AMD 3200+ not stepping

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?cyB0IGUgdyBkIG8gZw==?=, Jun 15, 2006.

  1. Hello,
    Hope you can help. I've installed beta 2 on an AMILO A1630 (sadistic, I know).
    Everything looks fine except the performance when plugged into the mains
    power.
    I'd expect it to be throttling during 3d intensive use, with power settings
    set to performance (plugged in) where juice is not an issue.
    I can here the fans kicking into high gear but performance and real time
    monitoring confirms it to stay at 798. Since this is minimum spec for Vista,
    it would be nice to hover above 800mhz especially when my cpu is capable of
    2ghz. I don't mind running a little hot, it does anyway.
    Things I've done so far:
    - installed latest Vista beta drivers from ATI (no change either with or
    without so not the culprit)
    - removed CPU driver, ACPI battery and controller drivers from device
    manager, nada.
    - tried installing cool and quiet from AMD, no joy, wrong OS. Same with 64
    bit driver for XP.

    In XP it was quickly on demand when I needed the power. I can't get it to
    budge now. I'm not at home atm but I seem to remember seeing one of the
    frequency steps was 'not defined'.
    Any ideas are appreciated (except for upgrading the bios- Fujitsu-Siemens
    abandoned us 2 years ago).
    Thank you.

    =?Utf-8?B?cyB0IGUgdyBkIG8gZw==?=, Jun 15, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cyB0IGUgdyBkIG8gZw==?=

    Rick Guest

    Just want to point this out, for persons with
    Vista questions, please post
    to the appropriate ng, this newsgroup is for
    discussions relating to Windows
    XP x64, Windows Server 2003 x64 and IA 64.

    Here is a list of available newsgroups for
    Windows Vista:

    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_account_passwords
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

    Head on over to the following page at
    Microsoft's website on how to configure
    your newsreader to read Microsoft's Public
    Newsgroups:

    Rick, Jun 15, 2006

  3. sorry for repeat post, interface said it was not submitted but it lied.

    =?Utf-8?B?cyB0IGUgdyBkIG8gZw==?=, Jun 15, 2006
  4. sorry for repeat post, interface said it was not submitted but it lied.

    =?Utf-8?B?cyB0IGUgdyBkIG8gZw==?=, Jun 15, 2006