Americans, your Doctor Who books are illegal

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by radioguy, Jan 17, 2009.

  1. radioguy

    radioguy Guest

    Your Doctor Who books are illegal. At least according to the MPAA
    shills in the dvd nrewsgroups and elsewhere
    on the internet.

    I myself personally disagree with the MPAA shills since I was taught
    the opposite in school.

    However, the MPAA shills havealready said that federal U.S. judges
    havealready ruled that the MPAA shills
    are correct.

    If that so, since it's a federal ruling, your Doctor Who books are
    indeed illegal.

    Vigin Books never sold the publishng rights to a U.S. publisher. They
    distributed their own product in the U.S. theirselves.

    The MPAA shills claim that is illegal since by doing so, you are
    guilty of stealing money from an American publisher who might buy the
    American rights to publish Virgin Doctor Who books sometie in the
    fututre.

    The same goes for the current BBC Doctor Who books being sold in the
    U.S.

    Since the BBC is distributing their own product in the U.S.
    theirselves, according to the MPAA shills, you are guilty of stealing
    money from an American publisher who might sometime in the future
    decide to buy American
    pblishing rights for Doctor Who books.



    According to the MPAA shills, federal U.S. judges have already
    convicted people for doing so since it is a
    violation of copyright law. (according to the mpaa shills)

    Buying directly from the copyright owner when the copyright owner has
    not sold publishing rights to a company
    in your country is illegal according to the mpaa shills, since it is
    stealing money from whatever company in yor
    country might sometime in the future decide to buy the publishing
    rights for your company.

    I learned in school that it is completely legal for Americans to buy a
    product from anywhere in the world as long as it is published by the
    legitimate copyright holder at the time you buy it.
    And can then sell it to anyone in the U.S. whenever you decide to sell
    it.

    However, the MPAA shills claim the opposite and even said ffedeal U.S.
    judges havve ruled te opposite and have convicted people who bought
    from a legitimate copyrght holder at the time they bought it and then
    sold it used later.
    published by the current copyright holder no matter where in the world
    the legitimate copyright holder is.

    I will no longer support any MPAA products, if I can help it.

    However the problem with that is the MPAA shills in the dvd newsgroups
    have already claimed that that is
    illegal also.

    the MPAA shills in the newsgroup specifically claimed that it is
    against the law if you (Americans) don't buy
    any MPAA dvds when the MPAA puts them ot for sale in the stores and
    you decide to go without having
    the dvd title at all.

    yes, the MPAA shills claimed that going without having any MPAA dvd
    titles at all is a federal crime since by doing so, you are stealing
    profits from them that they would have otherwise made if you had
    bought the MPAA dvd titles istead of deciding to not have any dvds of
    those titles at all!!!!!!!!!
     
    radioguy, Jan 17, 2009
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. radioguy

