    responsible to give up on it.
    Thanks
    Janet
    Janet Sanderson, Sep 22, 2003

  2. Janet Sanderson

    FeaolPlay Guest

    "Janet Sanderson" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > or just plain stupid?
    >
    > I have read loads of the posts re all the false stuff from
    > "Microsoft". I downloaded patch from Microsoft ages ago, I constantly
    > update and run Norton antivirus. I do not use mailwash anymore, but
    > delete the rubbish from mail2web, and have followed most of advice
    > given by Mike and others about keeping PC clean and avoiding trouble.
    > BUT I am still getting loads of the nasty e mails from "Microsoft". Am
    > I missing something?
    >
    > I can cope with deleting it all from server, but would hate to think
    > that my PC was infected with something that had not been recognised
    > and that I was passing it on.
    >
    > Sorry to be a pain over this subject, but feel it would not be
    > responsible to give up on it.
    > Thanks
    > Janet

    use iHatespam to make those emails magically disappear... and not reappear.
    lol

    FP
    FeaolPlay, Sep 22, 2003

  3. Janet Sanderson

    Buffalo Guest

    "Janet Sanderson" <jan@> wrote in message
    > or just plain stupid?
    >
    > I have read loads of the posts re all the false stuff from
    > "Microsoft". I downloaded patch from Microsoft ages ago, I constantly
    > update and run Norton antivirus. I do not use mailwash anymore, but
    > delete the rubbish from mail2web, and have followed most of advice
    > given by Mike and others about keeping PC clean and avoiding trouble.
    > BUT I am still getting loads of the nasty e mails from "Microsoft". Am
    > I missing something?
    >
    > I can cope with deleting it all from server, but would hate to think
    > that my PC was infected with something that had not been recognised
    > and that I was passing it on.
    >
    > Sorry to be a pain over this subject, but feel it would not be
    > responsible to give up on it.
    > Thanks
    > Janet

    Most likely it is other peoples' computers who are infected and your name is
    in their address book.
    PS: If you are using your real email address in this Post, prepare for even
    more SPAM. There are 'spam bots' that harvest email addresses from
    newsgroups.
    Buffalo, Sep 22, 2003
  4. On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 03:36:04 +1200, "FeaolPlay"
    <> wrote:

    >use iHatespam to make those emails magically disappear... and not reappear.
    >lol
    >
    >FP

    Is this different to mailwash ?
    Janet
    Janet Sanderson, Sep 22, 2003
  5. On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:54:05 GMT, "Buffalo" <eric(nospam)@noBS.nada>
    wrote:

    >Most likely it is other peoples' computers who are infected and your name is
    >in their address book.

    So better pass the word round.

    >PS: If you are using your real email address in this Post, prepare for even
    >more SPAM. There are 'spam bots' that harvest email addresses from
    >newsgroups.
    >http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html

    I had wondered
    Thanks
    Janet
    Janet Sanderson, Sep 22, 2003
  6. On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:54:05 GMT, "Buffalo" <eric(nospam)@noBS.nada>
    wrote:

    >PS: If you are using your real email address in this Post, prepare for even
    >more SPAM. There are 'spam bots' that harvest email addresses from
    >newsgroups.
    >http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html

    OK read all this, but I am using Forte Agent (free version) , and it
    does not seem to want to change my original details, anyway round it
    or do I have to uninstall and try again?
    Thanks
    Janet
    Janet Sanderson, Sep 22, 2003
  7. just going madder talking to myself!

