    Has anybody tried it?
    I don't want to trash my Vista rc2.
    Carlos
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 8, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Carlos:
    I'm running the AMD 4400x2, with Vista RC2 (5744) x64. I have 2
    processors listed under processors, driver date 6/21/06, version
    6.0.5744.16384, source Microsoft. I haven't tried installing the AMD driver
    since the available driver wouldn't install on beta 2.

    Dennis Pack, Nov 8, 2006

  3. Thanks, Dennis.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 8, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    jabloomf1230 Guest

    I've only tried it with XP x64 and it does work there. With Vista, the
    built-in AMD CPU driver with RC2 should be fine as long as you:

    1) Boot into your BIOS setup. Write down any settings that are not default.
    2) Turn your computer off, reset your CMOS (usually with a motherboard
    jumper and/or removing the CMOS battery.
    3) Swap the CPUs.
    4) Reboot into the BIOS setup. Update any settings that weren't default
    in step #1.
    5) Check to make sure your BIOS is recognizing the CPU correctly.
    6) Reboot into Vista. It should work fine.

    jabloomf1230, Nov 9, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    Should work fine without installing the AMD driver. If it were me, I would
    wait until they release one that specifically says it supports Vista before
    installing it.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Nov 9, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Theo Guest

    The driver in the Vista base is from AMD and is the current
    driver which supports single and dual core CPUs.

    Theo, Nov 9, 2006