    drives were back again! There's a world we know nothing about it seems.
    While we think we are in charge of everything, Windows is really ruling the
    roost it appears. :) I just had to laugh though.

    J, Dec 2, 2008

  2. J wrote:

    > Windoze never fails to impress/amuse me! After installing SP3 on my syste,
    > my DVD and Writer dissapeared from Windows Explorer and the Device
    > Manager. That was a week or two ago and I lokoed all over the internet for
    > an answer to the problem. After some registry hacks that didn't work, I

    Usually you have to search for "lower filter" and "upper filter" entries in
    your registry, near of them entries pointing to your missing drives. You
    may have uninstalled or deleted some filter driver unbeknownst. Mostly,
    cd/dvd recording programs or even virtual cd utilities are to blame.
    Saving / exporting that key and then deleting the filter entries might have
    fixed your issues.

    > gave up. Tonight, I installed Open Office, then uninstalled it as I didn't
    > like it. I had to reboot...'and when I did...'the message "Windows has

    Oh, sorry. With openoffice3, there is a plugin to _import_ pdf's - which you
    may edit (yet still limited) in OO, and re-export. Sometimes that saves
    real money to spend for acrobat full versions.

    > successfully installed you new hardware" appeared. "New hardware"?? Well,
    > sort of...'my drives were back again! There's a world we know nothing
    > about it seems. While we think we are in charge of everything, Windows is
    > really ruling the roost it appears. :) I just had to laugh though.

    Though crazy, it seems OO has put another filter driver in place
    substituting the dysfunctional one ... or they built in a driver check, but
    I don't know why OO would do that?
    *Shaking my head*
    wisdomkiller & pain, Dec 2, 2008

  3. J

    J Guest

    ..........'such typos! :) You'd never know I 'wrote' that at 3:30 am, 'would
    you'?

    ZZZzzz

    J, Dec 2, 2008
  4. "J" <> propogated this using

    > Windoze never fails to impress/amuse me! After installing SP3 on my
    > syste, my DVD and Writer dissapeared from Windows Explorer and the
    > Device Manager. That was a week or two ago and I lokoed all over the
    > internet for an answer to the problem. After some registry hacks that
    > didn't work, I gave up. Tonight, I installed Open Office, then
    > uninstalled it as I didn't like it. I had to reboot...'and when I
    > did...'the message "Windows has successfully installed you new hardware"
    > appeared. "New hardware"?? Well, sort of...'my drives were back again!
    > There's a world we know nothing about it seems. While we think we are in
    > charge of everything, Windows is really ruling the roost it appears. :)
    > I just had to laugh though.

    Yeah! OpenOffice.org sux!
    "Freeware" - you get what you pay for...
    Hee-hee. [TIC]

    --

    I'm Bucky Breeder, (*(^; , & I got milk. (|^;

    http://kitty-pron.notlong.com/

    Repent, the end is near! So... smoke'em if you got'em.
    Bucky Breeder, Dec 2, 2008
  5. J

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 03:27:41 -0000, "J" <>
    wrote:

    >Windoze never fails to impress/amuse me! After installing SP3 on my syste,
    >my DVD and Writer dissapeared from Windows Explorer and the Device Manager.
    >That was a week or two ago and I lokoed all over the internet for an answer
    >to the problem. After some registry hacks that didn't work, I gave up.
    >Tonight, I installed Open Office, then uninstalled it as I didn't like it. I
    >had to reboot...'and when I did...'the message "Windows has successfully
    >installed you new hardware" appeared. "New hardware"?? Well, sort of...'my
    >drives were back again! There's a world we know nothing about it seems.
    >While we think we are in charge of everything, Windows is really ruling the
    >roost it appears. :) I just had to laugh though.

    Uhhuh and I'll bet after the install of the SP you didn't bother to
    reboot did ya?
    You just went on using the machine thinking all is fine now.
    richard, Dec 2, 2008
  6. J

    chuckcar Guest

    "J" <> wrote in

    > Windoze never fails to impress/amuse me! After installing SP3 on my
    > syste, my DVD and Writer dissapeared from Windows Explorer and the
    > Device Manager. That was a week or two ago and I lokoed all over the
    > internet for an answer to the problem. After some registry hacks that
    > didn't work, I gave up. Tonight, I installed Open Office, then
    > uninstalled it as I didn't like it. I had to reboot...'and when I
    > did...'the message "Windows has successfully installed you new hardware"
    > appeared. "New hardware"?? Well, sort of...'my drives were back again!
    > There's a world we know nothing about it seems. While we think we are in
    > charge of everything, Windows is really ruling the roost it appears. :)
    > I just had to laugh though.

    Did any of those "fixes" involve removing keys named scsi, esdi and mfm?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Dec 2, 2008
  7. J

    Cork Soaker Guest

    Bucky Breeder wrote:
    > "J" <> propogated this using
    >> Windoze never fails to impress/amuse me! After installing SP3 on my
    >> syste, my DVD and Writer dissapeared from Windows Explorer and the
    >> Device Manager. That was a week or two ago and I lokoed all over the
    >> internet for an answer to the problem. After some registry hacks that
    >> didn't work, I gave up. Tonight, I installed Open Office, then
    >> uninstalled it as I didn't like it. I had to reboot...'and when I
    >> did...'the message "Windows has successfully installed you new hardware"
    >> appeared. "New hardware"?? Well, sort of...'my drives were back again!
    >> There's a world we know nothing about it seems. While we think we are in
    >> charge of everything, Windows is really ruling the roost it appears. :)
    >> I just had to laugh though.

