    I might have to comparison shop UK DVDs when i'm thinking about
    buying...

    -goro-

    Goro, Sep 23, 2006

  2. Goro

    kaboom Guest

    On 23 Sep 2006 15:46:01 -0700, "Goro" <> wrote:

    >I was just checking out Amazon UK to see how much Spooks S4 was going
    >for and was very surprised that SPOOKS S1-S3 are selling for about #10
    >each (before VAT) which is about $20 US. In comparison, MI5 S1-S3 are
    >$25, $72, $59.
    >
    >Then i checked out abunch of other DVDs and they were very cheap also.
    >I might have to comparison shop UK DVDs when i'm thinking about
    >buying...

    **I found that also, goro. I was looking at some Elaine Cassidy movies
    and I found that 'The Lost World' was much cheaper from Amazon UK even
    with the shipping than any price in the US. I also picked up 'Blinded'
    with Jodhi May because it's not available here.

    kaboomie

    kaboom, Sep 23, 2006

  3. Goro

    P Pron Guest

    kaboom wrote:
    || On 23 Sep 2006 15:46:01 -0700, "Goro" <> wrote:
    ||| I was just checking out Amazon UK to see how much Spooks S4 was
    ||| going for and was very surprised that SPOOKS S1-S3 are selling for
    ||| about #10 each (before VAT) which is about $20 US. In comparison,
    ||| MI5 S1-S3 are $25, $72, $59.
    ||| Then i checked out abunch of other DVDs and they were very cheap
    ||| also. I might have to comparison shop UK DVDs when i'm thinking
    ||| about buying...
    || **I found that also, goro. I was looking at some Elaine Cassidy
    || movies and I found that 'The Lost World' was much cheaper from
    || Amazon UK even with the shipping than any price in the US. I also
    || picked up 'Blinded' with Jodhi May because it's not available here.
    || kaboomie

    You may be interested in http://www.billybargain.co.uk/ - I hasten to add
    that I've no connection with it, but it is a really good UK price comparison
    site for DVDs & Music

    paul

    P Pron, Sep 24, 2006
  4. "Goro" <> wrote:

    > I was just checking out Amazon UK to see how much Spooks S4 was going
    > for and was very surprised that SPOOKS S1-S3 are selling for about #10
    > each (before VAT) which is about $20 US. In comparison, MI5 S1-S3 are
    > $25, $72, $59.
    >
    > Then i checked out abunch of other DVDs and they were very cheap also.
    > I might have to comparison shop UK DVDs when i'm thinking about
    > buying...

    Yup. It happens a fair amount. It's especially a bargain once you
    realize that you can knock another 15% or so off the price because
    they take off the VAT for non-EU orders.

    I think the first bargain of this type I got was getting both TINKER,
    TAILOR, SOLDIER SPY and SMILEY'S PEOPLE (the original, longer British
    version of the latter instead of the cut-down American version) for
    about half the price of just one of them in their American editions.

    -- jayembee

    Hannibal Fortune, Sep 24, 2006
  5. Goro

    kaboom Guest

    On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 02:43:24 +0100, "P Pron"
    <> wrote:

    >kaboom wrote:
    >|| **I found that also, goro. I was looking at some Elaine Cassidy
    >|| movies and I found that 'The Lost World' was much cheaper from
    >|| Amazon UK even with the shipping than any price in the US. I also
    >|| picked up 'Blinded' with Jodhi May because it's not available here.
    >|| kaboomie
    >
    >You may be interested in http://www.billybargain.co.uk/ - I hasten to add
    >that I've no connection with it, but it is a really good UK price comparison
    >site for DVDs & Music

    **Excellent site, Paul, thanks! Does anyone know if there's a site
    that compares the UK vendors? Like resellerratings, etc. for US
    sellers.

    Thanks again, Paul :)

    kaboomie

    kaboom, Sep 26, 2006