    Anyone know whether 70% is good enough?

    Regards
    Simon.

    Simon Hart, Jun 25, 2005

  2. June 25, 2005

    Generally people believe 70% is pretty close to what the passing score
    would be... So it would be somewhat for you to decide. The assessments are
    very unclear in their wording of questions compared to the actual exams

    --
    Joseph Bittman
    Microsoft Certified Application Developer

    Joseph Bittman MCAD, Jun 25, 2005

  3. Simon Hart

    Simon Hart Guest

    Ah I was hoping you were going to say something like "the assesments are
    different from the real exams" as I too find the questions somewhat
    misleading and often two answers to a question.

    Take the following (one question from memory):

    You need to call a unmanaged COM component from a managed app, what would
    you use to call the COM object:

    A: DllImport

    B: RCW

    C: CCW

    D: PIA

    Of course the answer is D: PIA but..only if you have one, if not you have to
    run with B: RCW.
    In the above question, I answered D - not really sure even now whether that
    was the correct answer.

    Regards
    Simon.

    Simon Hart, Jun 25, 2005
  4. How I have find the assesment are not directed on one exam
    they just checking your common knowledge about system (SQL, 2003 server, or
    ..NET, etc.)
    so if you will gather any score it will not direct you if you are ready for
    exam.

    Armen Kirakosyan, Jun 25, 2005
  5. Simon Hart

    TFJetfire Guest

    This will sound like a sales pitch but I'm not pushing third party practice
    exams. The assesment exams are like Armen wrote; too generalized with
    comparision to the actual exam. If you are unsure of the actual exam I would
    recommend MeasureUp (recognized by MSFT as a practice provider) or some other
    practice vendor. Of course this cost $$. (The benefit of these is that they
    can help you to understand what to expect with the real exam and what areas
    you'll need to study more for.)

    Now I personally have found the assesments to be very weak with regards to
    the actual exam. This is a good thing because I want the exams to be tough
    to help ensure quality candidates have passed it at the same time it can be
    frustrating when you think you know it and you fail the real exam. Then
    again be honest with yourself and ask yourself do you really know the
    material?

    Thanks

    --
    TFJetfire