    XP, so i could get my maxtor 250 SATA 2 drive working.

    When i try to install Vita x64 will i need to borrow a floppy drive again? I
    am planning on using the J drive which is empty.

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3amM=?=, Jun 10, 2006

  2. This is not a Vista newsgroup. This ng is for 64-bit systems of the XP and
    Server 2003 generation. You might try
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general for Vista questions.

    Having said that, I assume by 4400+ you mean an AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+. I
    have the same cpu and an similar Asus mobo and have had no problems running
    both the x86 and x64 versions of Vista. You did not say how much ram you
    have, but 1GB is sufficient. Your video card will support Aero Glass fine.

    If you had to use a floppy to provide a SATA driver when installing XP you
    will need to do so when installing Vista. The F6 method of providing a
    driver for XP has changed for Vista. For Vista you select "Load Driver" on
    one of the screens early on.

    Note: My mobo supports SATA without my needing to supply a floppy and I am
    surprised that you had to provide a driver during the XP installation.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 10, 2006

  3. Thanks for the reply sorry for posting this in the worng spot and i also did
    a double post, because when i posted both times it said i got a problem
    sending information, so i went and did another.

    I yes i do have the AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+ and I have 2 G of ram.

    I am not sure if i actually do need a floppy but a friend who was helping me
    install windows told me i did, to make the hard drive work, or something.

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3amM=?=, Jun 10, 2006
  4. You friend may not realize that SATA is supported by the mobo firmware. Try
    without a floppy.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 10, 2006