    We would be happy to stay with the first cpu but i cant seem to find a
    afforable mobo with 478 , gli and dual-ram...

    , May 23, 2006

  2. pcbutts1 Guest

    You are switching from a 256mb ATI to a 128mb Nvidia you will notice a
    difference in video quality. IMHO Nvidia is better so go with 256mb Nvidia.

    pcbutts1, May 23, 2006

  3. rbt Guest

    ta for that pcbutts1...

    Which board would you consider?

    I cant seem to easily find the mobos with nvidia's chipsets on the
    pricelists

    hmmm, darn it...

    i was thinking the sli would give me a nicely "tuned" system either
    tho' it may have lacked outright grunt...

    I juus dont have enough readies....

    OK... I am going to find the best vid card I can for my $'s then go
    with that..

    pfft target $200au, not even worth the pain but its xercise anyway...
    .... ho

    and I have to buy another machine anyway....

    i like the 2mb cache on the P4 778 but have read it wont help gaming
    much untill the p4 4's as the 3.0 cpu is saturated anyway..

    what a nitemare....

    rbt, May 25, 2006