    Additionally, the infrastructure is ready to support this progression. The recent release of the Windows XP x64 Edition operating system from Microsoft is one proof point that the market is now ready to extend 64-bit capabilities into the desktop value segment with AMD Sempron processors. AMD continues to work towards meeting the needs of budget-conscious customers as well as providing them with affordable performance, compatibility, security, and, with the addition of 64-bit computing, a flexible foundation to meet future requirements.
    For more information, please see http://www.amd.com/sempron
    PRICING: The 64-bit AMD Sempron processors 2600+, 2800+, 3000+, 3100+, and 3300+ will be priced at US $74, $83, $98, $113, and $140 respectively
    Silverstrand, Jul 9, 2005

  2. Silverstrand

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    finally. I think the whole computer world is moving to 64bit. I hope the driver will catch up soon.
    PUTALE, Jul 9, 2005

  3. Silverstrand

    zachig

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    113
    Yep, but still, if I was planning to buy a new CPU, I probably wouldn't buy a Sempron, I would definitely go for a Winchester or Venice.
    zachig, Jul 10, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    well, sempron is for budget system I guess. Although given to the fact that the 3000+ amd64, 939 are selling a little bit above 100, I think it's the best budget cpu around.
    PUTALE, Jul 10, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    or a Skt754 64?
    "Here comes the boom ready or not!"
    If a sempron 64 is skt 939 then its cheaper (don't forget mobo!!!!)
    unholy, Jul 11, 2005
  6. Silverstrand

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    hehehe, well, sempron so far is only socket 754. It's kinda strange with sempron slling around 100ish while amd64, socket 754 is selling still around 200.
    PUTALE, Jul 12, 2005
  7. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    its cause of the price in production, and design! :|
    unholy, Jul 13, 2005
  8. Silverstrand

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    the only diff between the 3200 and sempron is the extra cache (well maybe the clockspeed). In fact, I think the sempron also has see3 and newer productino.
    PUTALE, Jul 13, 2005
  9. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Vince/ Sandiago, has SSE3, and other CPU Processor Instructions :D
    unholy, Jul 14, 2005