    Tartarus Guest

    On Jan 17, 9:11 am, radioguy <> wrote:
    > Your Doctor Who books are illegal. At least according to the MPAA
    > shills in the dvd nrewsgroups and elsewhere
    > on the internet.
    >
    > I myself personally disagree with the MPAA shills since I was taught
    > the opposite in school.
    >
    > However, the MPAA shills havealready said that federal U.S. judges
    > havealready ruled that the MPAA shills
    > are correct.
    >
    > If that so, since it's a federal ruling, your Doctor Who books are
    > indeed illegal.
    >
    > Vigin Books never sold the publishng rights to a U.S. publisher. They
    > distributed their own product in the U.S. theirselves.
    >
    > The MPAA shills claim that is illegal since by doing so, you are
    > guilty of stealing money from an American publisher who might buy the
    > American rights to publish Virgin Doctor Who books sometie in the
    > fututre.
    >
    > The same goes for the current BBC Doctor Who books being sold in the
    > U.S.
    >
    > Since the BBC is distributing their own product in the U.S.
    > theirselves, according to the MPAA shills, you are guilty of stealing
    > money from an American publisher who might sometime in the future
    > decide to buy American
    > pblishing rights for Doctor Who books.
    >
    > According to the MPAA shills, federal U.S. judges have already
    > convicted people for doing so since it is a
    > violation of copyright law. (according to the mpaa shills)
    >
    > Buying directly from the copyright owner when the copyright owner has
    > not sold publishing rights to a company
    > in your country is illegal according to the mpaa shills, since it is
    > stealing money from whatever company in yor
    > country might sometime in the future decide to buy the publishing
    > rights for your company.
    >
    > I learned in school that it is completely legal for Americans to buy a
    > product from anywhere in the world as long as it is published by the
    > legitimate copyright holder at the time you buy it.
    > And can then sell it to anyone in the U.S. whenever you decide to sell
    > it.
    >
    > However, the MPAA shills claim the opposite and even said ffedeal U.S.
    > judges havve ruled te opposite and have convicted people who bought
    > from a legitimate copyrght holder at the time they bought it and then
    > sold it used later.
    > published by the current copyright holder no matter where in the world
    > the legitimate copyright holder is.
    >
    > I will no longer support any MPAA products, if I can help it.
    >
    > However the problem with that is the MPAA shills in the dvd newsgroups
    > have already claimed that that is
    > illegal also.
    >
    >  the MPAA shills in the newsgroup specifically claimed that it is
    > against the law if you (Americans) don't buy
    > any MPAA dvds when the MPAA puts them ot for sale in the stores and
    > you decide to go without having
    > the dvd title at all.
    >
    > yes, the MPAA shills claimed that going without having any MPAA dvd
    > titles at all is a federal crime since by doing so, you are stealing
    > profits from them that they would have otherwise made if you had
    > bought the MPAA dvd titles istead of deciding to not have any dvds of
    > those titles at all!!!!!!!!!


    You might be more believable if you had provided some evidence of your
    assertions.

    Tartarus
     
    Tartarus, Jan 17, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. radioguy

    Vandar Guest

    Tartarus wrote:

    > On Jan 17, 9:11 am, radioguy <> wrote:
    >
    >>Your Doctor Who books are illegal. At least according to the MPAA
    >>shills in the dvd nrewsgroups and elsewhere
    >>on the internet.
    >>
    >>I myself personally disagree with the MPAA shills since I was taught
    >>the opposite in school.
    >>
    >>However, the MPAA shills havealready said that federal U.S. judges
    >>havealready ruled that the MPAA shills
    >>are correct.
    >>
    >>If that so, since it's a federal ruling, your Doctor Who books are
    >>indeed illegal.
    >>
    >>Vigin Books never sold the publishng rights to a U.S. publisher. They
    >>distributed their own product in the U.S. theirselves.
    >>
    >>The MPAA shills claim that is illegal since by doing so, you are
    >>guilty of stealing money from an American publisher who might buy the
    >>American rights to publish Virgin Doctor Who books sometie in the
    >>fututre.
    >>
    >>The same goes for the current BBC Doctor Who books being sold in the
    >>U.S.
    >>
    >>Since the BBC is distributing their own product in the U.S.
    >>theirselves, according to the MPAA shills, you are guilty of stealing
    >>money from an American publisher who might sometime in the future
    >>decide to buy American
    >>pblishing rights for Doctor Who books.
    >>
    >>According to the MPAA shills, federal U.S. judges have already
    >>convicted people for doing so since it is a
    >>violation of copyright law. (according to the mpaa shills)
    >>
    >>Buying directly from the copyright owner when the copyright owner has
    >>not sold publishing rights to a company
    >>in your country is illegal according to the mpaa shills, since it is
    >>stealing money from whatever company in yor
    >>country might sometime in the future decide to buy the publishing
    >>rights for your company.
    >>
    >>I learned in school that it is completely legal for Americans to buy a
    >>product from anywhere in the world as long as it is published by the
    >>legitimate copyright holder at the time you buy it.
    >>And can then sell it to anyone in the U.S. whenever you decide to sell
    >>it.
    >>
    >>However, the MPAA shills claim the opposite and even said ffedeal U.S.
    >>judges havve ruled te opposite and have convicted people who bought
    >>from a legitimate copyrght holder at the time they bought it and then
    >>sold it used later.
    >>published by the current copyright holder no matter where in the world
    >>the legitimate copyright holder is.
    >>
    >>I will no longer support any MPAA products, if I can help it.
    >>
    >>However the problem with that is the MPAA shills in the dvd newsgroups
    >>have already claimed that that is
    >>illegal also.
    >>
    >> the MPAA shills in the newsgroup specifically claimed that it is
    >>against the law if you (Americans) don't buy
    >>any MPAA dvds when the MPAA puts them ot for sale in the stores and
    >>you decide to go without having
    >>the dvd title at all.
    >>
    >>yes, the MPAA shills claimed that going without having any MPAA dvd
    >>titles at all is a federal crime since by doing so, you are stealing
    >>profits from them that they would have otherwise made if you had
    >>bought the MPAA dvd titles istead of deciding to not have any dvds of
    >>those titles at all!!!!!!!!!

