    The last 2 times that I failed the test It felt like
    there were TRICK Questions, like the test was out ta get
    me.

    J, May 18, 2005

  2. J

    wexmary Guest

    I passed it with a little room to spare and i have extensive hands-on.

    There were several trick questions and a few with no right answers.

    70-271 was much fairer.

    wexmary, May 19, 2005

  3. J

    Larry Guest

    I haven't taken it yet but I'm studying for it. I don't feel as good about
    this exam as I did for the 271, from what I hear you need to really know IE,
    OE, Outlook, ICF, ICS and SP2. I'm using the MS Training kit by Walter Glenn
    and MCDST Exams by Timothy Warner and I don't feel either book is helping
    prepare me completely, hands on practice is what will probably be the best
    to prepare.

    Larry, May 19, 2005
  4. J

    femi Guest

    femi, May 23, 2005
  5. J

    femi Guest

    i have failed one time but i did know why i failed i did not take my time to
    read the books for the exam and i did not pratice my parat qus that i have
    after, i am going bk for the exam now and i hope it's of this time

    femi, May 23, 2005
  6. J

    Dave Guest

    Probably - it was so easy - I passed the both in consecutive days

    Dave
    MCSE

    Dave, May 23, 2005
  7. J

    Spider Guest

    5/28/2005 8:06:49 AM
    Dave <> wrote in message
    <>

    > Probably - it was so easy - I passed the both in consecutive days
    >
    > Dave
    > MCSE
    >
    > "J" <> wrote in message
    > > Am I the only one that has has failed twice or are there
    > > others who have failed 2x's or even more.
    > > I am new to the IT Field with ZERO experience except my
    > > A+ & MCP that I earned 6 months ago...
    > >
    > > The last 2 times that I failed the test It felt like
    > > there were TRICK Questions, like the test was out ta get
    > > me.

    Careful Dave, you can get a nasty elbow injury patting yourself on
    the back like that.

    Spider

    http://spiderathome.blogspot.com/
    http://spider1.blogspot.com/

    Spider, May 28, 2005
  8. J

    Jason Guest

    Also notice he is an MCSE and he just took the MCDST exams within the past
    year or so. Why take the MCDST exams if you already have the MCSE level?
    No logical reason, unless you did the MCDST BEFORE the MCSE level. In this
    scenario (and it's the only one that makes sense), Dave would fall under the
    classic scenario of a paper cert.

    He has the ability to memorize book materials, but I would question his
    ability to troubleshoot real life scenarios with any degree of accuracy and
    confidence without TONS of resources to walk him through it. THis is a
    dangerous trend in IT and does not bode well for the respect of
    certifications. Please do not fall into this trap as it will ultimately
    demean everything we have worked for both individually and colletively.

    Jason, May 29, 2005