America's #1 comedian makes dramatic film debut!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Metamucil, May 27, 2007.

  1. Metamucil

    Metamucil Guest

    Just like Bill Murray and Jim Carrey before him, America's premier
    standup comic shows that his talent is unlimited. You will worship the
    'Dane':

    http://www.apple.com/trailers/mgm/mrbrooks/trailera/

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780571/

    Consider Mr. Brooks. A successful businessman. A generous
    philanthropist. A loving father and devoted husband. Seemingly, he's
    perfect. But Mr. Brooks has a secret -- he is an insatiable serial
    killer, so lethally clever that no one has ever suspected him -- until
    now.

    Earl Brooks (Kevin Costner) is a man who has managed to keep his two
    incompatible worlds from intersecting by controlling his cunning,
    wicked alter ego Marshall (William Hurt). But now, as Mr. Brooks
    succumbs to one last murderous urge, an amateur photographer (Dane
    Cook) witnesses the crime. Suddenly Brooks finds himself entangled in
    the dark agenda of an opportunistic bystander, as well as hunted by
    the unorthodox and tenacious detective Tracy Atwood (Demi Moore). Can
    Mr. Brooks outsmart his adversaries and conceal his shocking double
    life from his wife (Marg Helgenberger) and daughter (Danielle
    Panabaker) or will someone expose his crimes and his identity once and
    for all?
    Metamucil, May 27, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Metamucil

    explorer Guest

    x-no-archive: yes
    "Metamucil" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Just like Bill Murray and Jim Carrey before him, America's premier
    > standup comic shows that his talent is unlimited. You will worship the
    > 'Dane':
    >
    > http://www.apple.com/trailers/mgm/mrbrooks/trailera/
    >
    > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780571/
    >
    > Consider Mr. Brooks. A successful businessman. A generous
    > philanthropist. A loving father and devoted husband. Seemingly, he's
    > perfect. But Mr. Brooks has a secret -- he is an insatiable serial
    > killer, so lethally clever that no one has ever suspected him -- until
    > now.
    >
    > Earl Brooks (Kevin Costner) is a man who has managed to keep his two
    > incompatible worlds from intersecting by controlling his cunning,
    > wicked alter ego Marshall (William Hurt). But now, as Mr. Brooks
    > succumbs to one last murderous urge, an amateur photographer (Dane
    > Cook) witnesses the crime. Suddenly Brooks finds himself entangled in
    > the dark agenda of an opportunistic bystander, as well as hunted by
    > the unorthodox and tenacious detective Tracy Atwood (Demi Moore). Can
    > Mr. Brooks outsmart his adversaries and conceal his shocking double
    > life from his wife (Marg Helgenberger) and daughter (Danielle
    > Panabaker) or will someone expose his crimes and his identity once and
    > for all?
    >


    I hope this one is as successful as his last movie!! I really do!! It
    could mean the end of a movie career for him.
    explorer, May 27, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Metamucil

    jake Guest

    On May 26, 10:09 pm, Metamucil <> wrote:
    > Just like Bill Murray and Jim Carrey before him, America's premier
    > standup comic shows that his talent is unlimited. You will worship the
    > 'Dane':
    >
    > http://www.apple.com/trailers/mgm/mrbrooks/trailera/
    >
    > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780571/
    >
    > Consider Mr. Brooks. A successful businessman. A generous
    > philanthropist. A loving father and devoted husband. Seemingly, he's
    > perfect. But Mr. Brooks has a secret -- he is an insatiable serial
    > killer, so lethally clever that no one has ever suspected him -- until
    > now.
    >
    > Earl Brooks (Kevin Costner) is a man who has managed to keep his two
    > incompatible worlds from intersecting by controlling his cunning,
    > wicked alter ego Marshall (William Hurt). But now, as Mr. Brooks
    > succumbs to one last murderous urge, an amateur photographer (Dane
    > Cook) witnesses the crime. Suddenly Brooks finds himself entangled in
    > the dark agenda of an opportunistic bystander, as well as hunted by
    > the unorthodox and tenacious detective Tracy Atwood (Demi Moore). Can
    > Mr. Brooks outsmart his adversaries and conceal his shocking double
    > life from his wife (Marg Helgenberger) and daughter (Danielle
    > Panabaker) or will someone expose his crimes and his identity once and
    > for all?


    So which of all the above named famous people are you calling
    America's premier standup comic???
    Jake.
    jake, May 27, 2007
    #3
  4. Metamucil

    dave Guest

    "Metamucil" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Just like Bill Murray and Jim Carrey before him, America's premier
    > standup comic shows that his talent is unlimited. You will worship the
    > 'Dane':
    >

    <snipped>
    A better movie for DANE COOK would be for him to star as a third rate
    comedian who has a secret life a male prostitute servicing old gay men. He
    wants to quit but its his only source of income.
    dave, May 27, 2007
    #4
  5. Metamucil

    Brophy Guest

    Metamucil said:
    > Just like Bill Murray and Jim Carrey before him, America's premier
    > standup comic shows that his talent is unlimited. You will worship the
    > 'Dane':
    >

    Jim Carrey, an American comic?