    >
    >
    > You might be more believable if you had provided some evidence of your
    > assertions.


    And not used the term "shills" a dozen times.
     
    Vandar, Jan 17, 2009
    #3
  4. radioguy

    Naughtius Guest

    On Jan 17, 9:11 am, radioguy <> wrote:
    > Your Doctor Who books are illegal. At least according to the MPAA
    > shills in the dvd nrewsgroups and elsewhere
    > on the internet.
    >


    [Tardum]

    Shut The **** Up. Stupid...

    Naughtius "EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!! EXTERMINATE!!!" Maximus
     
    Naughtius, Jan 17, 2009
    #4
  5. radioguy

    GeekBoy Guest

    Uh, moron, MPAA has to do with FILM, not printed material.


    "radioguy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Your Doctor Who books are illegal. At least according to the MPAA
    > shills in the dvd nrewsgroups and elsewhere
    > on the internet.
    >
    > I myself personally disagree with the MPAA shills since I was taught
    > the opposite in school.
    >
    > However, the MPAA shills havealready said that federal U.S. judges
    > havealready ruled that the MPAA shills
    > are correct.
    >
    > If that so, since it's a federal ruling, your Doctor Who books are
    > indeed illegal.
    >
    > Vigin Books never sold the publishng rights to a U.S. publisher. They
    > distributed their own product in the U.S. theirselves.
    >
    > The MPAA shills claim that is illegal since by doing so, you are
    > guilty of stealing money from an American publisher who might buy the
    > American rights to publish Virgin Doctor Who books sometie in the
    > fututre.
    >
    > The same goes for the current BBC Doctor Who books being sold in the
    > U.S.
    >
    > Since the BBC is distributing their own product in the U.S.
    > theirselves, according to the MPAA shills, you are guilty of stealing
    > money from an American publisher who might sometime in the future
    > decide to buy American
    > pblishing rights for Doctor Who books.
    >
    >
    >
    > According to the MPAA shills, federal U.S. judges have already
    > convicted people for doing so since it is a
    > violation of copyright law. (according to the mpaa shills)
    >
    > Buying directly from the copyright owner when the copyright owner has
    > not sold publishing rights to a company
    > in your country is illegal according to the mpaa shills, since it is
    > stealing money from whatever company in yor
    > country might sometime in the future decide to buy the publishing
    > rights for your company.
    >
    > I learned in school that it is completely legal for Americans to buy a
    > product from anywhere in the world as long as it is published by the
    > legitimate copyright holder at the time you buy it.
    > And can then sell it to anyone in the U.S. whenever you decide to sell
    > it.
    >
    > However, the MPAA shills claim the opposite and even said ffedeal U.S.
    > judges havve ruled te opposite and have convicted people who bought
    > from a legitimate copyrght holder at the time they bought it and then
    > sold it used later.
    > published by the current copyright holder no matter where in the world
    > the legitimate copyright holder is.
    >
    > I will no longer support any MPAA products, if I can help it.
    >
    > However the problem with that is the MPAA shills in the dvd newsgroups
    > have already claimed that that is
    > illegal also.
    >
    > the MPAA shills in the newsgroup specifically claimed that it is
    > against the law if you (Americans) don't buy
    > any MPAA dvds when the MPAA puts them ot for sale in the stores and
    > you decide to go without having
    > the dvd title at all.
    >
    > yes, the MPAA shills claimed that going without having any MPAA dvd
    > titles at all is a federal crime since by doing so, you are stealing
    > profits from them that they would have otherwise made if you had
    > bought the MPAA dvd titles istead of deciding to not have any dvds of
    > those titles at all!!!!!!!!!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
     
