    IE. If I transported a 64 virtual machine from AMD to Intel host, would any
    changes be required?

    thnx

    Slarty Bardfast, Jan 22, 2008

  2. The emulated hardware does not change when you transport a virtual machine.
    However since the host cpu is virtualized that would change. I have not had
    to do anything when moving vm's between my AMD64 x2, Core Duo, and Core 2
    Quad computers. You may have to reselect the host network adaptor but that
    does not involve any drivers in the guest.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 22, 2008

  3. The VMs shouldn't be affected, though as Colin points out, you're likely to
    have to do some minor jiggling of network adapters. Internally, the guest
    shouldn't see any change - since it's seeing a virtualized world in both
    cases. And 64bit versions of Windows are the exact same binary for Intel and
    AMD x64 processors.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64