    other programs open at the same time my PC (Athlon 2.2 / 512m Ram / WinXP
    Home) just goes haywire and seizes up - a re-boot is the only way out....

    Any suggestions as to what might be causing this ???

    Advid, Jun 29, 2003

  2. Advid

    JabberSmith Guest

    "Advid" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > .....I've noticed in Windows Task Manager / Performance - looking at the

    CPU
    > usage graph that whenever I open a certain program the CPU goes from

    idling
    > at 2 to 6 % right up to 100%....
    >
    > The Collins English dictionary always sends it sky high - sometimes if

    i've
    > other programs open at the same time my PC (Athlon 2.2 / 512m Ram / WinXP
    > Home) just goes haywire and seizes up - a re-boot is the only way out....
    >
    > Any suggestions as to what might be causing this ???

    Hmmm... crappy programming?

    JabberSmith, Jun 29, 2003

  3. Advid

    Advid Guest

    .....more info please......

    Advid, Jun 29, 2003
  4. Advid

    Shep© Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 11:16:55 -0500, Whilst playing Smegball with the
    scutters "JabberSmith" <> wrote :

    >"Advid" <> wrote in message
    >> .....I've noticed in Windows Task Manager / Performance - looking at the

    >CPU
    >> usage graph that whenever I open a certain program the CPU goes from

    >idling
    >> at 2 to 6 % right up to 100%....
    >>
    >> The Collins English dictionary always sends it sky high - sometimes if

    >i've
    >> other programs open at the same time my PC (Athlon 2.2 / 512m Ram / WinXP
    >> Home) just goes haywire and seizes up - a re-boot is the only way out....
    >>
    >> Any suggestions as to what might be causing this ???
    >>

    >Hmmm... crappy programming?

    Ditto:
    Or badly installed or out-of-date and may need patching :/

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,

    Shep©, Jun 29, 2003
  5. Advid

    Advid Guest

    .... yes but after it's opened and doing nothing the processor is still at
    100% ..... load another bit of software and 'ping' - my PC goes haywire and
    locks up...

    Advid, Jun 30, 2003