    cards are not happy on anything with more than 4GB, does any one know if
    this is the case before I splash out on yet another card ?

    Many thanks

    Mark Natto, Aug 6, 2008

  2. Mark Natto

    Guest

    Re: Am I going to hit problems with XP64 with 8GB and DVB ?

    In <OGimA2A#>, "Mark Natto" <> writes:
    >I now have a XP64 with 8GB all working perfect, all hardwares and software
    >works in ways that I have always wanted.
    >Sadly the only thing that wouldnt work is my TV card (Cinergy 2400i DT),
    >manufacture is of no help even though they supply XP64 drivers.
    >So I am looking at another card thats well supported under XP64, Leadtek
    >WinFast DTV1000, I also have a Leadtek WinFast DTV2000H which I cant find in
    >the pile of junk here, they are both supported by XP64, but my concern is
    >more to do with the amount of memory, I read something a while back that TV
    >cards are not happy on anything with more than 4GB, does any one know if
    >this is the case before I splash out on yet another card ?

    I had the same configuration (XP64, 8GB) and problem (driver installed but
    failed to load on boot, manufacturer was no help) with a Leadtek PCI-e display
    adapter (Quadro FX 3500).

    Wording in the mobo manual made me suspect PCI-e bus timing so I got a different
    brand of mobo and the display adapter worked.

    , Aug 7, 2008

  3. Mark Natto

    Carl Guest

    Re: Am I going to hit problems with XP64 with 8GB and DVB ?

    I had the same cinergy card, I am now using one made by a company called
    blackgold. I run Vista 64 with 8gb ram, and they have a driver for 4gb+ ram.

    Carl, Aug 7, 2008
  4. Re: Am I going to hit problems with XP64 with 8GB and DVB ?

    My Leadtek DTV1000S has no problems with 8GB under x64 Vista.

    The latest WinFast PVR2 2.0.3.7 doesn't work for me and some others. It
    includes a new ArcSoft audio codec. The older WinFast PVR2 2.0.2.40 is fine.

    I think the over 4GB problem affected mainly Hauppauge cards.

    Dominic Payer, Aug 7, 2008