    4. Ranting loony one minute, polite the next....Schzophrenic
    5. His postings generally.... Mental Retardation

    Forgive me if I have left any obvious ones out

    D@Z, Jan 10, 2009

  2. D@Z

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 13:22:42 +0000, D@Z wrote:

    > To Diagnose Scott Lifshine.......
    >
    > The list of possibles are endless but based on some of his rants here
    > are the following....
    >
    > 1. He thinks everyone is out to get him....Paranoid 2. Thinks the world
    > of music owes him a debt of gratitude....Delusional 3. Thinks he's the
    > only one who matters on the planet......God Complex 4. Ranting loony one
    > minute, polite the next....Schzophrenic 5. His postings generally....
    > Mental Retardation
    >
    > Forgive me if I have left any obvious ones out

    Possibly a touch of autism? Or even OCD?

    Aardvark, Jan 10, 2009

  3. D@Z

    Mara Guest

    http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/dsm-iv.html#npd

    --
    Goodbye, Army, dear old Army of the Potomac. Tattered and torn,
    you are crowned with the victor's laurels at last.
    -- Elisha Hunt Rhodes, Col. 2nd R. I., July 15, 1865

    Mara, Jan 10, 2009
  4. D@Z

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 08:13:01 -0600, Mara wrote:

    > On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 13:49:18 GMT, Aardvark <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 13:22:42 +0000, D@Z wrote:
    >>
    >>> To Diagnose Scott Lifshine.......
    >>>
    >>> The list of possibles are endless but based on some of his rants here
    >>> are the following....
    >>>
    >>> 1. He thinks everyone is out to get him....Paranoid 2. Thinks the
    >>> world of music owes him a debt of gratitude....Delusional 3. Thinks
    >>> he's the only one who matters on the planet......God Complex 4.
    >>> Ranting loony one minute, polite the next....Schzophrenic 5. His
    >>> postings generally.... Mental Retardation
    >>>
    >>> Forgive me if I have left any obvious ones out

    >>Possibly a touch of autism? Or even OCD?

    > http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/dsm-iv.html#npd

    By George! I think she's got it!!!!

    That seems to fit pretty well :)

    Aardvark, Jan 10, 2009
  5. D@Z

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 14:22:59 GMT, Aardvark <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 08:13:01 -0600, Mara wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 13:49:18 GMT, Aardvark <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>Possibly a touch of autism? Or even OCD?

    >> http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/dsm-iv.html#npd

    >By George! I think she's got it!!!!
    >
    >That seems to fit pretty well :)

    Unfortunately I know a couple of people in real life who have that too, as well
    as more than one online. It isn't pleasant to be around, and the only thing you
    can really do is shun them because AFAIK it isn't considered curable or even
    treatable to any extent.

    -- Elisha Hunt Rhodes, Col. 2nd R. I., July 15, 1865

    Mara, Jan 10, 2009
  6. D@Z

    D@Z Guest

    "Mara" <> wrote in message

    > On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 14:22:59 GMT, Aardvark <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 08:13:01 -0600, Mara wrote:

    >>> http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/dsm-iv.html#npd

    >>By George! I think she's got it!!!!
    >>
    >>That seems to fit pretty well :)

    > Unfortunately I know a couple of people in real life who have that too, as
    > well
    > as more than one online. It isn't pleasant to be around, and the only
    > thing you
    > can really do is shun them because AFAIK it isn't considered curable or
    > even
    > treatable to any extent.
    >
    > --
    > Goodbye, Army, dear old Army of the Potomac. Tattered and torn,
    > you are crowned with the victor's laurels at last.
    > -- Elisha Hunt Rhodes, Col. 2nd R. I., July 15, 1865

    By George I think she's got it! well done, unfortunately no prizes for this
    one

    D@Z, Jan 10, 2009
  7. D@Z

    Evan Platt Guest

    <> wrote:

    >To Diagnose Scott Lifshine.......

    I think as Scott's own shrink said.. "What a fucking maroon."

