Amelie and Saving Private Ryan question...

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Hona, Dec 14, 2003.

  1. Hona

    Hona Guest

    <<< SPOILERS >>>

    Near the end of Saving Private Ryan, Corporal Upham is translating a
    French song for some fellow soldiers (Edith Pilaf?!?) In Amelie, there
    was a subway/train station scene with a blind-man holding a phonograph.
    The playing song sounds like it is sung by the same woman...

    I can't speak French, could someone tell me if the same song is playing
    in both movies?!? Or maybe just the same performer, 2 different songs?

    Hona, Dec 14, 2003

  2. Hona

    Cheg Guest

    Could it be "C'était une histoire d'amour" by Edith Piaf?

    That's the song in SPR, as for Amelie, I'm not sure. You can google that
    title with the word 'translation' and probly find some results...

    Alex

    cheg_uevara"AT"hotmail"DOT"com

    King of Ellipsisville...

    Cheg, Dec 15, 2003