Amusing voip T&Cs

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Brian A, Feb 18, 2008.

  1. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    I saw this on a US voip web site for terms of service and thought some
    might find it amusing.

    "Fine print: All prices are final, there are no hidden fees. Period.
    Only SIP/IAX devices that have already been created can be connected
    to callwithus.com to make calls. Please ensure you only use devices
    approved by you (Please do not try and connect using two tin cans and
    a piece of string as we do not yet support this, but we may support
    this in the future). Callwithus.com monthly subscription charge of $0
    must be paid in advance and does not include tax of $0 which also must
    be paid in advance. You will be billed an activation fee of $0 plus
    tax and this must be paid in advance. Calls made incur tax at the rate
    of 0% each month and must be paid in advance. On cancellation of
    service you will be charged a one time only disconnection charge of
    $0. Additional features such as caller ID with name on incoming calls
    will be billed at the additional rate of $0 per call. All **YOUR**
    rights reserved."
    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    ---

    Brian A, Feb 18, 2008

  2. Brian A

    Jono Guest

    After serious thinking Brian A wrote :
    > I saw this on a US voip web site for terms of service and thought some
    > might find it amusing.
    >
    > "Fine print: All prices are final, there are no hidden fees. Period.
    > Only SIP/IAX devices that have already been created can be connected
    > to callwithus.com to make calls. Please ensure you only use devices
    > approved by you (Please do not try and connect using two tin cans and
    > a piece of string as we do not yet support this, but we may support
    > this in the future). Callwithus.com monthly subscription charge of $0
    > must be paid in advance and does not include tax of $0 which also must
    > be paid in advance. You will be billed an activation fee of $0 plus
    > tax and this must be paid in advance. Calls made incur tax at the rate
    > of 0% each month and must be paid in advance. On cancellation of
    > service you will be charged a one time only disconnection charge of
    > $0. Additional features such as caller ID with name on incoming calls
    > will be billed at the additional rate of $0 per call. All **YOUR**
    > rights reserved."
    > ---

    Their T-Mobile (UK) rates are cheap!

    Jono, Feb 18, 2008

  3. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 22:13:02 GMT, Jono <>
    wrote:

    >After serious thinking Brian A wrote :
    >> I saw this on a US voip web site for terms of service and thought some
    >> might find it amusing.
    >>
    >> "Fine print: All prices are final, there are no hidden fees. Period.
    >> Only SIP/IAX devices that have already been created can be connected
    >> to callwithus.com to make calls. Please ensure you only use devices
    >> approved by you (Please do not try and connect using two tin cans and
    >> a piece of string as we do not yet support this, but we may support
    >> this in the future). Callwithus.com monthly subscription charge of $0
    >> must be paid in advance and does not include tax of $0 which also must
    >> be paid in advance. You will be billed an activation fee of $0 plus
    >> tax and this must be paid in advance. Calls made incur tax at the rate
    >> of 0% each month and must be paid in advance. On cancellation of
    >> service you will be charged a one time only disconnection charge of
    >> $0. Additional features such as caller ID with name on incoming calls
    >> will be billed at the additional rate of $0 per call. All **YOUR**
    >> rights reserved."
    >> ---

    >Their T-Mobile (UK) rates are cheap!

    Yes I noticed - 3p/min from what I remember.

    ---

    Brian A, Feb 19, 2008