    Evan Platt, Jan 10, 2009
  8. D@Z wrote:
    > To Diagnose Scott Lifshine.......
    >
    > The list of possibles are endless but based on some of his rants here
    > are the following....
    >
    > 1. He thinks everyone is out to get him....Paranoid
    > 2. Thinks the world of music owes him a debt of gratitude....Delusional
    > 3. Thinks he's the only one who matters on the planet......God Complex
    > 4. Ranting loony one minute, polite the next....Schzophrenic
    > 5. His postings generally.... Mental Retardation
    >
    > Forgive me if I have left any obvious ones out

    He's trying to create buzz for his "artistic endeavours".

    Probably operating under the theory that "there's no such thing as bad
    publicity".

    FYI
    HTH
    HAND

    §ñühw¤£f, Jan 10, 2009
  9. On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 13:22:42 +0000, D@Z wrote:

    > To Diagnose Scott Lifshine.......
    >
    > The list of possibles are endless but based on some of his rants here are
    > the following....
    >
    > 1. He thinks everyone is out to get him....Paranoid
    > 2. Thinks the world of music owes him a debt of gratitude....Delusional
    > 3. Thinks he's the only one who matters on the planet......God Complex
    > 4. Ranting loony one minute, polite the next....Schzophrenic
    > 5. His postings generally.... Mental Retardation
    >
    > Forgive me if I have left any obvious ones out

    Just dropped in looking for something, and I noticed this poast, so I may
    as well throw this into the stew.

    My first guess would be NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder), but that
    doesn't quite cover it all.

    Don't know the guy or read any of his poasts, but General Psychopathy
    might cover it, or parts might give an idea as to a more correct
    diagnosis.

    Or perhaps he may just be a generic nutbag, and trying for attention.
    Since music is mentioned, publicity can't be ruled out either. Thar's gold
    in them thar notes..

    And apologies, if warranted, to Scott. This is based ONLY on the info
    above. You might be perfectly normal for all I know. (If so, you have my
    sympathy; normalcy is so ... normal)

    PSYCHOPATHY

    Psychopaths cannot be understood in terms of antisocial rearing or
    development. They are simply morally depraved individuals who
    represent the "monsters" in our society. They are unstoppable and
    untreatable predators whose violence is planned, purposeful and
    emotionless. The violence continues until it reaches a plateau at age
    50 or so, then tapers off.

    Their motionlessness reflects a detached, fearless, and possibly
    dissociated state, revealing a low-state autonomic nervous system and
    lack of anxiety. It's difficult to say what motivates them - control
    and dominance possibly - since their life history will usually show no
    long-standing bonds with others nor much rhyme to their reason (other
    than the planning of violence).

    They tend to operate with a grandiose demeanor, an attitude of
    entitlement, an insatiable appetite, and a tendency toward sadism.
    Fearlessness is probably the prototypical (core) characteristic (the
    low-fear hypothesis). It's helpful to think of them as high-speed
    vehicles with ineffective brakes.

    Certain organic (brain) disorders and hormonal imbalances mimic the
    state of mind of a psychopath.

    Check List:

    1. GLIB and SUPERFICIAL CHARM -- the tendency to be smooth, engaging,
    charming, slick, and verbally facile. Psychopathic charm is not in the
    least shy, self-conscious, or afraid to say anything. A psychopath
    never gets tongue-tied. They have freed themselves from the social
    conventions about taking turns in talking, for example.

    2. GRANDIOSE SELF-WORTH -- a grossly inflated view of one's abilities
    and self-worth, self-assured, opinionated, cocky, a braggart.
    Psychopaths are arrogant people who believe they are superior human
    beings.

    3. NEED FOR STIMULATION or PRONENESS TO BOREDOM -- an excessive need
    for novel, thrilling, and exciting stimulation; taking chances and
    doing things that are risky. Psychopaths often have a low
    self-discipline in carrying tasks through to completion because they
    get bored easily. They fail to work at the same job for any length of
    time, for example, or to finish tasks that they consider dull or
    routine.

