Guest

    Bratboy () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > Sorry if already asked & answered but whats the easiest way to make such a
    > file or does one already exist? I want to try and make a home DVD of the new
    > OZ and include DSotM as the audio track.

    Most DVD authoring programs will encode to 2-channel AC3 using built-in
    software, so all you need to do is rip the CD into a WAV file, and feed
    that as input to the authoring program.

    Other than that, try the techniques described at the following links:
    http://www.doom9.org/audio-guides.htm
    http://www.videohelp.com/convert#4;15

    --
    Jeff Rife | "You may find this strange, but I think body

    Jeff Rife, Oct 29, 2005

  3. Bratboy

    Biz Guest

    If there is a DVD-A version of DSOTM, you could rip the DD 5.1 track from
    it....otherwise, its quite trivial to take an audio CD and make a DD2.0
    track out of it...

    Biz, Oct 30, 2005
  4. "Biz" <> wrote in message
    > If there is a DVD-A version of DSOTM, you could rip the DD 5.1 track from
    > it....otherwise, its quite trivial to take an audio CD and make a DD2.0
    > track out of it...

    What about the size of the file? If you didn't make it (at least) DD2.0,
    the file size would be huge, wouldn't it?

    Bernie Woodham, Oct 31, 2005
  5. Bratboy

    Jeff Rife Guest

    Bernie Woodham () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > > If there is a DVD-A version of DSOTM, you could rip the DD 5.1 track from
    > > it....otherwise, its quite trivial to take an audio CD and make a DD2.0
    > > track out of it...
    > >

    > What about the size of the file? If you didn't make it (at least) DD2.0,
    > the file size would be huge, wouldn't it?

    226MB for 44kHz, 16-bit uncompressed wave files of DSotM. That's nothing
    compared to the over 6GB for the ripped DVD movie files.

    --
    Jeff Rife |

    Jeff Rife, Nov 1, 2005
  6. Bratboy

    TB Guest

    "Jeff Rife" wrote:

    > Bernie Woodham () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >> > If there is a DVD-A version of DSOTM, you could rip the DD 5.1 track
    >> > from
    >> > it....otherwise, its quite trivial to take an audio CD and make a DD2.0
    >> > track out of it...
    >> >

    >> What about the size of the file? If you didn't make it (at least) DD2.0,
    >> the file size would be huge, wouldn't it?

    > 226MB for 44kHz, 16-bit uncompressed wave files of DSotM. That's nothing
    > compared to the over 6GB for the ripped DVD movie files.

    Is there a site that explains exactly when the DSotM music should exactly
    cue up to what scene for this whole thing to be effective?

    T.B.

    TB, Nov 2, 2005
  7. Bratboy

    Tarkus Guest

    On 11/1/2005 5:58:08 PM, TB wrote:

    > Is there a site that explains exactly when the DSotM music should
    > exactly cue up to what scene for this whole thing to be effective?

    As I recall, it needs to start immediately after the MGM lion roars. I'm
    sure you can find definitive instructions on Google, though.
    --
    "If words were cherry stems, my tongue would be in Sherilyn Fenn's
    mouth."

    Now playing: "Black Sabbath - Symptom of the Universe"

    Tarkus, Nov 2, 2005