    Is it suitable to run Windows 64bits Edition?

    Any help/comment will be appreciated, TIA,
    Gerardo
    =?Utf-8?B?R2VyYXJkbw==?=, Nov 14, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?R2VyYXJkbw==?=

    Rick Guest

    Yes, if the Sempron has the part number of SDA2500AIO3BX it is 64-bit
    enabled. The last two letters "BX" are the important characters.

    There is an older model, part number SDA2500DUT3D, that is not 64-bit
    enabled, so verify that the one you are getting is the newer version.

    You can look up the information on the AMD web site at:

    http://www.amdcompare.com/us-en/desktop/default.aspx

    Rick, Nov 14, 2005

  3. From Roy Coorne:
    Also try this, CPU-Z available free at www.cpuid.com and look at
    Instructions:
    If there is 'x86-64' then your model supports Windows XP x64.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 14, 2005
  4. Works Ok on an ASUS K8N mobo with sempron 2800+ 64-bit.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 14, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?R2VyYXJkbw==?=

    Chris Guest

    Should work OK. I'm running Windows XP Pro X64 just fine on my Sempron
    2500+ 64 bit processor. The motherboard is an MSI K8MM-V microATX
    board. If you're buying a processor in a box, another thing you can look
    for is an AMD 64 sticker on the box.

    Chris, Nov 15, 2005