    GeekBoy, Jan 17, 2009
    #5
  6. radioguy

    Guest

    On Jan 17, 10:11 am, radioguy <> wrote:
    > Your Doctor Who books are illegal. At least according to the MPAA
    > shills in the dvd nrewsgroups and elsewhere
    > on the internet.
    >
    > I myself personally disagree with the MPAA shills since I was taught
    > the opposite in school.
    >
    > However, the MPAA shills havealready said that federal U.S. judges
    > havealready ruled that the MPAA shills
    > are correct.
    >
    > If that so, since it's a federal ruling, your Doctor Who books are
    > indeed illegal.
    >
    > Vigin Books never sold the publishng rights to a U.S. publisher. They
    > distributed their own product in the U.S. theirselves.
    >
    > The MPAA shills claim that is illegal since by doing so, you are
    > guilty of stealing money from an American publisher who might buy the
    > American rights to publish Virgin Doctor Who books sometie in the
    > fututre.
    >
    > The same goes for the current BBC Doctor Who books being sold in the
    > U.S.
    >
    > Since the BBC is distributing their own product in the U.S.
    > theirselves, according to the MPAA shills, you are guilty of stealing
    > money from an American publisher who might sometime in the future
    > decide to buy American
    > pblishing rights for Doctor Who books.
    >
    > According to the MPAA shills, federal U.S. judges have already
    > convicted people for doing so since it is a
    > violation of copyright law. (according to the mpaa shills)
    >
    > Buying directly from the copyright owner when the copyright owner has
    > not sold publishing rights to a company
    > in your country is illegal according to the mpaa shills, since it is
    > stealing money from whatever company in yor
    > country might sometime in the future decide to buy the publishing
    > rights for your company.
    >
    > I learned in school that it is completely legal for Americans to buy a
    > product from anywhere in the world as long as it is published by the
    > legitimate copyright holder at the time you buy it.
    > And can then sell it to anyone in the U.S. whenever you decide to sell
    > it.
    >
    > However, the MPAA shills claim the opposite and even said ffedeal U.S.
    > judges havve ruled te opposite and have convicted people who bought
    > from a legitimate copyrght holder at the time they bought it and then
    > sold it used later.
    > published by the current copyright holder no matter where in the world
    > the legitimate copyright holder is.
    >
    > I will no longer support any MPAA products, if I can help it.
    >
    > However the problem with that is the MPAA shills in the dvd newsgroups
    > have already claimed that that is
    > illegal also.
    >
    >  the MPAA shills in the newsgroup specifically claimed that it is
    > against the law if you (Americans) don't buy
    > any MPAA dvds when the MPAA puts them ot for sale in the stores and
    > you decide to go without having
    > the dvd title at all.
    >
    > yes, the MPAA shills claimed that going without having any MPAA dvd
    > titles at all is a federal crime since by doing so, you are stealing
    > profits from them that they would have otherwise made if you had
    > bought the MPAA dvd titles istead of deciding to not have any dvds of
    > those titles at all!!!!!!!!!


    If you want a real Doctor Who book get The Doctor Who Cures Cancer. ;-)
     
    , Jan 18, 2009
    #6
  7. radioguy

    Kent Wills Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 20:31:15 -0500, richard <>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 13:32:16 -0600, "GeekBoy"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Uh, moron, MPAA has to do with FILM, not printed material.

    >
    >
    >
    >Uh, moron, Dr. Who has been published on DVD's and this is what the
    >basic argument is about.
    >
    >I don't see where the MPAA can get involved since the series was
    >produced by the BBC in the UK.


    I think the OP was using Doctor Who as a means to point out
    possible hypocrisy by the MPAA.

    --
    "4126? I'm in the year 4126."
    Donna in Doctor Who
     
    Kent Wills, Jan 18, 2009
    #7
  8. radioguy

    GeekBoy Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 13:32:16 -0600, "GeekBoy"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Uh, moron, MPAA has to do with FILM, not printed material.