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 18:29:35 +0100, Janet Sanderson
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:54:05 GMT, "Buffalo" <eric(nospam)@noBS.nada>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>PS: If you are using your real email address in this Post, prepare for even
    >>more SPAM. There are 'spam bots' that harvest email addresses from
    >>newsgroups.
    >>http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html
    >>

    >OK read all this, but I am using Forte Agent (free version) , and it
    >does not seem to want to change my original details, anyway round it
    >or do I have to uninstall and try again?
    >Thanks
    >Janet

    Think I did it by looks of this post, but just not showing on my PC
    even though re booted.
    Janet
    Janet Sanderson, Sep 22, 2003
  8. Janet Sanderson

    Kraftee Guest

    > On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 03:36:04 +1200, "FeaolPlay"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >use iHatespam to make those emails magically disappear... and not

    reappear.
    > >lol
    > >
    > >FP
    > >

    > Is this different to mailwash ?
    > Janet

    Mailwasher is far better, as you don't actually download the message
    bodies like you do with I Hate Spam before you delete them...

    Oh by the way, there's nothing wrong with your system as the messages
    are coming from others & there's not a lot you can do about it, other
    than stop being such a popular person...

    --
    B-)

    Don't practice safe hex.......
    do it!!
    Kraftee, Sep 22, 2003
  9. On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 19:11:52 +0100, "Kraftee"
    <> wrote:

    >Mailwasher is far better, as you don't actually download the message
    >bodies like you do with I Hate Spam before you delete them...

    OK will stick with what I have got.

    >Oh by the way, there's nothing wrong with your system as the messages
    >are coming from others & there's not a lot you can do about it, other
    >than stop being such a popular person...

    Thanks that's reassuring.
    Janet
    Janet Sanderson, Sep 22, 2003
  10. "Janet Sanderson" <> wrote in message
    > or just plain stupid?

    <snip>

    Just plain stupid.
    Barnabas Collins, Sep 22, 2003
  11. Janet Sanderson

    trout Guest

    Re: just going madder talking to myself!

    Janet Sanderson wrote:

    > On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 18:29:35 +0100, Janet Sanderson
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:54:05 GMT, "Buffalo" <eric(nospam)@noBS.nada>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> PS: If you are using your real email address in this Post, prepare
    >>> for even more SPAM. There are 'spam bots' that harvest email
    >>> addresses from newsgroups.
    >>> http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html
    >>>

    >> OK read all this, but I am using Forte Agent (free version) , and it
    >> does not seem to want to change my original details, anyway round it
    >> or do I have to uninstall and try again?
    >> Thanks
    >> Janet

    > Think I did it by looks of this post, but just not showing on my PC
    > even though re booted.
    > Janet

    Yes, you have a 'munge' there; but just barely. The phrase "nospam"
    is read by many 'bots now, and is next to useless. Especially, right
    after the "@"; leaving the valid address hanging out there.
    Better to have a something unique in the middle of the address that
    is sure to render it invalid; as well as being obvious as to what needs
    to be removed; should you want people to be able to email you. Of
    course, if you *don't* want this, just make something up that you're
    *sure* cannot be valid.
    Probably the best thing to do is end the address in ".invalid", and
    add a signature file that states what to change to contact ('invalid' to
    'com' in this example).
    If you use *any* suffix other than ".example" or ".invalid", check
    to make sure it is not an actual domain; with a resource such as:
    http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/
    --
    "You don't want to give your problem to someone else."
    trout, Sep 22, 2003
  12. Re: just going madder talking to myself!

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:09:58 -0700, "trout" <> wrote:

    > Yes, you have a 'munge' there; but just barely. The phrase "nospam"
    >is read by many 'bots now, and is next to useless. Especially, right
    >after the "@"; leaving the valid address hanging out there.
    > Better to have a something unique in the middle of the address that
    >is sure to render it invalid; as well as being obvious as to what needs
    >to be removed; should you want people to be able to email you. Of
    >course, if you *don't* want this, just make something up that you're
    >*sure* cannot be valid.
    > Probably the best thing to do is end the address in ".invalid", and
    >add a signature file that states what to change to contact ('invalid' to
    >'com' in this example).
    > If you use *any* suffix other than ".example" or ".invalid", check
    >to make sure it is not an actual domain; with a resource such as:
    >http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/

    Thanks, getting the idea now, at least I know how to change it now
    when I get more creative.
    Janet
    Janet Sanderson, Sep 23, 2003