    Diehard Guest

    what is the faster cpu? Athlon 1.33ghz cpu or the Athlon Duron 1.6? the
    duron is $42 and the Athlon 1.33 is $40.

    Diehard, Dec 5, 2003

  2. Diehard

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Diehard" <> wrote in news:_10Ab.283$7p2.23
    @newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

    > what is the faster cpu? Athlon 1.33ghz cpu or the Athlon Duron 1.6? the
    > duron is $42 and the Athlon 1.33 is $40.

    The duron would be faster in this case

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Dec 6, 2003

  3. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
    > "Diehard" <> wrote in news:_10Ab.283$7p2.23
    > @newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:
    >
    > > what is the faster cpu? Athlon 1.33ghz cpu or the Athlon Duron 1.6? the
    > > duron is $42 and the Athlon 1.33 is $40.

    > The duron would be faster in this case
    >
    > --
    > AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    > email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    > website: under construction
    > email/IM for rates/services

    Well only by clock number, but maybe not performance, so i was curious. but
    thanks

    Diehard, Dec 6, 2003
  4. Diehard

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Diehard" <> wrote in

    > Well only by clock number, but maybe not performance, so i was
    > curious. but thanks

    No, not only by the clock number. By performance. The Duron 1.6 was
    recently tested against Celeron's up to 2.6 ghz and a P4 1.8 ghz. It was
    faster than all of them. I've previously seen a 1.8 ghz P4 be faster than
    an Athlon XP 1500+, which is faster than an Athlon 1.33. So the Duron
    would be faster.

    DeMoN LaG, Dec 6, 2003