    I guess you think that Wayne Gretzky or Gordie Howe are great American hockey
    players. Twice NBA MVP Steve Nash a great American basketball player?

    SNL genius Lorne Michael Lipowitz? A great American?
    Brophy, May 28, 2007
    #5
  6. Brophy wrote:
    > Metamucil said:
    >> Just like Bill Murray and Jim Carrey before him, America's premier
    >> standup comic shows that his talent is unlimited. You will worship the
    >> 'Dane':
    >>

    > Jim Carrey, an American comic?
    >
    > I guess you think that Wayne Gretzky or Gordie Howe are great American hockey
    > players. Twice NBA MVP Steve Nash a great American basketball player?
    >
    > SNL genius Lorne Michael Lipowitz? A great American?
    >


    You forgot one: crooner William Shatner.

    --
    It Came From Corry Lee Smith's Unclaimed Mysteries.
    http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net
    Keep your head and arms inside The Mixer at all times.
    Unclaimed Mysteries, May 28, 2007
    #6
  7. Metamucil

    Todd Guest

    Unclaimed Mysteries
    said:
    > Brophy wrote:
    > > Metamucil said:
    > >> Just like Bill Murray and Jim Carrey before him, America's premier
    > >> standup comic shows that his talent is unlimited. You will worship the
    > >> 'Dane':
    > >>

    > > Jim Carrey, an American comic?
    > >
    > > I guess you think that Wayne Gretzky or Gordie Howe are great American hockey
    > > players. Twice NBA MVP Steve Nash a great American basketball player?
    > >
    > > SNL genius Lorne Michael Lipowitz? A great American?
    > >

    >
    > You forgot one: crooner William Shatner.
    >
    >

    I know him! He's that Jewish guy from Montreal!

    Son of a tailor in the needle district, he was.

    And Shatner's his real name!
    Todd, May 28, 2007
    #7
  8. Metamucil

    Todd Guest

    Todd said:
    > Unclaimed Mysteries
    > said:
    > > Brophy wrote:
    > > > Metamucil said:
    > > >> Just like Bill Murray and Jim Carrey before him, America's premier
    > > >> standup comic shows that his talent is unlimited. You will worship the
    > > >> 'Dane':
    > > >>
    > > > Jim Carrey, an American comic?
    > > >
    > > > I guess you think that Wayne Gretzky or Gordie Howe are great American hockey
    > > > players. Twice NBA MVP Steve Nash a great American basketball player?
    > > >
    > > > SNL genius Lorne Michael Lipowitz? A great American?
    > > >

    > >
    > > You forgot one: crooner William Shatner.
    > >
    > >

    > I know him! He's that Jewish guy from Montreal!
    >
    > Son of a tailor in the needle district, he was.
    >
    > And Shatner's his real name!
    >

    Bill Shatner was close friends with Bonanza's Lorne Greene, they met at
    Stratford theatre in Ontario, where only Shakespeare is acted.
    Todd, May 28, 2007
    #8
  9. Metamucil

    Todd Guest

    Todd said:
    > Todd said:
    > > Unclaimed Mysteries
    > > said:
    > > > Brophy wrote:
    > > > > Metamucil said:
    > > > >> Just like Bill Murray and Jim Carrey before him, America's premier
    > > > >> standup comic shows that his talent is unlimited. You will worship the
    > > > >> 'Dane':
    > > > >>
    > > > > Jim Carrey, an American comic?
    > > > >
    > > > > I guess you think that Wayne Gretzky or Gordie Howe are great American hockey
    > > > > players. Twice NBA MVP Steve Nash a great American basketball player?
    > > > >
    > > > > SNL genius Lorne Michael Lipowitz? A great American?
    > > > >
    > > >
    > > > You forgot one: crooner William Shatner.
    > > >
    > > >

    > > I know him! He's that Jewish guy from Montreal!
    > >
    > > Son of a tailor in the needle district, he was.
    > >
    > > And Shatner's his real name!
    > >

    > Bill Shatner was close friends with Bonanza's Lorne Greene, they met at
    > Stratford theatre in Ontario, where only Shakespeare is acted.
    >

    "The play's the thing"

    Hamlet, Act II, Scene 2

    Fie upon't! foh! About, my brain! I have heard
    That guilty creatures sitting at a play
    Have by the very cunning of the scene
    Been struck so to the soul that presently
    They have proclaim'd their malefactions;
    For murder, though it have no tongue, will speak
    With most miraculous organ. I'll have these players
    Play something like the murder of my father
    Before mine uncle: I'll observe his looks;
    I'll tent him to the quick: if he but blench,
    I know my course. The spirit that I have seen
    May be the devil: and the devil hath power
    To assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps
    Out of my weakness and my melancholy,
    As he is very potent with such spirits,
    Abuses me to damn me: I'll have grounds
    More relative than this: the play 's the thing
    Wherein I'll catch the conscience of the king.
    Todd, May 28, 2007
    #9
  10. Metamucil

    thursday@9 Guest

    I thought 'Employee of the Month' was his first dramatic role? You
    mean to tell me, that was a comedy?
    thursday@9, May 28, 2007
    #10
  11. Metamucil

    jake Guest

    On May 27, 1:13 am, jake <> wrote:
    > On May 26, 10:09 pm, Metamucil <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > Just like Bill Murray and Jim Carrey before him, America's premier
    > > standup comic shows that his talent is unlimited. You will worship the
    > > 'Dane':

