    copying the connection to my flash drive. I go to my wireless access point
    (a Linkseys wireless broadband phone etc.) and it has no USB port. Do I have
    to get a new router? or can I do something else.
    =?Utf-8?B?SG9ubmFsZWE=?=, Oct 18, 2006

  2. No, just copy-n-paste the WPA/WEP key to the router... If you forgot what it
    is open up the \Smrtntky\Wsetting.txt file on the flash drive and copy the
    key from there...

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0604.mspx#EJCAC

    FWIW I have to do the same thing since my old Buffalo WBR-G54 wireless
    access point/router also does not have a USB port...

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...

    Sooner Al [MVP], Oct 18, 2006

  3. Hi
    Using the Routers web interface (look at the manual), set the security on
    the Router first.
    Copy the Security string and paste it to the Wireless Client.
    This page describes the principle,
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_03july28.mspx
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 18, 2006