    set higher processor speed and how do I change it.
    Thought I was fairly experienced with ECS and the BIOS
    but this one is different than nay other I have worked.

    stumpy, Mar 6, 2004

  2. stumpy

    ICee Guest

    stumpy wrote:
    > MB ECS K7VTA V6
    > AMD Barton 2600
    >
    > Just completed building this unit - all OK except I cannot
    > figure out how to increase my processing speed.
    > Currently running 1150mz.
    > What is the section of the BIOS that I go to in order to
    > set higher processor speed and how do I change it.
    > Thought I was fairly experienced with ECS and the BIOS
    > but this one is different than nay other I have worked.

    If you are referring to the ECS K7VTA3 V6.0, check page nine of the
    manual. You have to set jumpers for the proper FSB, which is 166 MHz
    for the 2600.
    JP2 and JP3 must be jumpered to pins 2 and 3.

    ICee, Mar 6, 2004

  3. stumpy

    stumpy Guest

    ICee: Damn, Damn!! You are gooood!

    Thank you for your prompt and courteous response.
    What is it they say about RTFM!
    Thank you again.

    stumpy, Mar 6, 2004
  4. stumpy

    ICee Guest

    stumpy wrote:
    > ICee: Damn, Damn!! You are gooood!
    >
    > Thank you for your prompt and courteous response.
    > What is it they say about RTFM!
    > Thank you again.

    You're welcome. :)

    ICee, Mar 6, 2004
  5. stumpy

    ^^artnada^^ Guest

    ICee wrote:
    || stumpy wrote:
    ||| ICee: Damn, Damn!! You are gooood!
    ||| Thank you for your prompt and courteous response.
    ||| What is it they say about RTFM!
    ||| Thank you again.
    || You're welcome. :)

    ....and next time RTFM ;)