    CD's? Or is this illegal?
    Thanks.
    ron
    Ronald Murray, Aug 11, 2006

  2. Ronald Murray

    pen Guest

    "Ronald Murray" <> wrote in message
    news:pCPCg.1711$365.1251@edtnps89...
    > Hello
    > I purchased a used custom built computer. It has an aerial on the back.
    > Can some one tell me what this is for?
    > It also came without an operating system.
    > This Dell that I'm using has WinXP
    > I have all the Dell CD's. Can I put WinXP on the new computer using the
    > Dell CD's? Or is this illegal?
    > Thanks.
    > ron

    The aerial is for wireless networking, No you can't put XP on more than
    one computer. You'll have to buy an operating system, or use Linux.
    pen, Aug 11, 2006

  3. Ronald Murray

    bmoag Guest

    You can try . . .
    bmoag, Aug 11, 2006
  4. Ronald Murray

    JTJersey Guest

    On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 23:49:41 +0000, Ronald Murray wrote:

    > Hello
    > I purchased a used custom built computer. It has an aerial on the back.
    > Can some one tell me what this is for? It also came without an operating
    > system. This Dell that I'm using has WinXP I have all the Dell CD's. Can
    > I put WinXP on the new computer using the Dell CD's? Or is this illegal?
    > Thanks.
    > ron

    If you have all the Dell CD's then one of them should have Windows XP on
    it. The others contain all the extraneous Dell included programs and the
    necessary hardware drivers you'll need after you reinstall Windows, if
    that's what you were thinking of doing. The antenna on the back is for a
    wireless connection.
    --
    Registered Linux User #267152
    JTJersey, Aug 12, 2006