    run to 266. The AMD website suggests this processor does exist but i can't
    find anywhere in the UK selling them!

    Thanks for any help
    Costanza, Jun 24, 2003

  2. Costanza

    pel Guest

    Hi! yes ive got one! you can buy one from www.scan.co.uk pel.

    pel, Jun 24, 2003

  3. Costanza

    Shep© Guest

    On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:05:03 +0000 (UTC), Whilst playing Smegball with
    the scutters "Costanza" <> wrote :

    >Hello
    >
    >I am in the UK and looking to get my hands on this processor: AMD XP2600+
    >(266MHz FSB) (Model 8).
    >
    >I can only seem to find them running at 333MHz but my motherboard can only
    >run to 266. The AMD website suggests this processor does exist but i can't
    >find anywhere in the UK selling them!
    >
    >Thanks for any help

    They do seem hard to find.Is it really worth stressing over it as the
    diff between a 2600 @ 166/333 and a 2400 @ 133/266may not be worth the
    concern and you can most likely O/C the 2400 to a 2600 if you want?
    http://www.cclcomputers.co.uk/pricenav/retailframe.htm

    My 10 penn'th.

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,
    Shep©, Jun 24, 2003
  4. Costanza

    Ski Guest

    >On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:05:03 +0000 (UTC), Whilst playing Smegball with
    >the scutters "Costanza" <> wrote :
    >
    >>Hello
    >>
    >>I am in the UK and looking to get my hands on this processor: AMD XP2600+
    >>(266MHz FSB) (Model 8).
    >>
    >>I can only seem to find them running at 333MHz but my motherboard can only
    >>run to 266. The AMD website suggests this processor does exist but i can't
    >>find anywhere in the UK selling them!
    >>
    >>Thanks for any help
    >>

    >They do seem hard to find.Is it really worth stressing over it as the
    >diff between a 2600 @ 166/333 and a 2400 @ 133/266may not be worth the
    >concern and you can most likely O/C the 2400 to a 2600 if you want?
    >http://www.cclcomputers.co.uk/pricenav/retailframe.htm
    >
    >My 10 penn'th.

    well beyond...mine 2400 runs stable at 2.3G/153mhz FSB.
    Proper cooling is needed, I use the thermalright SLK-800
    and a thermaltake smartfan 2 adjustable.

    Ski
    Ski, Jun 24, 2003
  5. Costanza

    Shep© Guest

    On 24 Jun 2003 21:20:12 GMT, Whilst playing Smegball with the scutters
    pleen (Ski) wrote :

    >>On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:05:03 +0000 (UTC), Whilst playing Smegball with
    >>the scutters "Costanza" <> wrote :
    >>
    >>>Hello
    >>>
    >>>I am in the UK and looking to get my hands on this processor: AMD XP2600+
    >>>(266MHz FSB) (Model 8).
    >>>
    >>>I can only seem to find them running at 333MHz but my motherboard can only
    >>>run to 266. The AMD website suggests this processor does exist but i can't
    >>>find anywhere in the UK selling them!
    >>>
    >>>Thanks for any help
    >>>

    >>They do seem hard to find.Is it really worth stressing over it as the
    >>diff between a 2600 @ 166/333 and a 2400 @ 133/266may not be worth the
    >>concern and you can most likely O/C the 2400 to a 2600 if you want?
    >>http://www.cclcomputers.co.uk/pricenav/retailframe.htm
    >>
    >>My 10 penn'th.
    >>

    >well beyond...mine 2400 runs stable at 2.3G/153mhz FSB.
    >Proper cooling is needed, I use the thermalright SLK-800
    >and a thermaltake smartfan 2 adjustable.
    >
    >Ski

    Nice one :O)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,