Amazon: Star Wars Trilogy available for pre-order

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. at amazon.com. $41.99 for widescreen.

    jp

    Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig wrote:
    > at amazon.com. $41.99 for widescreen.
    >

    > jp

    ditto buy.com

    dick
    -- and I'll bet that bestbuy, circuit city and walmart will have it even
    cheaper on opening week in the stores

    Dick Sidbury, Apr 1, 2004

    $41.88 at deepdiscountdvd.com (free shipping)

    --
    Scott Streeter

    http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

    Scott Streeter, Apr 1, 2004
  4. Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig

    Justin Guest

    Scott Streeter wrote on [01 Apr 2004 09:19:07 -0500]:
    > Dick Sidbury <> writes:
    >
    >> Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig wrote:
    >> > at amazon.com. $41.99 for widescreen.
    >> > jp
    >> >

    >> ditto buy.com
    >>
    >> dick
    >> -- and I'll bet that bestbuy, circuit city and walmart will have it
    >> even cheaper on opening week in the stores

    > $41.88 at deepdiscountdvd.com (free shipping)

    Now we just need the "doesn't suck" version.

    Justin, Apr 1, 2004
  5. Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig

    BubbCoop Guest

    <<$41.88 at deepdiscountdvd.com (free shipping)>>

    amazon has free shipping over $25 anyway, but I still won't buy it.

    BubbCoop, Apr 2, 2004
  6. Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig

    Bill Guest

    Revisionist Edition or not, I still want the original trilogy...the closest
    I have to DVD right now are fullscreen video CDs that were purchased on
    Ebay...and I'm looking forward to the supplemental material that will be
    included.

    The only Star Wars title in my DVD library is "Attack of the Clones," and it
    probably wouldn't be in my library had I seen the movie in theaters.

    Bill, Apr 3, 2004
  7. Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig

    Jim Fraas Guest

    FULLSCREEN!

    No thank you

    I'll take Widescreen VHS over pan scan DVD any day.

    Fortunately I have backed up my WS Original VHS to a Tivo file

    --
    A widescreen edition of a movie presents the film frame as it was seen in
    the movie theater. This is the version that best preserves the filmmaker's

    Jim Fraas, Apr 5, 2004
  8. Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig

    Bill Guest

    "Jim Fraas" <> wrote in message
    > FULLSCREEN!
    >
    > No thank you
    >
    > I'll take Widescreen VHS over pan scan DVD any day.
    >
    > Fortunately I have backed up my WS Original VHS to a Tivo file

    These were video CDs, as noted in my previous post, NOT DVDs--they were
    officially licensed/distributed by Lucasfilm overseas, and I wanted them
    mainly as collectibles.

    FWIW, the audio quality of those video CDs blows away VHS Hi-Fi, with none
    of the annoying head-switching noise that is so prevalent with pre-recorded
    VHS titles. This set will do until a proper DVD trilogy is released later
    this year, in widescreen that will be fit to view.

    VHS dubbed to Tivo? No thank you, I'm trying to forget that VHS as a means
    of film distribution ever existed.

    Bill, Apr 5, 2004
  9. Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig

    Jim Fraas Guest

    --

    "Bill" <> wrote in message

    > "Jim Fraas" <> wrote in message
    > > FULLSCREEN!
    > >
    > > No thank you
    > >
    > > I'll take Widescreen VHS over pan scan DVD any day.
    > >
    > > Fortunately I have backed up my WS Original VHS to a Tivo file
    > >

    > These were video CDs, as noted in my previous post, NOT DVDs--they were
    > officially licensed/distributed by Lucasfilm overseas, and I wanted them
    > mainly as collectibles.

    It is STILL PAN AND SCAN AND "NOT" THE ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO.

    > FWIW, the audio quality of those video CDs blows away VHS Hi-Fi, with

    none
    > of the annoying head-switching noise that is so prevalent with

    pre-recorded
    > VHS titles. This set will do until a proper DVD trilogy is released later
    > this year, in widescreen that will be fit to view.
    >
    > VHS dubbed to Tivo? No thank you, I'm trying to forget that VHS as a means
    > of film distribution ever existed.

    It is STILL OAR!

    Jim Fraas, Apr 5, 2004
  10. Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig

    Bill Guest

    Have it your way, sir, I'm not going to continue this ridiculous exchange.
    My original posting was simply my way of saying that my current copy of the
    "Star Wars" trilogy was less than perfect, and I was looking forward to
    having decent copies, on DVD and in widescreen, at last...but you obviously
    look ONLY for phrases such as "full screen" or "pan/scan" in a post and
    never bother to read anything else. Folks like you have helped kill this
    newsgroup.

    PLONK!

    Bill, Apr 6, 2004