    dominating the world, planned to release new software that is
    intentionally full of bugs so that people will be forced to buy
    upgrades for years. Anyone notice that?

    GraB, Oct 19, 2003

  2. On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:40:28 +1300, GraB wrote:

    > In Tomorrow Never Dies, tonight on TV3, the villian Carver, intent of
    > dominating the world, planned to release new software that is
    > intentionally full of bugs so that people will be forced to buy
    > upgrades for years. Anyone notice that?

    Every time it screens, yes.

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Oct 19, 2003

  3. GraB

    John Guest

    On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:40:28 +1300, GraB <> wrote:

    >In Tomorrow Never Dies, tonight on TV3, the villian Carver, intent of
    >dominating the world, planned to release new software that is
    >intentionally full of bugs so that people will be forced to buy
    >upgrades for years. Anyone notice that?

    yep, even my wife picked up on it...
    there is quite a bit of suttle promotions / demotions of products in
    that movie... the erricson cell phone and the BMW car and bike...

    John, Oct 19, 2003
  4. GraB

    Philip Roy Guest

    In article <>,
    "Uncle StoatWarbler" <> wrote:

    > On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:40:28 +1300, GraB wrote:
    >
    > > In Tomorrow Never Dies, tonight on TV3, the villian Carver, intent of
    > > dominating the world, planned to release new software that is
    > > intentionally full of bugs so that people will be forced to buy
    > > upgrades for years. Anyone notice that?

    > Every time it screens, yes.

    Or for a supposedly more blatant spin on Bill Gates, see the rediculous
    "AntiTrust"....
    http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0218817/
    As the quotes section on the site says...
    "Milo : Doesn't Bill Gates have something like that?
    Gary : Bill Who?"

    I give it two thumbs down.

    Phil
    --
    MacGuide @ NZMac.com :: http://www.macguide.co.nz
    All Mac - All Kiwi

    Philip Roy, Oct 19, 2003
  5. GraB

    Steven H Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:40:28 +1300, GraB <> wrote:
    >
    > >In Tomorrow Never Dies, tonight on TV3, the villian Carver, intent of
    > >dominating the world, planned to release new software that is
    > >intentionally full of bugs so that people will be forced to buy
    > >upgrades for years. Anyone notice that?

    > yep, even my wife picked up on it...
    > there is quite a bit of suttle promotions / demotions of products in
    > that movie... the erricson cell phone and the BMW car and bike...

    how else can they afford to trash so many vehicles -
    Steven H

    Steven H, Oct 19, 2003
  6. GraB

    steve Guest

    John allegedly said:

    > On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:40:28 +1300, GraB <> wrote:
    >
    >>In Tomorrow Never Dies, tonight on TV3, the villian Carver, intent of
    >>dominating the world, planned to release new software that is
    >>intentionally full of bugs so that people will be forced to buy
    >>upgrades for years. Anyone notice that?

    > yep, even my wife picked up on it...
    > there is quite a bit of suttle promotions / demotions of products in
    > that movie... the erricson cell phone and the BMW car and bike...

    A Bit?

    Bond movies are little more than vehicles for ad placements. :)

    --
    defenestrate: The act of replacing Windows on your PC with some other
    operating system.

    steve, Oct 19, 2003
  7. GraB

    The Hobbit Guest

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    > John allegedly said:
    >
    > > On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:40:28 +1300, GraB <> wrote:
    > >
    > >>In Tomorrow Never Dies, tonight on TV3, the villian Carver, intent of
    > >>dominating the world, planned to release new software that is
    > >>intentionally full of bugs so that people will be forced to buy
    > >>upgrades for years. Anyone notice that?

    > > yep, even my wife picked up on it...
    > > there is quite a bit of suttle promotions / demotions of products in
    > > that movie... the erricson cell phone and the BMW car and bike...

    > A Bit?
    >
    > Bond movies are little more than vehicles for ad placements. :)

    Or indeed ads for vehicle placements...

    A surprising number of black Range Rovers available in China it would
    seem...

    The Hobbit, Oct 20, 2003
  8. GraB

    Jason M Guest

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:42:40 +1300, steve <> wrote:

    >Bond movies are little more than vehicles for ad placements. :)

    Where do we buy the torpedo with rotating cutters at the front?

    Jason M, Oct 20, 2003
  9. GraB

    steve Guest

    Jason M allegedly said:

    > On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:42:40 +1300, steve <> wrote:
    >
    >>Bond movies are little more than vehicles for ad placements. :)

    > Where do we buy the torpedo with rotating cutters at the front?

    You better rent it again. :)

    steve, Oct 20, 2003
  10. GraB

    steve Guest

    The Hobbit allegedly said:

    > "steve" <> wrote in message
    >> John allegedly said:

    >> > yep, even my wife picked up on it...
    >> > there is quite a bit of suttle promotions / demotions of products in
    >> > that movie... the erricson cell phone and the BMW car and bike...

    >> A Bit?
    >>
    >> Bond movies are little more than vehicles for ad placements. :)
    >>

    > Or indeed ads for vehicle placements...
    >
    > A surprising number of black Range Rovers available in China it would
    > seem...

    The usual term for it.....which I had partly remembered and partly
    forgotten.....is:

    "product placements".

    steve, Oct 20, 2003
  11. GraB

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    (Jason M) wrote in

    > Where do we buy the torpedo with rotating cutters at the front?

    Hummm, now that could be a good *project* for Mr Simpson :)

    Chris Mayhew, Oct 21, 2003