Amateurish......

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by s.te.v.e., May 16, 2006.

  1. s.te.v.e.

    s.te.v.e. Guest

    How SAD is this!

    The link is actually : http://www.sunrise.cc/bbs/anz.php

    D'oh......

    Dear <email address>

    ANZ is really concerned about our customers' security and therefore
    constantly elaborates new comprehensive data protection methods.

    Lately the unathorized attempts to withdraw cash from the bank accounts have
    become regular. We studied every fraudulent operation with duly care and
    managed to develop a criteria list, helpful to detect a suspicious
    operation.

    Currently we have developed an electronic bank accounts access security
    system, which is actually ready for implementation. The system follows the
    a.m. criteria and in certain situations asks a Secret Question the account
    holder has to answer. Alternatively the current transaction and the current
    account are blocked unless the payment details are clarified.

    We kindly ask you to fill out the Additional Authorization Form, necessary
    to activate the system.

    http://www.anz.com/inetbank/bankmain.asp

    ┬ęCopyright Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited ABN 11 005 357
    522, 1996-2006
    s.te.v.e., May 16, 2006

  2. On Tue, 16 May 2006 12:37:53 +1200, someone purporting to be s.te.v.e.
    didst scrawl:

    > How SAD is this!
    >
    > The link is actually : http://www.sunrise.cc/bbs/anz.php

    Yes, but did you try putting in a dummy account number/password? It then
    redirects you to the proper login page. That's VERY cunning. It's done
    well enough that I didn't notice any differences.
    You're right, though, that the e-mail is utterly crap. "authorized"? Where
    do they think we are?

    --
    Matthew Poole
    "Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."