    1. Advertising

  2. GraB

    akiwi Guest

    akiwi, Jul 5, 2005

  3. GraB

    thing Guest

    akiwi wrote:
    > On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:48:35 +1200, GraB <> wrote:
    >

    >>http://www.techworld.com/applications/news/index.cfm?NewsID=3966
    >>

    > You wouldn't think Intel would need to resort to illegal
    > anti-competetive activities. If it's true, I wonder if Intel
    > executives will face criminal charges.
    >
    > akiwi

    I do hope so.....

    Billions of Dollars are at stake....some people will do anything for
    thousands let alone Billions.

    Given the tactics I have seen and the losses AMD have suffered I expect
    a huge payout that should be proved.....

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Jul 5, 2005
  4. GraB

    Nova Guest

    akiwi wrote:
    > On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:48:35 +1200, GraB <> wrote:
    >

    >>http://www.techworld.com/applications/news/index.cfm?NewsID=3966
    >>

    > You wouldn't think Intel would need to resort to illegal
    > anti-competetive activities. If it's true, I wonder if Intel
    > executives will face criminal charges.
    >
    > akiwi

    I think considering all of this, it just shows how well AMD have done to
    bring out the fastest single core CPU's and now they also have the
    superior dual core CPU's.

    Nova, Jul 5, 2005
  5. Hi there,

    akiwi wrote:
    > On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:48:35 +1200, GraB <> wrote:
    >
    >>http://www.techworld.com/applications/news/index.cfm?NewsID=3966

    > You wouldn't think Intel would need to resort to illegal
    > anti-competetive activities. If it's true, I wonder if Intel
    > executives will face criminal charges.

    To me Intels actions are a simple indication that they can no
    longer rely on producing the best CPU's to retain their total
    market dominance. Rather than produce a new cost-effective,
    high performance CPU that will outdo AMD's offerings based on
    the merits of its performance and cheap cost, they resort to
    underhanded dirty practice to retain market share.

    They're just the same as Microsoft, who are resorting to the
    software patent agenda and other anti-competitive practice to
    retain their market dominance, now that they cannot produce an
    OS that dominates based on the merits of its performance and
    other metrics alone...

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

    Chris Wilkinson, Jul 5, 2005
  6. GraB

    AD. Guest

    On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 08:59:25 +1000, Chris Wilkinson wrote:

    >> You wouldn't think Intel would need to resort to illegal
    >> anti-competetive activities. If it's true, I wonder if Intel executives
    >> will face criminal charges.

    > To me Intels actions are a simple indication that they can no longer rely
    > on producing the best CPU's to retain their total market dominance. Rather
    > than produce a new cost-effective, high performance CPU that will outdo
    > AMD's offerings based on the merits of its performance and cheap cost,
    > they resort to underhanded dirty practice to retain market share.

    Heh, they were doing that stuff even when they did have the best CPUs ;)

    --
    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Jul 6, 2005
  7. In article <42cadba2$>, thing <> wrote:

    >Given the tactics I have seen and the losses AMD have suffered I expect
    >a huge payout that should be proved....

    Or it could go the way of the US cases against Microsoft...

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 16, 2005