    Joe Guest

    I took all of MCSE exams at May 1999 (NT 4.0).
    Am I still MCSE?
    Joe, Oct 30, 2003

  2. "Joe" <> wrote in message
    news:055b01c39e91$0a8fab20$...
    > I took all of MCSE exams at May 1999 (NT 4.0).
    > Am I still MCSE?

    Yes. But surely you would have known that unless you have been hiding
    in a closet.
    Karl \Johnno\ Gustaf, Oct 30, 2003

  3. Joe

    sean Guest

    seen this question more then i can remember ans anwsered
    it and im not even an mcse yet, your certification dosent
    run out as long as people are still using the operating
    system so i cant imagine many using nt antmore so cant
    imagine it beeing much help in getting a job

    sean

    sean, Oct 30, 2003
  4. Joe

    showgun Guest

    NO YOURN NOT.

    IF YOU HAVE TO ASK YOU DONT DISERVE TO BE CERITFIED I
    SUGEST YOU RUN ON TO THE M11, HA HA HAHAHAH
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    showgun, Oct 30, 2003
  5. Actually, despite what these other clowns have said it might not be still
    valid.

    It depends entirely on what the electives are - if one of the exams you did
    was subsequently retired and replaced with an updated version (e.g. IIS3)
    then your MCSE is no longer valid.

    Please see:

    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcse/faq.asp

    Q. I am an MCSE and have passed the Windows NT 4.0 exams. Is my
    certification still valid?

    A. The Windows NT 4.0 exams have not been available since March 1, 2001.
    However, MCSEs who have passed the required exams remain certified as MCSEs
    on Microsoft Windows NT 4.0.

    Q. I was an MCSE on Windows NT 4.0. One of my elective exams, Exam 70-077:
    Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Internet Information Server 3.0 and
    Microsoft Index Server 1.1, was discontinued on June 30, 2000, and I did not
    pass a current replacement exam before the June 30, 2001, deadline. Am I
    still certified as an MCSE on Windows NT 4.0?

    A. You are no longer certified as an MCSE on Windows NT 4.0. To be
    certified as an MCSE on Windows NT 4.0, you must have met both the core and
    elective requirements for NT 4.0. Exam 70-077 was discontinued in June 2000
    as part of the Windows NT 3.51 exam discontinuations. If you did not meet
    the upgrade requirements for Exam 70-077 by June 30, 2001, then you are no
    longer certified on Windows NT 4.0. See Discontinuation of Exams for more
    information.

    Q. In the case above, if I now pass a current MCSE elective exam to replace
    discontinued Exam 70-077, will I be certified again?

    A. Yes, if you pass a current MCSE elective now, you will again be
    certified as an MCSE on Windows NT 4.0. Please see the MCSE on Windows NT
    4.0 requirements page for details on electives that are currently available.

    Brendon Rogers, Oct 30, 2003
  6. Joe

    Tron2003 Guest

    You are a MCSE on Windows NT 4.0

    Windows typed on their site that you are always a MCSE but only for the
    Server you are certified in. Not understanding why everyone makes it harder
    to understand than it needs to be. Also, do the research yourself Mr.
    MCSE.

    Tron2003, Oct 30, 2003