    >
    >
    >
    > Uh, moron, Dr. Who has been published on DVD's and this is what the
    > basic argument is about.


    Guess you can't read either.

    "Americans, your Doctor Who *********books********* are illegal"
    >
    > I don't see where the MPAA can get involved since the series was
    > produced by the BBC in the UK.
     
    GeekBoy, Jan 18, 2009
    #8
  9. radioguy

    radioguy Guest

    On Jan 17, 8:31 pm, richard <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 13:32:16 -0600, "GeekBoy"
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >Uh, moron, MPAA has to do with FILM, not printed material.

    >
    > Uh, moron, Dr. Who has been published on DVD's and this is what the
    > basic argument is about.
    >
    > I don't see where the MPAA can get involved since the series was
    > produced by the BBC in the UK.


    Actually, I think they can with the dvds. The BBC sold Warner Brothers
    the rights to publish the Doctor Who dvds in the U.S.

    However, the Doctor Who books being sold in the U.S. are directly by
    the BBC theirselves.

    There's no American company listed as any publishers of the books.

    And there doesn't have to be.

    The BBC is the copyright owner of Doctor Who.

    On the other hand with the dvds, I have heard something about the
    original copyright owner needs to be present in the lawsuit to win, so
    you might
    be correct about the MPAA not being able to get involved with it.

    However, posters supporting the mpaa's position have said federal U.S.
    judges have already ruled in favor of the mpaa in such cases.

    However, I have never seen or heard any of those so-called cases
    mentioned anywhere else, not on the tv news, not on the radio news,
    not in the
    newspapers, etcetera.
     
    radioguy, Jan 18, 2009
    #9
  10. radioguy

    radioguy Guest

    On Jan 17, 8:50 pm, Kent Wills <> wrote:
    >     I think the OP was using Doctor Who as a means to point out
    > possible hypocrisy by the MPAA.
    >


    Yes. That is exactly what I was doing. Our friends in the U.K. know
    the hypocrisy of the mpaa even if their government doesn't. Or do they
    now?

    Our friends in Australia and New Zealand, including their governments
    know the hypocrisy of the mpaa and have made laws against region
    coding.

    The U.S. government seems to not yet have realized the hypocrisy of
    the MPAA.

    I'm not sure if Canada's government realized it yet or not.

    Maybe some of our friends from Canada can chip in on that one.
     
    radioguy, Jan 18, 2009
    #10
  11. radioguy

    radioguy Guest

    On Jan 17, 10:32 pm, (Gordon Burditt) wrote:
    > >>Uh, moron, MPAA has to do with FILM, not printed material.

    >
    > The MPAA can still shoot its mouth off on any subject whatsoever.
    > Especially copyright.
    >
    >
    >
    > >Uh, moron, Dr. Who has been published on DVD's and this is what the
    > >basic argument is about.

    >
    > The OP said this was about *books*, not DVDs.  Although I'm not
    > sure there's much of a legal distinction either way.
    >
    > >I don't see where the MPAA can get involved since the series was
    > >produced by the BBC in the UK.

    >
    > According to the OP, the copies were purchased from the copyright
    > holder (the BBC).  So why aren't they legal?  I'm wondering if there
    > are some quirks in the law here.  Would it have mattered if the BBC
    > was an *American* distributor?  Would it have mattered if the BBC
    > had sold the American distribution rights to *itself*?  Or is the
    > MPAA just blowing smoke here?
    >
    > I'll go out on a limb here and make an outrageous claim as bad as
    > the OP's:
    >
    > There is *no* legal downloaded music.  None.  And it's likely there
    > never will be.  And it's worse than that:  there may be no legal music.


    I'll have to disagree here. There are musicians who make their own
    music without signing any contract with the RIAA,BMI.ASCAP, or anyone
    else, and
    then make their music available for free download.

    Some charge for the downloads.

    So I would say it's legal.

    However, all yor points are good as I have read that the RIAA was
    either trying to get some law passed or did get some law passed
    requiring all
    music played and downloaded on and from the internet to go through the
    RIAA and all royaslties from it to go to the RIAA even if the
    musicians never signed a contract with the RIAA and did not want to
    sign any contract with the RIAA.