    > Yeah! OpenOffice.org sux!
    > "Freeware" - you get what you pay for...
    > Hee-hee. [TIC]

    Bucky Breeder - the true idiot.
    Cork Soaker, Dec 2, 2008
  8. Cork Soaker, yet another "invalid" blithered and blathered:

    > Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >>
    >> "J" <> propogated this using
    >>
    >>> Windoze never fails to impress/amuse me! After installing SP3 on my
    >>> syste, my DVD and Writer dissapeared from Windows Explorer and the
    >>> Device Manager. That was a week or two ago and I lokoed all over the
    >>> internet for an answer to the problem. After some registry hacks that
    >>> didn't work, I gave up. Tonight, I installed Open Office, then
    >>> uninstalled it as I didn't like it. I had to reboot...'and when I
    >>> did...'the message "Windows has successfully installed you new
    >>> hardware" appeared. "New hardware"?? Well, sort of...'my drives were
    >>> back again! There's a world we know nothing about it seems. While we
    >>> think we are in charge of everything, Windows is really ruling the
    >>> roost it appears. :) I just had to laugh though.

    >> Yeah! OpenOffice.org sux!
    >> "Freeware" - you get what you pay for...
    >> Hee-hee. [TIC]

    > Bucky Breeder - the true idiot.

    If by "idiot" you mean someone who jumps out there with
    with an instant opinion on such a ridiculous thing in
    defense of an absurd proposition tendered as if there
    were some legitimate basis or premise for the moral...
    Well, you must be talking about yourself as the idiot,
    and me as exposing you as a pureed dumbass in classical
    fashion and appropriate repute. Taa!

    --

    I am Bucky Breeder, (*(^; , & I got the Christmas Spirit! (*(^%{>~*

    Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous Holiday Season! Yea, even
    to the degenerate Muslims and Jewtards because peace is what the baby
    Jesus would want under his Christmas tree - and Tonka Toys too!
    What-up with all this gold, frankincense and myrrh crap? It's like
    getting underwear, pajamas, and toothbrushes - all wrapped up. WTF?!?!

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 3, 2008
  9. J

    Cork Soaker Guest

    Bucky Breeder wrote:
    > Cork Soaker, yet another "invalid" blithered and blathered:
    >
    >> Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >>> "J" <> propogated this using

    >>> Yeah! OpenOffice.org sux!
    >>> "Freeware" - you get what you pay for...
    >>> Hee-hee. [TIC]

    >> Bucky Breeder - the true idiot.

    > If by "idiot" you mean someone who jumps out there with
    > with an instant opinion on such a ridiculous thing in
    > defense of an absurd proposition tendered as if there
    > were some legitimate basis or premise for the moral...
    > Well, you must be talking about yourself as the idiot,
    > and me as exposing you as a pureed dumbass in classical
    > fashion and appropriate repute. Taa!

    No "Bucky". An idiot is someone who lacks any intelligence. You are an
    idiot, as that ^ aimless piece of horse shit has just proven.
    Cork Soaker, Dec 3, 2008
  10. Picture, if you will, Cork Soaker <>
    in naught but his dirtied diapers, baby-snot running down his face,
    clomping around in his mommie's high-heels, and a Dodo-Bird Boa
    wrapped 'round his neck, tripping him as he cries incessently for
    his mommie's attention, but she remains passed out on the sofa from
    last night's drunken labor of prostitution to support her drug habits,
    and then he tosses this in news::

    > Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >> Cork Soaker, yet another "invalid" blithered and blathered:

    >>> Bucky Breeder - the true exposer of idiots.

    >> If by "idiot" YOU mean someone who jumps out there with
    >> with an instant opinion on such a ridiculous thing in
    >> defense of an absurd proposition tendered - as if there
    >> were some legitimate basis or premise for the moral...
    >> Well, YOU must be talking about yourself as the idiot,
    >> and not me for exposing you as a pureed dumbass in classical
    >> fashion an appropriate repute. Therefore, why YOU are
    >> arguing is a mystery because.... IAWTP!

    > No "Bucky". An idiot is someone who lacks any intelligence.
    > You are an idiot, as that ^ aimless piece of horse shit has
    > just proven.

    If by "idiot" YOU mean someone who jumps out there with
    with an instant opinion on such a ridiculous thing in
    defense of an absurd proposition tendered - as if there
    were some legitimate basis or premise for the moral...
    Well, YOU must be talking about YOURSELF as the idiot,
    and not me for exposing you as a pureed dumbass in classical
    fashion and appropriate repute. Therefore, why YOU are
    arguing is a mystery because.... IAWTP!

    --

    I am Bucky Breeder, (*(^; , & I got the Christmas Spirit! <(*(}^%{>~*

    Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous Holiday Season! Yes, even

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 4, 2008