    Press 70-272 Book, and that included the shipping. The shipping in this
    example takes about 10 days; therefore, one should order in advance before
    the book is needed. Bill
    Need help on MCP certification test, Mar 14, 2007

  2. Thats where i get all my books.... i used that 30 dollar bonus a book i
    never read though... Becoming java certified.... I bought some more java
    books i never read too lol .. i know java but i decided i didnt want to know
    know java and be a computer programmer after all. I majored in CS in
    college. I dont care if the money is more for that field or not. I want to
    do what makes me happy, not what places me in a cubby hole isolating lines
    of buggy code all day long with strenous deadlines to keep. I like
    programming, but dont think i want to do it on a full time basis.

    Keith Chilton, Mar 14, 2007

  3. Good day:

    I know what you mean about buying a book and then not reading it. In order
    to avoid making such a mistake I lean toward purchasing a video CD/course if
    I want some knowledge but am uncertain about persuing a certification in the
    subject.

    I have purchased both CDs and streaming from CBT Nuggets and think the
    company has quality presentations. I recommend getting on the email list and
    then one will receive notice of the sales promotions. Purchasing at the sales
    price allows one to build a library. Bill

    my gI simply want to To get around that that ;

    Need help on MCP certification test, Mar 14, 2007
  4. Bill, I subscribe to CBT Nugget as well. But I find it hard to follow
    your logic. An average book costs between $30 to $60. Many CBT Nugget
    video start at $99 and go over $1000 for suites of videos (MCSE). How do
    you justify $99+ over $60? Just curious...

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 14, 2007
  5. Good day:
    Michael, my reference was to a case in which the book was purchased and then
    not read. The CBT Nugget video provides an alternative means of studying the
    subject information and engages the use of two senses, sight and hearing,
    rather than the use of a single sense, that of sight alone which is in play
    when reading.

    Also, I mentioned to be alert for items on sale. Though rare, some sales
    items can be purchsed for as low as $49.00 for streaming, which is
    essetially the cost of a book and the permanent DVD can be purchased for an
    additional $10.00 This approach allows for the building of a library, and the
    DVD is readily available if the need to refresh the information arises.

    Then again, if one decides to work for the certification in a paricular
    subject the DVD is an excellent supplement even at the cost of $149.00 Compre
    that cost to the cost of taking a 36 hour bootcamp, and the DVD can be
    replayed over and over in order to increase one's level of understanding.
    This all comes down to simply another approach.

    Need help on MCP certification test, Mar 14, 2007
  6. Too bad we couldnt download it and then have it printed at a local printing
    depot or something and then slap a hard cover on it to carry it around ...
    lol

    --
    Keith Chilton - MCDST,MCP
    Data Services Technician

    Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730

    messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Any opinions or advice
    contained in this email are subject to the terms and conditions in any
    applicable client engagement letter or agreement.

    Keith Chilton, Mar 14, 2007
  7. I thought of selling off my CBT Nugget video I have already used; but
    CBT Nugget does not allow such a practice.

    Bill, you are correct in that many people study different ways. Being a
    technical instructor, I teach every concept using the at least 3 of the
    5 senses; lecture, videos/examples, and hands-on. Some students are
    great with hearing and understand concepts, while others need to touch a
    physical device of some type.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 14, 2007

    Need help on MCP certification test, Mar 15, 2007
  9. Good day:

    Michael, my point was that the intellect will likely comprehend more fully
    if the material is received through multiple senses. The learning experience
    becomes reinforced. For example, sometimes one will walk into a room or
    restaurant and smell an aroma, the sense of smell, that will remind them of
    something that happened years ago, the same with hearing an old song.

    When presented the information verbally the student could intially grasp the
    concept; however, if the same information is also presented through the use
    of video the information can be reinforced and it can be apprehended to a
    greater degree as it is absorbed by the use of a second sense. In this case
    both sight and hearing. It also works the way you advised, I'm simply making
    a subtle difference.

    These days I'm coming from a wide variety of backgrounds, in one of my prior
    lives I did OSP, that is, outside plant engineering for the design and
    construction of fiber optic builds, Metro Area Networks where the streets are
    all torn up. The intracity and intercity backbones and the loops into
    buildings in order to bring the fiber to the desktop. Now I'm studying what
    happens once the fiber reaches the desktop and attached to a computer. My
    point is this, I find sometimes that I like to create a drawing of the
    different concepts, it is a simple drawing but I find that when I reach the
    point where I can reduce the concept to a drawing, that I really understand
    interworkings on multiple levels. The base drawing can then be expanded to
    include multiple concepts as the information data base grows. It's just
    another approach and it makes room for a little creativity. Bill

    Need help on MCP certification test, Mar 15, 2007