    James Haddow Guest

    How can I find out?

    Thanks.

    James Haddow, Jan 3, 2004

  2. James Haddow

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jan 3, 2004

  3. James Haddow

    ICee Guest

    James Haddow wrote:
    > How can I find out?
    >
    > Thanks.

    This is a joke, right?

    ICee, Jan 3, 2004
  4. James Haddow

    Mcploppy © Guest

    Mcploppy ©, Jan 3, 2004
  5. Hywel Jenkins, Jan 3, 2004
  6. James Haddow

    ~*Eternity*~ Guest

    "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > In article <bt6j11$3pfua$-berlin.de>,
    > says...
    > > How can I find out?

    > If you don't know you're probably running 32-bit. If you right-click on
    > "My Computer" and choose "Properties", it will tell you.

    Mine doesn't. It just says ...
    "Microsoft Windows XP
    Home Edition
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 1"

    ~*Eternity*~, Jan 3, 2004
  7. James Haddow

    Brian H¹© Guest

    James Haddow said:

    > How can I find out?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Take a look at your bank balance.

    Brian H¹©, Jan 3, 2004
  8. In article <>, says...

    > "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <bt6j11$3pfua$-berlin.de>,
    > > says...
    > > > How can I find out?

    > > If you don't know you're probably running 32-bit. If you right-click on
    > > "My Computer" and choose "Properties", it will tell you.
    > >

    > Mine doesn't. It just says ...
    > "Microsoft Windows XP
    > Home Edition
    > Version 2002
    > Service Pack 1"

    Then it's 32-bit. The 64-bit edition is only available through MSDN and
    via OEM suppliers. There's no "Home Edition" - it's for high-end use
    only.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 3, 2004
  9. James Haddow

    Spider Guest

    "~*Eternity*~" <> wrote in message

    > "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <bt6j11$3pfua$-berlin.de>,
    > > says...
    > > > How can I find out?

    > > If you don't know you're probably running 32-bit. If you right-click on
    > > "My Computer" and choose "Properties", it will tell you.
    > >

    > Mine doesn't. It just says ...
    > "Microsoft Windows XP
    > Home Edition
    > Version 2002
    > Service Pack 1"

    Since they don't make a 64 bit Home Edition....you have a 32 bit OS...
    --
    Spider
    http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

    Spider, Jan 3, 2004
  10. James Haddow

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 01:19:04 +1100, James Haddow wrote:

    >How can I find out?

    Please don't put the question in the subject line.

    Start / Run / Winver click OK might tell you.

    What version did you/ is install(ed)? Open Windows Explorer / Help
    /About

    Did you get a system with an Intel Itanium processor, in the USD $2500+
    range.

    Maybe minimum of 1GB RAM.

    Download and install one of the 64bit patches, hopefully MS will have
    remembered it should check the right version :)

    Paid something like (roughly) USD $250 or a lot more?

    www.google.com
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827218
    HOW TO: Determine Whether Your Computer Is Running a 32-Bit Version or
    64-Bit Version of Windows XP

    Me

    why?, Jan 3, 2004
  11. are you running home, or pro?

    Joel Harris Borsack, Jan 3, 2004
  12. James Haddow

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Joel Harris Borsack said:

    > are you running home, or pro?
    >
    > James Haddow wrote:
    >> How can I find out?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    No, I think he's walking home, with a cheap one.

    Brian H¹©, Jan 3, 2004
  13. James Haddow

    > In article <>, says...
    > >
    > > "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message
    > > > In article <bt6j11$3pfua$-berlin.de>,
    > > > says...
    > > >
    > > > If you don't know you're probably running 32-bit. If you right-click

    on
    > > > "My Computer" and choose "Properties", it will tell you.
    > > >

    > > Mine doesn't. It just says ...
    > > "Microsoft Windows XP
    > > Home Edition
    > > Version 2002
    > > Service Pack 1"

    > Then it's 32-bit. The 64-bit edition is only available through MSDN and
    > via OEM suppliers. There's no "Home Edition" - it's for high-end use
    > only.

    K thanks!
    ~*Eternity*~

    ~*Eternity*~, Jan 3, 2004
  14. James Haddow

    Ron B Flaman Guest

    Thanks

    Thanks for asking the question. I've wondered, too, if my machine was 32 or
    64 bit. Now I know.

    Ron B Flaman, Jan 4, 2004
  15. James Haddow

    Boomer Guest

    "Ron B Flaman" <> wrote in

    > Thanks for asking the question. I've wondered, too, if my machine
    > was 32 or 64 bit. Now I know.

    Please son't change the subject line un;ess the subject changes.

    Thanks.

    Boomer, Jan 4, 2004
  16. James Haddow

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer <> wrote in

    > "Ron B Flaman" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Thanks for asking the question. I've wondered, too, if my machine
    >> was 32 or 64 bit. Now I know.

    > Please son't change the subject line un;ess the subject changes.

    don't and unless <darn fat, little fingers>

    Boomer, Jan 4, 2004
  17. Howdy!

    > How can I find out?

    Well, two ways.

    One is, if you right-click on "My Computer", it will say it's XP 64
    bit.

    Second, if you paid about 10,000 USD or more for your HP Itanium
    Workstation ...

    But if you have to ask, it's most likely 32bit.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jan 4, 2004
  18. James Haddow

    Serdar Osman Onur

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2007
    Messages:
    5
    32-bit versions have 2 folders under "Windows" folder to seperate 16-bit and 32-bit code which are named "System" and "System32".
    64-bit versions have 2 folders under "Windows" folder to seperate 32-bit and 64-bit code which are named "SysWOW64" and "System32".

    SO2

    Last edited: Oct 20, 2007
    Serdar Osman Onur, Sep 23, 2007
  19. James Haddow

    internet_bully

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Just answer the question

    For all the people in this thread who answered this person's question with a question like Brian H¹© should not post answers to this thread or any other thread.

    Stop being dick heads and just answer people.

    internet_bully, Jun 26, 2008
  20. James Haddow

    mikewals

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    I quite agree

    What a bunch of dickheads. There are several reasons someone may not know what system they're running. It might not even be their computer. I'm running XP on a Mac via Bootcamp (AND it's not even my computer!) and the system could certainly handle 64 bit but I'm just not sure if it's installed or not. Now I have my answer, and enough insults to keep me going for the rest of the day...

    mikewals, Jul 3, 2009