    anything else while gaming.

    thanks in advance for the answers,
    todd

    Answer Seeker, Apr 16, 2006

  2. Answer Seeker

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-04-15, Answer Seeker <> wrote:
    > looking to build a new PC and am trying to decide on getting an AMD 64
    > or 64 X2 chip? i know the first is for pure horsepower and the other is
    > for multitasking. any other advantages/disadvantages of one over the

    AMD64 isn't necessarily 'pure horsepower'. They come in all speeds depending
    on how they rated in their testing. One nice thing about AMD64 is that they
    are fully 32-bit compatible.

    If you are running WindowsOS then you won't see a speed difference because
    of the '64' part of the name for quite awhile.

    > other?? i have heard that gaming with the X2 is a little tricky

    You might have to 'turn off' one of the cores...it depends, but it's not
    'tricky'.

    > requiring some tweaking. as far as multitasking...i don't plan to do
    > anything else while gaming.

    Just buy the fastest you can afford for gaming. 32bit vs. 64bit doesn't
    matter that much right now. I happen to like AMD64 because of it's
    versatility but that doesn't seem to me what you are looking for.
    [snip]

    --
    'it probably depends a bit on when you intend to build the next PC after
    after you build the one you're contemplating now'

    Jimchip, Apr 16, 2006