    wrote analyst Apjit Walia in a note to investors Wednesday. "We
    believe ATI is a rare-buy in the semiconductor space right now given
    the near-term tie-up dynamics."

    GraB, Jun 1, 2006

  2. GraB

    XPD Guest

    "GraB" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > http://tinyurl.com/n6p2m
    >
    > Advanced Micro Devices may be looking to buy graphics company ATI
    > Technologies, a move that would benefit the overall graphics industry,
    > according to RBC Capital Markets.
    >
    > "The synergies of this seem consistent with the recent announcements
    > by AMD to significantly increase capacity over the next few-years,"
    > wrote analyst Apjit Walia in a note to investors Wednesday. "We
    > believe ATI is a rare-buy in the semiconductor space right now given
    > the near-term tie-up dynamics."

    As one of my fav sites put it....

    "AMD to Buy ATI? - First of all, this is just analyst speculation. Secondly,
    when are analyst ever right? Having said that, it is always fun to
    speculate.and hey, you never know."

    XPD, Jun 1, 2006

  3. GraB

    ~misfit~ Guest

    GraB wrote:
    > http://tinyurl.com/n6p2m
    >
    > Advanced Micro Devices may be looking to buy graphics company ATI
    > Technologies, a move that would benefit the overall graphics industry,
    > according to RBC Capital Markets.
    >
    > "The synergies of this seem consistent with the recent announcements
    > by AMD to significantly increase capacity over the next few-years,"
    > wrote analyst Apjit Walia in a note to investors Wednesday. "We
    > believe ATI is a rare-buy in the semiconductor space right now given
    > the near-term tie-up dynamics."

    I guess that would impact the awesome synergy between nVidia/nForce chipsets
    and AMD CPUs if AMD became nForce/nVidia's biggest rival in the graphics
    market.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jun 2, 2006