    EM64T support, Intel Pentium 4 with Intel EM64T support"

    but it don't mention the amd Sempron.

    is AMD Sempron supported in Windows XP x64 edition?
    =?Utf-8?B?QmVybmFyZG8=?=, Nov 11, 2005

  2. Bernardo:
    WinxP x64 works on the Sempron 64 bit version.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 11, 2005

  3. I know that they recently a few months ago introduced a 64 bit version of
    the Sempron processor to compete with Intels offering. Do you currently own
    Windows XP x64? Try booting off the CD and see if it goes into setup.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 11, 2005
  4. It will depend on which model of Sempron 3000+ you have. One is a SocketA
    chip, and is 32-bit only. Others are 754 pin socket chips, and are 64 bit
    capable. If the chip says it's "Sempron 64", then it supports x64 Edition.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 11, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QmVybmFyZG8=?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    Just for the record, the 64 bit Sempron was not introduced to "compete with
    Intel's Offering". The Sempron was introduced prior, and is not comparable
    with a Celeron. The Sempron is a much more powerful chip than the Celeron,
    in either the 32 bit or 64 bit variety.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Nov 11, 2005
  6. Price wise its competing with the Celeron.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 11, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?QmVybmFyZG8=?=

    Roy Coorne Guest

    Charlie Russel - MVP schrieb:
    > It will depend on which model of Sempron 3000+ you have. One is a SocketA
    > chip, and is 32-bit only. Others are 754 pin socket chips, and are 64 bit
    > capable. If the chip says it's "Sempron 64", then it supports x64 Edition.

    OP may apply CPU-Z available free at www.cpuid.com and look at
    Instructions:
    If there is 'x86-64' then his Sempron is a 64 model and supports
    Windows XP x64.

    Roy
    Roy Coorne, Nov 12, 2005
  8. Thanks for that tip Roy.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 12, 2005