    You're correct. It's not just the MPAA. It's the RIAA also/




    >
    > Why?  Because you have no way of getting a receipt for it acceptable
    > to the RIAA.  (Yes, this applies to other countries, too, although
    > the RIAA hasn't quite got its army up to full strength for conducting
    > invasions of other countries yet.)
    >
    > The reasons for this include (a) the RIAA doesn't want to consider
    > *any* receipt acceptable, and it might crumble to dust like a vampire
    > exposed to sunlight if you showed it one, (b) you can't tie a
    > particular copy of downloaded music to a particular receipt, (c)
    > Congress is intent on passing banking laws like EFT conversion so
    > you can't get a valid receipt for *anything* you buy, and (d) the
    > RIAA considers it impossible that you could legally have downloaded
    > music without paying for it (ever hear of marketing promotions,
    > RIAA?  Find the right bottle cap and you could download a song
    > free.  I remember hearing a lot of ads like that.).
     
    radioguy, Jan 18, 2009
    #11
  12. radioguy

    radioguy Guest

    On Jan 17, 2:32 pm, "GeekBoy" <> wrote:
    > Uh, moron, MPAA has to do with FILM, not printed material.


    Okay, try this one on for size:

    The MPAA shills are basically saying that because I bought the Doctor
    Who videos from Fox here in the U.S. back in the 1980's, that I am
    guilty of having illegal contraband and guilty of stealing money from
    Warner Brothers since tweny five years after I bought them from Fox,
    Warner Brothers decided to buy the rights to distribute the Doctor Who
    videos in the U.S.

    After all, Warner Brothers isn't making any profit from the Doctor Who
    videos that I bought frfom Fox which they would have made otherwise if
    I had
    never bought the Doctor Who programs from Fox twenty five years before
    Warner Brothers decided to buy the U.S. rights.

    It's MPAA hypocrisy at it's worst.

    Or is that MPAA hypocrisy at it's best?

    Because the MPAA hypocrisy can get even worse than that.
     
    radioguy, Jan 18, 2009
    #12
  13. radioguy

    radioguy Guest

    On Jan 17, 2:32 pm, "GeekBoy" <> wrote:
    > Uh, moron, MPAA has to do with FILM, not printed material.
    >

    Okay. here's how bad the MPAA hypocrisy gets. So far.

    The MPAA shills have already said that not buying MPAA products when
    the MPAA puts them out for sale in the stores and going completely
    withot them is illegal and stealing money from them since they're not
    making any profits from them that they wold have otherwise made if you
    had bought the
    product instead of going completely without it.

    So if we go by what the MPAA shills have said, then

    Not buying the Doctor Who programs when Fox put them out is stealing
    money from Fox and you are guilty of illegal theft.

    But buying them from Fox whenFox put them out is stealing money from
    Warner Brothers and you are guilty of theft, since Warner Brothers
    decided
    to buy the American rights twenty five years after you bought the
    programs from Fox.

    You can see how this also applies to buying straight from the BBC when
    they are the only distributors, and an MPAA company buys the American
    rights twenty five years later.

    Such as if the BBC had sold the Doctor Who dvds as all region discs
    and then twenty five years later, some American MPAA company buys
    the American rights to them and puts them out as region 1 coded dvds.

    Then they claim you stole money from them by buying it directly from
    the foreign original copyright owner twenty five years later.

    And yes, there are such usenet posts claiming such.

    They just haven't claimed it with Doctor Who yet, as far as I know.

    Maybe that's why the people looking couldn't find any posts saying
    such.

    Try searchng for dvds and region coding without mentioning Doctor Who
    in the search.

    I'm sure you will come across plenty of posts claiming that such is
    illegal.

    As I said in my first post in this thread, I disagree with the MPAA
    position and I think it is legal to buy directly from the foreign
    copyright owner
    when teh foreign copyright owner is the only copyright owner of it in
    the whole world at the time you buy it.

    Although the MPAA shills disagree. You will find plenty of their
    posts.

