    hear 8 beeps. What should I do to get rid of this problem ?

    Thanks

    Pat

    Pat, Aug 2, 2003

  2. Pat

    Unk Guest

    On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 23:47:49 GMT, "Pat" <> wrote:
    >When I boot my computer, I hear 8 beeps. This means that I have a video
    >card problem (referring to many web sites).
    >I changed my ATI AGP Video card for an ATI PCI Video Card and I still can
    >hear 8 beeps. What should I do to get rid of this problem ?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Pat

    8 beeps - Display Memory R/W Test failure

    http://www.techadvice.com/tech/B/BeepCode.htm
    http://www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml
    http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/
    http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm#04
    http://www.ami.com/support/doc/beep_codes.pdf
    http://www.webenet.net/~ntuser/phoenixbeep.htm
    http://www.sysopt.com/biosbmc.html
    http://www.5starsupport.com/info/beep_codes.htm
    By BIOS type: http://www.bioscentral.com

    Beep Codes

    BEEP CODE Meaning

    1 DRAM refresh failure
    2 Parity Circut failure
    3 Base 64K RAM failure
    4 System Timer failure
    5 Processor failure
    6 Keyboard Controller / Gate A20 error
    7 Virtual Mode Exception error
    8 Display Memory R/W Test failure
    9 ROM-BIOS Checksum failure
    10 CMOS shutdown register read/write error
    11 Cache memory error

    Continuous Beeping: Memory or video problem

    Unk

    Unk, Aug 2, 2003