AMD CPU

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by H.O.G, Aug 24, 2005.

  1. H.O.G

    H.O.G Guest

    On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:04:14 +1200, "David Messiah"
    <> spoke these fine words:

    >Hi,
    >Anyone know the e-mail address or phone number for AMD to RA a CPU?
    >I Have looked all over the net and the AMD website but can't find anything?
    >
    >Please help
    >Thanks
    >David

    You should go back to where you purchased it in the first instance.
    However, if you bought on price from PriceSpy, and the place you got
    it from has since gone under, you might be in luck. Whilst the
    majority of people could try the NZ Distributor, which is Legend
    Performance Tech.

    http://www.legendmemory.com/

    LEGEND New Zealand
    Unit 7, 62 Paul Matthews Road Albany
    Auckland New Zealand
    Ph. +64 9 415 3442
    Fax +64 9 415 3448
    Email:

    David Messiah, Aug 25, 2005

  3. On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:04:14 +1200, someone purporting to be David Messiah
    didst scrawl:

    > Hi,
    > Anyone know the e-mail address or phone number for AMD to RA a CPU?
    > I Have looked all over the net and the AMD website but can't find anything?

    You go through whoever you bought it from, not direct to AMD.
    --
    Matthew Poole
    "Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."

    Matthew Poole, Aug 25, 2005
  4. H.O.G

    Daniel Guest

    David Messiah wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Anyone know the e-mail address or phone number for AMD to RA a CPU?
    > I Have looked all over the net and the AMD website but can't find anything?
    >
    > Please help
    > Thanks
    > David

    If you got a retail version of the CPU then I think you can apply to AMD
    directly (even if you got it from a reseller).
    If it's an OEM version then you have to go back to the place where you
    purchased it from.

    Daniel, Aug 25, 2005
  5. H.O.G

    ~misfit~ Guest

    David Messiah wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Anyone know the e-mail address or phone number for AMD to RA a CPU?
    > I Have looked all over the net and the AMD website but can't find
    > anything?

    Maybe you should read this group more often, not just when you need
    something?

    Googling nz.comp for the words AMD and RA produced this from 6 days ago:

    ++++++++++++++++++++++
    LEGEND New Zealand
    Unit 7, 62 Paul Matthews Road Albany
    Auckland New Zealand
    Ph. +64 9 415 3442
    Fax +64 9 415 3448

    Ask for Jacob - he handled RA, and you'll find him really good to deal
    with.

    +++++++++++++++++++++++

    Apparently they're the NZ agents for AMD.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Aug 25, 2005
  6. Ok thanks, I'll give that a try.

    David

    David Messiah, Aug 25, 2005
  7. H.O.G

    Sam Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > David Messiah wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> Anyone know the e-mail address or phone number for AMD to RA a CPU?
    >> I Have looked all over the net and the AMD website but can't find
    >> anything?

    > Maybe you should read this group more often, not just when you need
    > something?

    And I thought that was what this group is for i.e. getting help!

    Some people may just not be as "tech savvy" as you and not know about
    Googling newsgroups.

    Bit of a rough way of responding when someone finally asks a relevant
    question after doing their own research. IMHO anyway.

    Sam, Aug 26, 2005
  8. H.O.G

    MarkH Guest

    "Sam" <> wrote in news::

    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> David Messiah wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> Anyone know the e-mail address or phone number for AMD to RA a CPU?
    >>> I Have looked all over the net and the AMD website but can't find
    >>> anything?

    >> Maybe you should read this group more often, not just when you need
    >> something?
    >>

    > And I thought that was what this group is for i.e. getting help!
    >
    > Some people may just not be as "tech savvy" as you and not know about
    > Googling newsgroups.
    >
    > Bit of a rough way of responding when someone finally asks a relevant
    > question after doing their own research. IMHO anyway.

    Hmmm, Misfit supplied the relevant information. He also explained how he
    got that information. That seems pretty bloody helpful to me.

    When someone provides a helpful answer I don't think that it is fair to
    criticize their attitude!

    BTW
    Misfit was simply explaining that the question had already been answered 6
    days ago. This is something important for newbies to be aware of, the
    regulars here will quickly get sick of people asking the same questions
    that were answered less than a week ago.

    I read Misfit's reply and it didn't seem a bit rough at all.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    See my pics at www.gigatech.co.nz (last updated 16-August-05)

    MarkH, Aug 26, 2005
  9. H.O.G

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Sam wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> David Messiah wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> Anyone know the e-mail address or phone number for AMD to RA a CPU?
    >>> I Have looked all over the net and the AMD website but can't find
    >>> anything?

    >> Maybe you should read this group more often, not just when you need
    >> something?
    >>

    > And I thought that was what this group is for i.e. getting help!

    Exactly what I did, supplied the answer within minutes of reading the post,
    and got thanked for it.

    > Some people may just not be as "tech savvy" as you and not know about
    > Googling newsgroups.

    Well, there's one that does now.

    > Bit of a rough way of responding when someone finally asks a relevant
    > question after doing their own research. IMHO anyway.

    Understood. I don't think it was rough but, hey, perception is everything.
    IMO it would have been rough if I *didn't* fire up Google groups and find
    the info for him, and just told him to Google the archives instead.

    Try spending the best part of a couple years answering questions in a
    hardware NG and "Google this group" becomes a standard answer after a while.
    This group isn't so bad but, in some others you get the same questions asked
    several times a month ad infinitum.

    Bottom line is he got the answer he needed. In spades.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Aug 26, 2005