    Strange question I know, but does anyone know where I can buy a Amiga
    Workbench v1.3 FD's? Hopefully I'm not 20 years too late!
    , Feb 7, 2009

  2. Will Spencer Guest

    On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 13:12:01 -0800 (PST), wrote:

    > Strange question I know, but does anyone know where I can buy a Amiga
    > Workbench v1.3 FD's? Hopefully I'm not 20 years too late!

    Good god, I still have my Amiga600 in a box under the house. It's sitting
    next to my even more ancient Amstrad CPC 464.

    -ws
    Will Spencer, Feb 10, 2009

  3. Guest

    On Feb 8, 10:55 am, Puddle <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Strange question I know, but does anyone know where I can buy a Amiga
    > > Workbench v1.3 FD's? Hopefully I'm not 20 years too late!

    > If you mean legally then probably off ebay or even trademe at times or
    > you can go the emulator way and buy the images from amiga forever but
    > that won't help you if you want to actually boot up an old amiga 500
    > etc.  Unfortunately you can't write amiga floppies with a pc and the
    > amiga cannot read pc floppies without a certain program on it, catch-22
    >
    > You can also download the images from torrent sites, legally i suppose
    > if you have the disks already but they don't work or you bought the
    > rights to the images from amiga forever :)
    >
    > If you get stuck getting wb 1.3 onto the floppies and you don't care if
    > they aren't the originals I can copy it onto some floppies and send them
    > your way (you have to provide the blank disks though, i don't have any
    > these days)
    >
    > Good luck.

    It's a chicken and the egg scenario for me unfortunately. I have the
    images of WB 1.3 on the PC, but I can't transfer them across to the
    Amiga via the null modem cable until I boot the Amiga with WB 1.3!
    Very frustrating!

    Will look into those leads a little further before I bother you too
    much. :)

    Thanks again for the info.
    , Feb 10, 2009
  4. Guest

    On Feb 10, 3:17 pm, Will Spencer <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 13:12:01 -0800 (PST), wrote:
    > > Strange question I know, but does anyone know where I can buy a Amiga
    > > Workbench v1.3 FD's? Hopefully I'm not 20 years too late!

    > Good god, I still have my Amiga600 in a box under the house. It's sitting
    > next to my even more ancient Amstrad CPC 464.
    >
    > -ws

    LOL! I'm collecting Amiga 500's at the moment, despite my childhood
    obcession with obtaining an Apple IIGS.
    , Feb 10, 2009
  5. ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs wrote:
    > On Feb 10, 3:17 pm, Will Spencer <> wrote:
    >> On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 13:12:01 -0800 (PST), wrote:
    >>> Strange question I know, but does anyone know where I can buy a
    >>> Amiga Workbench v1.3 FD's? Hopefully I'm not 20 years too late!

    >> Good god, I still have my Amiga600 in a box under the house. It's
    >> sitting next to my even more ancient Amstrad CPC 464.
    >>
    >> -ws

    > LOL! I'm collecting Amiga 500's at the moment, despite my childhood
    > obcession with obtaining an Apple IIGS.

    Shame you weren't around when I was trying to get rid of mine.

    http://groups.google.com/group/nz.comp/msg/c9a8544d9b53980f?hl=en
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Feb 10, 2009