    pronunciation system AKA "British English"....join the 21st century
    and start to spell and pronounce English like we do here in the GREAT
    OLD USA! AMERICAN POWER!
    Proud USA Babe, Sep 22, 2003

  2. Proud USA Babe

    Jimmy Guest

    I am an American, can you spell CRAP? This is exactly what you are spreading.

    Jimmy, Sep 22, 2003

  3. Proud USA Babe

    mike II Guest

    Jimmy wrote:

    > I am an American, can you spell CRAP? This is exactly what you are spreading.

    Named after Thomas Crap..English inventer of the first flushable toilet
    words...

    mike
    mike II, Sep 22, 2003
  4. In article <b6vbb.42$>, mike II
    <> writes
    >Jimmy wrote:
    >
    >> I am an American, can you spell CRAP? This is exactly what you are

    >spreading.
    >

    >Named after Thomas Crap..English inventer of the first flushable toilet
    >words...

    A nice, if unfortunate and persistent, urban myth. Thomas Crapper's
    company was simply the most famous to emerge when water closets became
    popular in the 19th century. But your heart's in the right place, and
    this troller is patently talking complete and utter.

    --
    Dave OSOS#24 Remove my gerbil for email replies

    Yamaha XJ900S & Wessex sidecar, the sexy one
    Yamaha XJ900F & Watsonian Monaco, the comfortable one

    http://dswindell.members.beeb.net
    Dave Swindell, Sep 22, 2003
  5. Jimmy <> wrote in message
    > I am an American, can you spell CRAP? This is exactly what you are

    spreading.

    Wouldn't that be, "crape"?
    William Graham, Sep 22, 2003
  6. Proud USA Babe

    Mark Wallace Guest

    Re: DO NOT REPLY! TROLL ALERT!!!

    No, really?

    Gosh, I'd never have guessed that it was a troll.

    /sigh/

    Actually, we get statements like that in alt.usage.english all the time, but
    spoken with complete sincerity, so you should think yourselves lucky -- we
    don't just get trolls, we get idiots, too.

    --
    Mark Wallace
    For the intelligent approach to nasty humour, visit:
    Mark Wallace, Sep 22, 2003
  7. Proud USA Babe

    Mark Wallace Guest

    mike II wrote:
    > Jimmy wrote:
    >
    >> I am an American, can you spell CRAP? This is exactly what you are
    >> spreading.

    > Named after Thomas Crap..English inventer of the first flushable
    > toilet words...

    Thomas Crapper. Check your facts, or you'll be talking crap.

    Mark Wallace, Sep 22, 2003
  8. Proud USA Babe

    Mark Wallace Guest

    Dave Swindell wrote:
    > In article <b6vbb.42$>, mike II
    > <> writes
    >> Jimmy wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am an American, can you spell CRAP? This is exactly what you are
    >>> spreading.

    >> Named after Thomas Crap..English inventer of the first flushable
    >> toilet words...
    >>

    > A nice, if unfortunate and persistent, urban myth. Thomas Crapper's
    > company was simply the most famous to emerge when water closets became
    > popular in the 19th century.

    Yes, because he happened to design and build the first one.

    Go figure.

    Mark Wallace, Sep 22, 2003
  9. Proud USA Babe

    Phill Guest

    "William Graham" <> wrote in message

    > Jimmy <> wrote in message
    > > I am an American, can you spell CRAP? This is exactly what you are

    > spreading.
    >
    > Wouldn't that be, "crape"?

    I thought crapes were a sort of pancake eaten by our European friends.

    Most people I meet who speak English as a second lanuage speak it with an
    Amercain accent.
    Phill, Sep 22, 2003
  10. Proud USA Babe

    Lionel Guest

    Re: DO NOT REPLY! TROLL ALERT!!!

    Word has it that on Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:46:35 +0200, in this august
    forum, "Mark Wallace" <> said:

    >No, really?
    >
    >Gosh, I'd never have guessed that it was a troll.
    >
    >/sigh/
    >
    >Actually, we get statements like that in alt.usage.english all the time, but
    >spoken with complete sincerity, so you should think yourselves lucky -- we
    >don't just get trolls, we get idiots, too.

    If it makes you feel any better, we get plenty of idiots here as well as
    the trolls. That said, there are days when it's quite hard to tell the
    difference. (Knowing how to read headers helps a lot, though.)

    Lionel, Sep 22, 2003
  11. "Phill" <> wrote in message

    > "William Graham" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Jimmy <> wrote in message
    > > > I am an American, can you spell CRAP? This is exactly what you are

    > > spreading.
    > >
    > > Wouldn't that be, "crape"?
    > >

    > I thought crapes were a sort of pancake eaten by our European friends.
    >
    > Most people I meet who speak English as a second lanuage speak it with an
    > Amercain accent.

    Crepe, or in the case of the original poster, Creep.

    Could it be that you meet these 2nd language people with an Americain accent
    in North America?

    NL
    Neville Lindsay, Sep 22, 2003
  12. Proud USA Babe

    Lionel Guest

    Word has it that on 21 Sep 2003 21:21:26 -0700, in this august forum,
    (Proud USA Babe) said:

    >AMERICAN ENGLISH vs BRI[*SLAP!*]

    For those of you (eg; AOL users[0]) who haven't already figured this one
    out, this is the 'SexySusan' troll[1], who's just too stupid to go away
    & do his homework.
    Please don't encourage him.

    [0] No offence intended to the 57 AOL users with IQ's greater than 100.
    [1] Dumbest troll in all of Usenet.