    I think it's legal, because after all, you never know what the future
    holds.

    hmmm... I thought the word shill is in the dictionary. Although I
    might be wrong about that. I have seen so many people on usenet use it
    that I did
    not realize it might be slang of some sort.
     
    radioguy, Jan 18, 2009
    #13
  14. On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 08:11:00 -0800 (PST), radioguy
    <> wrote:

    >Your Doctor Who books are illegal



    Grow the **** up, asswipe!

    If you are not being paid by them to announce this, then it is PETTY
    horseshit. So take your petty ass, and your petty horseshit somewhere
    else!
     
    StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, Jan 18, 2009
    #14
  15. radioguy

    radioguy Guest

    On Jan 17, 11:37 pm, StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt
    <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 08:11:00 -0800 (PST), radioguy
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >Your Doctor Who books are illegal

    >
    >   Grow the **** up, asswipe!
    >
    >   If you are not being paid by them to announce this, then it is PETTY
    > horseshit.  So take your petty ass, and your petty horseshit somewhere
    > else!


    No it isn't petty. It has very serious legal implications.

    After all, the mpaa has already threatened to have the FBI arrest
    anyone caught doing it (what they claim is illegal). The threat is on
    every mpaa
    dvd I have seen so far.

    And the posts in the newsgroups that are on the mpaa's side claim that
    it's illegal to buy from the original copyright owner when that
    copyright owner
    is in a foreign country when it's the only copyright owner in the
    whole world at the time you buy it because buying it is theft and
    stealing money
    from a mpaa company who MIGHT decide to buy the domestic rights twenty
    five years in the future.

    And also claims that that is possessing pirated merchandise and
    illegal contraband, even though you bought it from the ONLY
    legitimate
    copyright owner in the whole world at the time you boughtt.

    That has very serious legal implications indeed.

    Especially since the same posts on the mpaa's side claim that it's
    illegal to not ever buy a copy from the copyright owner whenever the
    copyrght
    owner puts a title out for sale.

    Very Very Very serious legal implications indeed.

    Why don't you tell all the lawyers to grow up?
     
    radioguy, Jan 19, 2009
    #15
  16. radioguy

    Guest

    , Jan 19, 2009
    #16
  17. radioguy

    US 71 Guest

    "radioguy" <> wrote

    Why don't you tell all the lawyers to grow up?



    They can't make any $$ that way ;)
     
    US 71, Jan 19, 2009
    #17
  18. On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 19:35:53 -0800 (PST), radioguy
    <> wrote:

    >
    >Why don't you...


    Cry us a river. Doctor Who has come fool circle, and he passed you by on
    that round too.

    You are like the dog that gets fooled when the master fakes the throw.

    The Cycles Of Time will likely circle around on you again...
     
    StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, Jan 20, 2009
    #18
  19. On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 09:28:26 -0600, "US 71" <> wrote:

    >
    >"radioguy" <> wrote
    >
    >Why don't you tell all the lawyers to grow up?
    >
    >
    >
    >They can't make any $$ that way ;)
    >


    You mean like when one of the retards charges $15 to fax you something?
     
    UltimatePatriot, Jan 20, 2009
    #19
  20. radioguy

    US 71 Guest

    "UltimatePatriot" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 09:28:26 -0600, "US 71" <> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>"radioguy" <> wrote
    >>
    >>Why don't you tell all the lawyers to grow up?
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>They can't make any $$ that way ;)
    >>

    >
    > You mean like when one of the retards charges $15 to fax you something?


    Yes.

    I had a cyberstalker and knew exactly who it was. Lawyer wanted $600 to send
    them a "cease & desist" letter.
     
    US 71, Jan 20, 2009
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. VIBE MUSIC
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    524
    VIBE MUSIC
    Aug 19, 2003
  2. Consultant
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    429
    Consultant
    Aug 19, 2003
  3. =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=

    Re: Rock Star Network Guru takes Indian Americans to New Heights Oy!

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Aug 19, 2003, in forum: MCSE
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    424
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=
    Aug 19, 2003
  4. Portulaca Enteritidis

    Re: quality americans...

    Portulaca Enteritidis, Oct 6, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    380
    Portulaca Enteritidis
    Oct 6, 2004
  5. radioguy
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    641
    The Doctor
    Jan 18, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page