    what do you think folks?
    how can i solve problem?

    thanks...
    vangogh, Apr 6, 2006

  2. vangogh

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-04-06, vangogh <> wrote:
    > Hi buddies,
    >
    > Well i bought a refurbished amd athlon 2700+ 512 MB RAM sharp al 27
    > laptop.
    > this is its second day, but cooling fan is working wihtout stopping.
    > cpu temperature is around 35 centigrade. yesterday during 9 hours it
    > restarts itself twice...
    > and cpu is more slower than i expected...
    >
    > i am suspicious about motherboard.
    >
    > what do you think folks?
    > how can i solve problem?
    >
    > thanks...

    Take it back.

    The CPU temperature doesn't look 'wrong', but the sensor may not be
    accurate (or the sensor software may not be calibrated correctly). The
    continuously running fan may be normal for that machine. The restarting
    is not a good sign, though.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Apr 6, 2006

  3. vangogh

    vangogh Guest

    well i checked temperature with different sofwares i read around 35.
    good thing is temperature always constant.

    restarting is about updating?
    because i updated windows and it offered me restart windows.
    i cancelled and select restatrt later around 10 times, finally machine
    started itself..
    i dont know maybe that was the problem on it.

    but that coolig fan make me crazy...

    it is gonna work till infinity like that?
    vangogh, Apr 6, 2006
  4. vangogh

    LDR Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hi buddies,
    >
    > Well i bought a refurbished amd athlon 2700+ 512 MB RAM sharp al 27
    > laptop.
    > this is its second day, but cooling fan is working wihtout stopping.
    > cpu temperature is around 35 centigrade. yesterday during 9 hours it
    > restarts itself twice...
    > and cpu is more slower than i expected...
    >
    > snip

    I have approximately what you have and the same mystery about the fan:
    Mine works at a constant 3300rpm unless I turn on Qfan. But then the fan
    sensor reports it stopping, here and there, or very low speeds. I think
    it flaky but I have just enough confidence in it not to fly against it.
    So here's what I'm doing; I just let the fan run and when it breaks down
    I'll just replace it. Fans are cheaper than CPUs.
    LDR, Apr 6, 2006
  5. vangogh

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-04-06, vangogh <> wrote:
    > well i checked temperature with different sofwares i read around 35.
    > good thing is temperature always constant.
    >
    > restarting is about updating?
    > because i updated windows and it offered me restart windows.
    > i cancelled and select restatrt later around 10 times, finally machine
    > started itself..
    > i dont know maybe that was the problem on it.

    Quite possibly; Windows seems to need re-booting for almost every update
    or new program, and it isn't a good idea to delay the re-boot once you've
    changed anything, as the whole system can become unstable.

    Does the machine re-boot itself when you haven't just run Windows Update
    or installed a new program?

    > but that coolig fan make me crazy...
    >
    > it is gonna work till infinity like that?

    Some machines do have the fan(s) running all the time. This laptop does,
    even when not running on mains power, and so does my old 'tower' machine
    (when it works). When the machine gets hot, the fans are really load and
    throw out quite a draft. I've got used to it.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Apr 6, 2006
  6. vangogh

    vangogh Guest

    i made updates and i did not restarted but windows asked me around ten
    times whether i want to re-boot cpu.
    and i always delay. after ten times windows restart itself.

    in your opinion to play with fan using some programs is good idea?
    there are some programs to reduce fan rpm right...
    vangogh, Apr 6, 2006
  7. vangogh

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-04-06, vangogh <> wrote:
    > i made updates and i did not restarted but windows asked me around ten
    > times whether i want to re-boot cpu.
    > and i always delay. after ten times windows restart itself.

    You should have re-booted as soon as possible. Windows asked you ten
    times; clearly, Windows /needed/ to be re-booted after the update. It
    almost always does.

    > in your opinion to play with fan using some programs is good idea?
    > there are some programs to reduce fan rpm right...

    I wouldn't bother. You do not want to risk your processor or any other
    chips overheating.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Apr 6, 2006
  8. vangogh

    PC Guest

    "vangogh" <> wrote in message
    > Hi buddies,
    >
    > Well i bought a refurbished amd athlon 2700+ 512 MB RAM sharp al 27
    > laptop.
    > this is its second day, but cooling fan is working wihtout stopping.
    > cpu temperature is around 35 centigrade. yesterday during 9 hours it
    > restarts itself twice...
    > and cpu is more slower than i expected...
    >
    > i am suspicious about motherboard.
    >
    > what do you think folks?
    > how can i solve problem?
    >
    > thanks...

    Just to reiterate 'Whiskers' comment, it is 'not' a good idea to delay
    rebooting Windows after an update asks you to reboot.
    Why?
    Because subsequent updates may depend on what updates have been installed
    previously.
    Previous updates may not be detected correctly unless the machine is
    rebooted.

    As for your cooling fan running all the time all I can say is that the CPU
    may be a Desktop class CPU rather than a 'designed for Laptops' CPU. Desktop
    CPU's tend to run hotter and may only work ok in a Laptop with the cooling
    fan running all the time.
    It is quite common for Laptop makers to use Desktop CPU's for Laptops that
    are used as Desktop replacements where the empasis is on price and not on
    running on battery power.
    I may well be wrong but I don't think Athlons of that type were ever made in
    a Laptop friendly version.

    All I can suggest is to compare yours to others of the same model. Whiskers
    notes his laptop runs the fan all the time.
    You could exchange the Laptop for a 'quieter' one using a 'Laptop' CPU
    (Pentium M or AMD Turion 64) , but then you may have to pay a 'restocking'
    fee and a premium for the laptop classs CPU.

    "Slower than expected."
    Not unusual with a laptop where the emphasis is on power economy.
    Same CPU in a desktop will usually perform noticeably better.
    The amount of RAM you have can dramatically affect performance, 512MB is
    regarded as the minimum these days for an XP machine.

    Cheers
    Paul.
    PC, Apr 7, 2006