    4. PATHOLOGICAL LYING -- can be moderate or high; in moderate form,
    they will be shrewd, crafty, cunning, sly, and clever; in extreme
    form, they will be deceptive, deceitful, underhanded, unscrupulous,
    manipulative, and dishonest.

    5. CONNING AND MANIPULATIVENESS- the use of deceit and deception to
    cheat, con, or defraud others for personal gain; distinguished from
    Item #4 in the degree to which exploitation and callous ruthlessness
    is present, as reflected in a lack of concern for the feelings and
    suffering of one's victims.

    6. LACK OF REMORSE OR GUILT -- a lack of feelings or concern for the
    losses, pain, and suffering of victims; a tendency to be unconcerned,
    dispassionate, coldhearted, and unempathic. This item is usually
    demonstrated by a disdain for one's victims.

    7. SHALLOW AFFECT -- emotional poverty or a limited range or depth of
    feelings; interpersonal coldness in spite of signs of open
    gregariousness.

    8. CALLOUSNESS and LACK OF EMPATHY -- a lack of feelings toward people
    in general; cold, contemptuous, inconsiderate, and tactless.

    9. PARASITIC LIFESTYLE -- an intentional, manipulative, selfish, and
    exploitative financial dependence on others as reflected in a lack of
    motivation, low self-discipline, and inability to begin or complete
    responsibilities.

    10. POOR BEHAVIORAL CONTROLS -- expressions of irritability,
    annoyance, impatience, threats, aggression, and verbal abuse;
    inadequate control of anger and temper; acting hastily.

    11. PROMISCUOUS SEXUAL BEHAVIOR -- a variety of brief, superficial
    relations, numerous affairs, and an indiscriminate selection of sexual
    partners; the maintenance of several relationships at the same time; a
    history of attempts to sexually coerce others into sexual activity or
    taking great pride at discussing sexual exploits or conquests.

    12. EARLY BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS -- a variety of behaviors prior to age 13,
    including lying, theft, cheating, vandalism, bullying, sexual
    activity, fire-setting, glue-sniffing, alcohol use, and running away
    from home.

    13. LACK OF REALISTIC, LONG-TERM GOALS -- an inability or persistent
    failure to develop and execute long-term plans and goals; a nomadic
    existence, aimless, lacking direction in life.

    14. IMPULSIVITY -- the occurrence of behaviors that are unpremeditated
    and lack reflection or planning; inability to resist temptation,
    frustrations, and urges; a lack of deliberation without considering
    the consequences; foolhardy, rash, unpredictable, erratic, and
    reckless.

    15. IRRESPONSIBILITY -- repeated failure to fulfill or honor
    obligations and commitments; such as not paying bills, defaulting on
    loans, performing sloppy work, being absent or late to work, failing
    to honor contractual agreements.

    16. FAILURE TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR OWN ACTIONS -- a failure to
    accept responsibility for one's actions reflected in low
    conscientiousness, an absence of dutifulness, antagonistic
    manipulation, denial of responsibility, and an effort to manipulate
    others through this denial.

    17. MANY SHORT-TERM MARITAL RELATIONSHIPS -- a lack of commitment to a
    long-term relationship reflected in inconsistent, undependable, and
    unreliable commitments in life, including marital.

    18. JUVENILE DELINQUENCY -- behavior problems between the ages of
    13-18; mostly behaviors that are crimes or clearly involve aspects of
    antagonism, exploitation, aggression, manipulation, or a callous,
    ruthless tough-mindedness.

    19. REVOCATION OF CONDITION RELEASE -- a revocation of probation or
    other conditional release due to technical violations, such as
    carelessness, low deliberation, or failing to appear.

    20. CRIMINAL VERSATILITY -- a diversity of types of criminal offenses,
    regardless if the person has been arrested or convicted for them;
    taking great pride at getting away with crimes.

    -- 30 --

    --
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?

    -- Wizard Of Oz

    Gaston Ryan Coake, Jan 12, 2009