    the answer key, the correct answer is K7 processor. Can someone confirm
    which is correct.

    Thank you
    \a:\\\, Mar 6, 2004

  2. \a:\\\

    T.W. Dargis Guest

    "a:\" wrote:
    > On one of the practice tests I have, the question is Which processor fits in
    > a slot A board?
    >
    > A. Athlon
    > B. K7 processor
    >
    > I could swear I read somewhere the answer was A, Athlon, but according to
    > the answer key, the correct answer is K7 processor. Can someone confirm
    > which is correct.
    >
    > Thank you

    Dude,

    This is kind of a tricky one because Athlon could mean any of that
    family of processors which includes the 64s. In other words, Athlons can
    run on 462 pin, 754 pin, or 940 pin sockets depending on the type of
    Athlon it is. (Socket A is the 462 pin if you didn't already know).

    Check out the below link to AMD support:
    > http://139.95.253.214/SRVS/CGI-BIN/...000000000146045184,K=5197,Sxi=0,Solution=4273

    Cheers,
    Teddy
    T.W. Dargis, Mar 7, 2004