    http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/utilities/amdcpusetup.exe
    Enjoy.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 12, 2007

  2. Interesting. Does NOT include Vista 64.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 12, 2007

  3. (and yeah, I know, I can't seem to stay away! after a few hours, I start to
    have shaking fingers, sweaty palms, total withdrawal pains. Have to swing
    by...)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 12, 2007
  4. Yep, the "NG stay-away syndrome".
    Someone's gotta write about that stuff also.
    :)
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 12, 2007
  5. I think I already have a previous version of this driver:

    version: 1.3.2.0016

    Why would I go through the trouble of installing:

    version: 1.3.2.0053

    Are there any serious bug fixes or performance improvements ?

    They site doesn't say...

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 12, 2007
  6. If you have no issues - and I didn't hear of any - then you probably don't
    'need' it. On the other hand - if they didn't find something to improve in
    there, they probably wouldn't care to spend time just 'shining' it up? Might
    not be actual bugs, perhaps 'code-tuning', which is always nice.

    I might be tempted to give it a kind of subjective test-run, but I'm in no
    hurry. It can wait for now.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 12, 2007
  7. Just sit back, relax, put your traytables in the upright position and wait
    for the next patch of this driver.
    :)
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 13, 2007
  8. Something like that, I guess.

    Then again - these updates doesn't happen every year, it seems. I may not
    have that much patience. I am harbouring a healthy bit of curiosity too.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 13, 2007
  9. On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 01:10:00 GMT, =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?= wrote
    in news::

    > AMD released v1.3.2.0053 drivers for its dual core
    > processors for XP and Windows Server, both x86 and x64.

    Also interesting, in the same directory, is the AMD Power
    Monitor. It graphically shows, in real-time, the frenetic
    activity taking place in our CPUs:
    http://tinyurl.com/aokka

    Flatus

    Flatus Ohlfahrt, Sep 15, 2007
  10. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    This appears to be moving cool 'n quiet from an application to a driver.
    Cool 'n Quiet always had a graphics display available. This seems to be
    built into Vista at the driver level as can be seen using the Reliability
    and Performance Monitor.

    John Barnes, Sep 15, 2007