    >
    > >http://www.apple.com/trailers/mgm/mrbrooks/trailera/

    >
    > >http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780571/

    >
    > > Consider Mr. Brooks. A successful businessman. A generous
    > > philanthropist. A loving father and devoted husband. Seemingly, he's
    > > perfect. But Mr. Brooks has a secret -- he is an insatiable serial
    > > killer, so lethally clever that no one has ever suspected him -- until
    > > now.

    >
    > > Earl Brooks (Kevin Costner) is a man who has managed to keep his two
    > > incompatible worlds from intersecting by controlling his cunning,
    > > wicked alter ego Marshall (William Hurt). But now, as Mr. Brooks
    > > succumbs to one last murderous urge, an amateur photographer (Dane
    > > Cook) witnesses the crime. Suddenly Brooks finds himself entangled in
    > > the dark agenda of an opportunistic bystander, as well as hunted by
    > > the unorthodox and tenacious detective Tracy Atwood (Demi Moore). Can
    > > Mr. Brooks outsmart his adversaries and conceal his shocking double
    > > life from his wife (Marg Helgenberger) and daughter (Danielle
    > > Panabaker) or will someone expose his crimes and his identity once and
    > > for all?

    >
    > So which of all the above named famous people are you calling
    > America's premier standup comic???
    > Jake.- Hide quoted text -
    >
    > - Show quoted text -


    I remember seeing Dane Cook do his routine several years ago on Comedy
    Central. He was obviously brought up in the Catholic tradition whith
    jake, May 30, 2007
    #11
  12. Metamucil

    jake Guest

    On May 30, 10:58 am, jake <> wrote:
    > On May 27, 1:13 am, jake <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > On May 26, 10:09 pm, Metamucil <> wrote:

    >
    > > > Just like Bill Murray and Jim Carrey before him, America's premier
    > > > standup comic shows that his talent is unlimited. You will worship the
    > > > 'Dane':

    >
    > > >http://www.apple.com/trailers/mgm/mrbrooks/trailera/

    >
    > > >http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780571/

    >
    > > > Consider Mr. Brooks. A successful businessman. A generous
    > > > philanthropist. A loving father and devoted husband. Seemingly, he's
    > > > perfect. But Mr. Brooks has a secret -- he is an insatiable serial
    > > > killer, so lethally clever that no one has ever suspected him -- until
    > > > now.

    >
    > > > Earl Brooks (Kevin Costner) is a man who has managed to keep his two
    > > > incompatible worlds from intersecting by controlling his cunning,
    > > > wicked alter ego Marshall (William Hurt). But now, as Mr. Brooks
    > > > succumbs to one last murderous urge, an amateur photographer (Dane
    > > > Cook) witnesses the crime. Suddenly Brooks finds himself entangled in
    > > > the dark agenda of an opportunistic bystander, as well as hunted by
    > > > the unorthodox and tenacious detective Tracy Atwood (Demi Moore). Can
    > > > Mr. Brooks outsmart his adversaries and conceal his shocking double
    > > > life from his wife (Marg Helgenberger) and daughter (Danielle
    > > > Panabaker) or will someone expose his crimes and his identity once and
    > > > for all?

    >
    > > So which of all the above named famous people are you calling
    > > America's premier standup comic???
    > > Jake.- Hide quoted text -

    >
    > > - Show quoted text -

    >
    > I remember seeing Dane Cook do his routine several years ago on Comedy
    > Central. He was obviously brought up in the Catholic tradition whith- Hide quoted text -
    >
    > - Show quoted text -


    Continuing my above post, Dane Cook supposedly was an altar boy who
    would hold the host dish for the Priest. He called the host
    christchex. And that, in my opinion was the extent of his comedy.
    Perhaps he can act better than he can do stand up. Will have to wait
    and see when I receive my pirated version of Mr. Brooks.
    Jake.
    jake, May 30, 2007
    #12
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Zogby
    Replies:
    188
    Views:
    2,933
    Rowdy Yates
    Aug 15, 2004
  2. Daryl Friesen

    FS: Karaoke Stand-up Comedian on DVD

    Daryl Friesen, Jan 31, 2006, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    633
    Daryl Friesen
    Jan 31, 2006
  3. Tarkus
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    528
    Derek Janssen
    Aug 4, 2006
  4. Ryadia@home

    Dramatic evidence - film v digital

    Ryadia@home, Jun 20, 2005, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    25
    Views:
    646
  5. Metamucil

    America's #1 comedian makes dramatic film debut!

    Metamucil, May 27, 2007, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    270
Loading...

Share This Page