    another computer so if anyone has any suggestion I would most appreciate
    them.

    Richard

    Richard, Jan 8, 2009

  2. Richard

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 16:50:33 -0600, "Richard" <>
    wrote:

    >I built AMD computers for over a decade and then about a year ago I heard
    >they are crap so I built a E6550 Intel dual Processor and it turned out to
    >be crap. I always had good luck with AMD so I think I'm going to build
    >another computer so if anyone has any suggestion I would most appreciate
    >them.
    >
    >Richard

    Well dude, since I bought my first Amd and ran it side by side with
    PIII, you couldn't give me enough money to run an Intel ever again.

    My full tower has the AMD phenom quad core in it and it totally kicks
    butt.

    As a comparison, I have run "Liberty Basic" on an Intel. I would have
    to wait and watch a little screen as it complied dimensioned arrays.
    With an AMD, I don't see that window anymore.

    richard, Jan 8, 2009

  3. Richard

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 16:50:33 -0600, "Richard" <> wrote:

    >I built AMD computers for over a decade and then about a year ago I heard
    >they are crap so I built a E6550 Intel dual Processor and it turned out to
    >be crap. I always had good luck with AMD so I think I'm going to build
    >another computer so if anyone has any suggestion I would most appreciate
    >them.
    >
    >Richard

    AMD Phenom 9850 Black Edition. It's *great.* Be careful about what motherboard
    you get, though.

    --
    Goodbye, Army, dear old Army of the Potomac. Tattered and torn,
    you are crowned with the victor's laurels at last.
    -- Elisha Hunt Rhodes, Col. 2nd R. I., July 15, 1865

    Mara, Jan 9, 2009
  4. Richard

    catchme Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > I built AMD computers for over a decade and then about a year ago I
    > heard they are crap so I built a E6550 Intel dual Processor and it
    > turned out to be crap. I always had good luck with AMD so I think I'm
    > going to build another computer so if anyone has any suggestion I would
    > most appreciate them.
    >
    > Richard

    intel always uses the marketing gimmick that it is best simply because
    it has the fastest clock speed, consistently.
    Over time, however, AMD has focused on, and has recognition for,
    efficiency and reliability.
    Most off the shelf consumer pc's will have intel on them, because the
    company markets extensively to the "average" user, who the big chain
    stores likewise see as their target market.
    You will note, for instance, that an emachine sold through best buy/
    future shop, likely will NOT carry an AMD chip, as they (emachines)
    focus on building everything as bare-bones, cheap as possible.

    catchme, Jan 9, 2009
  5. Richard

    chuckcar Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in news:Yqv9l.2$:

    > I built AMD computers for over a decade and then about a year ago I
    > heard they are crap so I built a E6550 Intel dual Processor and it
    > turned out to be crap. I always had good luck with AMD so I think I'm
    > going to build another computer so if anyone has any suggestion I would
    > most appreciate them.

    Except for that period when Intel comes out with a new chip that AMD
    haven't copied yet don't worry about it. Intel chips are guaranteed not to
    have problems with software for PC clones however.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jan 9, 2009
  6. Richard

    Peeassha Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > "Richard" <> wrote in news:Yqv9l.2$:
    >
    >> I built AMD computers for over a decade and then about a year ago I
    >> heard they are crap so I built a E6550 Intel dual Processor and it
    >> turned out to be crap. I always had good luck with AMD so I think I'm
    >> going to build another computer so if anyone has any suggestion I would
    >> most appreciate them.
    >>

    > Except for that period when Intel comes out with a new chip that AMD
    > haven't copied yet don't worry about it. Intel chips are guaranteed not to
    > have problems with software for PC clones however.
    >
    > --
    > (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    AMD hasn't seemed to copy the part where the chip doesn't fry if the
    processor fan goes kaput.

    Peeassha, Jan 9, 2009
  7. Richard

    Leythos Guest

    In article <Yqv9l.2$>, says...
    > I built AMD computers for over a decade and then about a year ago I heard
    > they are crap so I built a E6550 Intel dual Processor and it turned out to
    > be crap. I always had good luck with AMD so I think I'm going to build
    > another computer so if anyone has any suggestion I would most appreciate
    > them.

    Intel Quad Core Xeon CPU, Intel, Asus, Tyan or SuperMicro motherboard,
    good memory with a 4-4-4-12 rating, good video card with 512MB RAM....

    With thousands of Intel CPU based computers under my belt, about 100 AMD
    computers, my experience has been that the AMD based computers require
    more work and have more heat problems than the Intel based ones.

    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"
    (remove 999 for proper email address)

    Leythos, Jan 9, 2009
  8. Richard

    t-bone Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    >I built AMD computers for over a decade and then about a year ago I heard
    >they are crap so I built a E6550 Intel dual Processor and it turned out to
    >be crap. I always had good luck with AMD so I think I'm going to build
    >another computer so if anyone has any suggestion I would most appreciate
    >them.
    >
    > Richard

    Firstly, I suggest you use your ten-years-plus computer building experience
    to inform that decision rather than disregard that experience because you
    'heard' AMD CPUs are crap!

    Secondly, I recommend googling any combination of cpu with review | problem
    | overheat | benchmark | reliability | comparison et al.

    Good luck

    t-bone, Jan 10, 2009