    Thanks,

    Matt

    , Feb 18, 2006

  2. Guest

    Annoying, intrusive and offensive as it may be, it might just be
    cookies being read from yor computer (apparently their intended purpose
    is for exactly this type of thing-trying to sell you something).

    I wonder how many people find this helpful vs how many are shocked and
    offended. I'm in the latter category.

    You can get more aggressive by disabling cookie handling to variable
    degrees of isolation in yoru browser or with a Firewall (included in XP
    or optinally available from other suppliers).

    The tradeoff is some sites will simply not work for you if you don't
    play their cookie game their way. Depends how hard-nosed you want to
    be.

    I'm still trying to find a happy medium that doesn't make me approve
    each and every motion my pc makes.

    You know what irritates me even more? Do a Google search for something
    antiquated, obsolete and so obscure you'd be lucky to find ONE on the
    planet and are content to just read about it. At the top of the Google
    search will be some listing that got top-o'-the-heap, like Nextag.com
    offering you But Obscure,Antiquated, Obsolete at best prices!!!

    You know that's a load of garbage.

    Good luck. I think tighter cookie handling in your browser is probably
    the simplest thing to make reverseable adjustments to. If you don't
    have a firewall, that's a harder change to uninstall if you don't like
    the results.

    Murray

    , Feb 18, 2006

  3. Amazon does some of the best Marketing Research on its customers you will
    find anywhere.

    Interactively...

    Excellent Company.

    DSH

    D. Spencer Hines, Feb 18, 2006
  4. Jim Watt Guest

    On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 18:36:08 -0000, "D. Spencer Hines"
    <> wrote:

    <snip>

    Note to acs regulars, Whines is full of shit, take a look
    on google and you will see what I mean. Best ignored.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Feb 18, 2006