AMD 64bit 10 times faster then 32bit

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by yyoru, Sep 5, 2005.

  1. yyoru

    yyoru Guest

    Hi All,
    My testcpumath updated with both 64bit & 32bit compiled versions.
    Links are here;

    http://www.yyoru.com/progs/testcpumath.html

    boost up your code with gcc options;
    http://www.yyoru.com/progs/testcpucomp.html

    http://www.yyoru.com/

    Above links you will see correct compilation may
    boost your code ten times.

    Thanx to all who also posted their results.
    YILMAZ YORU

    --
    yyoru
    yyoru's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=936
    yyoru, Sep 5, 2005

  2. You suggest we should switch to Linux because there is a free 64bit compiler
    available?

    =?Utf-8?B?RXJuc3Q=?=, Sep 7, 2005

  3. yyoru

    Bo Persson Guest

    "Ernst" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > You suggest we should switch to Linux because there is a free 64bit
    > compiler
    > available?

    The same compiler is also available for Windows.

    He has just showed that a 64 bit processor running Linux is faster
    than an old 32 bit processor running Windows.

    Not much to base an OS selection on. :)

    Bo Persson

    Bo Persson, Sep 7, 2005
  4. On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 16:10:38 +0100, Bo Persson <> wrote:

    > "Ernst" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >> You suggest we should switch to Linux because there is a free 64bit
    >> compiler
    >> available?

    > The same compiler is also available for Windows.
    >
    > He has just showed that a 64 bit processor running Linux is faster
    > than an old 32 bit processor running Windows.
    >

    > Not much to base an OS selection on. :)
    >

    > Bo Persson

    It's also unrepresentitive of how real world applications behave...
    Mark Gillespie, Sep 7, 2005
  5. sorry, but there is no gcc for x64:
    http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html

    =?Utf-8?B?RXJuc3Q=?=, Sep 7, 2005
  6. yyoru

    John Smith Guest

    > sorry, but there is no gcc for x64:
    > http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html

    Yes there is (from the above page):

    x86_64-*-*, amd64-*-*
    GCC supports the x86-64 architecture implemented by the AMD64 processor
    (amd64-*-* is an alias for x86_64-*-*) on GNU/Linux, FreeBSD and NetBSD.

    -- John
    John Smith, Sep 16, 2005