    Lionel, Sep 22, 2003
  13. Proud USA Babe

    Tobasco Guest

    "Lionel" <> wrote in message
    > Word has it that on 21 Sep 2003 21:21:26 -0700, in this august forum,
    > (Proud USA Babe) said:
    >
    > >AMERICAN ENGLISH vs BRI[*SLAP!*]

    > For those of you (eg; AOL users[0]) who haven't already figured this one
    > out, this is the 'SexySusan' troll[1], who's just too stupid to go away
    > & do his homework.
    > Please don't encourage him.
    >
    > [0] No offence intended to the 57 AOL users with IQ's greater than 100.
    > [1] Dumbest troll in all of Usenet.

    Cuckoos - why are most of you in this newsgroup always posting off-topic?
    T.
    Tobasco, Sep 22, 2003
  14. Re: DO NOT REPLY! TROLL ALERT!!!

    Lionel wrote:

    > If it makes you feel any better, we get plenty of idiots here [...]

    Where is "here"?
    Q.G. de Bakker, Sep 22, 2003
  15. Proud USA Babe

    Lionel Guest

    Re: DO NOT REPLY! TROLL ALERT!!!

    Word has it that on Mon, 22 Sep 2003 11:11:00 +0200, in this august
    forum, "Q.G. de Bakker" <> said:

    >Lionel wrote:
    >
    >> If it makes you feel any better, we get plenty of idiots here [...]

    >Where is "here"?

    rec.photo.*, in this instance.

    Lionel, Sep 22, 2003
  16. In article <>,
    Proud USA Babe <> wrote:
    > I am not unaware of the history of the English language, but I do
    > strongly feel that the modern American dialect of the English language
    > is the most efficient.

    Ignorant troll ;-)

    --
    John Cartmell FAX +44 (0)8700-519-527
    Acorn Publisher magazine & FD Games www.acornpublisher.com
    John Cartmell, Sep 22, 2003
  17. Proud USA Babe

    Phill Guest

    > Could it be that you meet these 2nd language people with an Americain

    accent
    > in North America?
    >
    > NL

    I am English and I live in London, but most people I meet who have English
    as a second lanuage and learnt it outside of Europe speak Ameriacian
    English.
    English seems to be the most common second lanuage, so if my observations
    are accurate and given that there are more Americains than there are British
    and more people outside of Europe than within, ultimately Americain English
    will become dominant.
    Phill, Sep 22, 2003
  18. Proud USA Babe

    Tobasco Guest

    Re: DO NOT REPLY! TROLL ALERT!!!

    "Lionel" <> wrote in message
    > Word has it that on Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:46:35 +0200, in this august
    > forum, "Mark Wallace" <> said:
    >
    > >No, really?
    > >
    > >Gosh, I'd never have guessed that it was a troll.
    > >
    > >/sigh/
    > >
    > >Actually, we get statements like that in alt.usage.english all the time,

    but
    > >spoken with complete sincerity, so you should think yourselves lucky --

    we
    > >don't just get trolls, we get idiots, too.

    > If it makes you feel any better, we get plenty of idiots here as well as
    > the trolls. That said, there are days when it's quite hard to tell the
    > difference. (Knowing how to read headers helps a lot, though.)

    Gentlemen, gentlemen - why make such mistake? We get trolls, idiots as well
    as Wallace. And if that's not enough, the latter combines these three
    qualities to one. Knowing how to read his signature helps a lot, though
    T.
    Tobasco, Sep 22, 2003
  19. Proud USA Babe

    a.spencer3 Guest

    Phill <> wrote in message

    > > Could it be that you meet these 2nd language people with an Americain

    > accent
    > > in North America?
    > >
    > > NL

    > I am English and I live in London, but most people I meet who have English
    > as a second lanuage and learnt it outside of Europe speak Ameriacian
    > English.
    > English seems to be the most common second lanuage, so if my observations
    > are accurate and given that there are more Americains than there are

    British
    > and more people outside of Europe than within, ultimately Americain

    English
    > will become dominant.

    It's probably simply because most learn much English from US TV
    program(me)s.

    Surreyman
    a.spencer3, Sep 22, 2003
  20. Proud USA Babe

    Mark Wallace Guest

    Re: DO NOT REPLY! TROLL ALERT!!!

    Tobasco wrote:
    > "Lionel" <> wrote in message
    >> Word has it that on Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:46:35 +0200, in this august
    >> forum, "Mark Wallace" <> said:
    >>
    >>> No, really?
    >>>
    >>> Gosh, I'd never have guessed that it was a troll.
    >>>
    >>> /sigh/
    >>>
    >>> Actually, we get statements like that in alt.usage.english all the
    >>> time, but spoken with complete sincerity, so you should think
    >>> yourselves lucky -- we don't just get trolls, we get idiots, too.

    >> If it makes you feel any better, we get plenty of idiots here as
    >> well as the trolls. That said, there are days when it's quite hard
    >> to tell the difference. (Knowing how to read headers helps a lot,
    >> though.)
    >>
    >> --
    >> . | ,. w , "Some people are alive only because
    >> \|/ \|/ it is illegal to kill them." Perna condita delenda
    >> est
    >> ---^----^---------------------------------------------------------------

    > Gentlemen, gentlemen - why make such mistake? We get trolls, idiots
    > as well as Wallace. And if that's not enough, the latter combines
    > these three qualities to one. Knowing how to read his signature helps
    > a lot, though

    And there you go.
    The Number One idiot of news:alt.english.usage has shown up.

    This guy, believe it or not, is a Dutchman who lives in Hong Kong, speaks
    terrible English (as you can see, above) and no Chinese (despite the fact
    that he's lived there for years), and tries to pass himself off as an
    English teacher and the owner of a chain of English language schools (that
    don't exist, obviously).

    Have any of your groups got an idiot to match that? I doubt it.

    What do we win?

    Mark Wallace, Sep 22, 2003