    -----

    Mark L.
    IM:WillowsBandCamp

    Mark L., Nov 26, 2003

  2. Just turn the chair, and grow Mark L. hair

    > I have been on the Amazon.FR site recently and have wanted to
    > try to
    > buy from them. My French is not that good. I've heard the there are
    > sites that can translate the text. I was wondering if anyone could
    > venture a link to one of them

    babelfish.altavista.com

    but i dont think it does secure sites so the ordering process might require
    you to jsut copy/paste the text manually..

    David Beamish, Nov 26, 2003

  3. Mark L.

    Mr Muckle Guest

    "David Beamish" <> wrote in message
    > Just turn the chair, and grow Mark L. hair
    >
    > > I have been on the Amazon.FR site recently and have wanted to
    > > try to
    > > buy from them. My French is not that good. I've heard the there are
    > > sites that can translate the text. I was wondering if anyone could
    > > venture a link to one of them
    > >

    > babelfish.altavista.com
    >
    > but i dont think it does secure sites so the ordering process might

    require
    > you to jsut copy/paste the text manually..

    It's actually pretty simple to order for any of the Europe-based Amazon's.
    The
    layout/format is identical to the US site. Simply place the item(s) in your
    cart,
    enter your usual Amazon.com username/password, pick the CC that is in your
    Amazon checkout account, pick the shipping method(Standard or Express),
    and click the order button. Done. For orders I placed, and had shipped via
    "Standard" to my US address, all arrived inside of 10 days. If you choose
    "Express", make sure a physical street address is used, not a PO Box. If you
    have a P O Box, it's fine for the Standard delivery.

    Mr Muckle, Nov 26, 2003
  4. Mark L.

    terry king Guest

    In article <Xns943F74E58DF62meprivacynet120@130.133.1.4>, David Beamish
    <> wrote:

    >"Mark L." <> wrote:
    > > I have been on the Amazon.FR site recently and have wanted to try to
    > > buy from them. My French is not that good. I've heard the there are
    > > sites that can translate the text. I was wondering if anyone could
    > > venture a link to one of them

    > babelfish.altavista.com
    >
    > but i dont think it does secure sites so the ordering process might
    > require you to jsut copy/paste the text manually..

    For security reasons, Babelfish won't take you past your shopping cart.
    Drop stuff in your cart, close the Babelfish window, go back to Amazon
    in a new window, and hit the cart icon. Your items should be waiting.
    From there on out, it's laid out like the other Amazons (the "aide"
    page has a "Help in English" link, which gives shipping options).

    | The bookish fantasize about leather as much as the
    Terry King | next man (or woman), though that leather is, of
    preacher mit edu | course, liable to be a full morocco binding, with
    | blind-stamped decorations and a hubbed spine.
    - Michael Dirda
    GSS/H v3.0 c++@ W++ N+++ M+$ t+ 5++ X++ R* b+++ DI++++ x? <*>
    DNRC: Sublime Guardian of Paradox, Anachronism, and the Absurd

    terry king, Nov 26, 2003