Although the Whirlpool Duet has better water efficiency, the Frigidaire Gallery is less expensive an

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Dobey House Elf, Jul 16, 2004.

  1. these models. They use half the water of conventional washers. Some HE
    3t/Duet front-loaders have a jeans cycle, http://www.njstone.net
    a silk cycle for delicates, a "whitest white

    Front-loading. Although the Whirlpool Duet has better water
    efficiency, the Frigidaire Gallery is less expensive and cleans nearly
    as well, reviewers say. Experts like front-loaders for their lower
    noise levels, and because their spin cycles remove more water
    from clothes (which reduces the time needed for
    drying). The Frigidaire doesn't have as many cycles or options as the
    Duet, and has rotary controls rather than an electronic touchpad. Even
    so, the Frigidaire is a bargain in a front-loading washer.
    • Fisher & Paykel Ecosmart GLW11
    (*est. $600)

    >> Where to buy Top-loading. Though fairly new to the U.S. market,

    Fisher & Paykel has long been a presence in Europe and Australia, and
    its Ecosmart washer is making inroads with reviewers. Though it's a
    top-loading washer, this model cleans as well and is as efficient as
    many front-loaders. In tests, it removes more water from wet clothing
    http://www.njstone.net
    with its 1,000 rpm spin cycle; thereby reducing the necessary drying
    time. The Ecosmart has an extra-large, 3.7-cubic-foot stainless-steel
    tub and has an unusual two-year warranty.
    • Kenmore top-loaders
    (*est. $380 to $550, depending on model)

    >> Where to buy Top-loading. If you don't need innovations such as

    those in the Fisher & Paykel above, but still prefer a top-loader,
    several Kenmore models perform just as well in terms of basic washing
    ability. The Kenmore 24872, for example, has fifteen cycles and
    options, and rotary knobs instead of electronic controls. However, the
    Kenmore's top-load design makes it less energy-efficient than
    front-loaders.
    • Maytag Neptune Top Loader FAV9800AW t. $1,300)

    >> Where to buy Top-loading. According to experts, the Neptune is

    the best of the new-technology top-loaders. Instead of an agitator,
    the Neptune uses two arms to tumble clothes on a horizontal axis.
    Experts say this technology works well and uses less water and energy
    than most models. The downside? The typical wash load takes
    ninety-five minutes—longer than any other model. Note that there are
    questions about the reliability of Neptune front-loading machines, but
    these don't appear to extend to the top-loading Neptune.
    >> Comparison Chart

    What the experts say, our analysis, and more.Updated July 2004Consumer
    Reports' roundup of washing machines is the most credible independent
    review we were able to find. The magazine has tested dozens of models
    within the past year, washing maximum loads of mixed cotton items with
    various types of soil and assigning ratings based on washing ability,
    capacity, efficiency with both water and energy, and noise. This year,
    gentleness was also a factor in Consumer Reports' testiloaders for
    their lower noise levels, and because their spin cycles remove more
    water from clothes (which reduces the time needed for drying). The
    Frigidaire doesn't have as many cycles or options as the Duet, and has
    rotary controls rather than an electronic touchpad. Even so, the
    Frigidaire is a bargain in a front-loading washer.
    • Fisher & Paykel Ecosmart GLW11
    (*est. $600)

    >> Where to buy Top-loading. Though fairly new to the U.S. market,

    Fisher & Paykel has long been a presence in Europe and Australia, and
    its Ecosmart washer is making inroads with reviewers. Though it's a
    top-loading washer, this model cleans as well and is as efficient as
    many front-loaders. In tests, it removes more water from wet clothing
    with its 1,000 rpm spin cycle; thereby reducing the necessary drying
    time. The Ecosmart has an extra-large, 3.7-cubic-foot stainless-steel
    tub and has an unusual two-year warranty.
    • Kenmore top-loaders
    (*est. $380 to $550, depending on model)

    >> Where to buy Top-loading. If you don't need innovations such as

    those in the Fisher & Paykel above, but still prefer a top-loader,
    several Kenmore models perform just as well in terms of basic washing
    ability. The Kenmore 24872, for example, has fifteen cycles and
    options, and rotary knobs instead of electronic controls. However, the
    Kenmore's top-load design makes it less energy-efficient than
    front-loaders.
    • Maytag Neptune Top Loader FAV9800AW t. $1,300)

    >> Where to buy Top-loading. According to experts, the Neptune is

    the best of the new-technology top-loaders. Instead of an agitator,
    the Neptune uses two arms to tumble clothes on a horizontal axis.
    Experts say this technology works well and uses less water and energy
    than most models. The downside? The typical wash load takes
    ninetyhttp://www.njesx.com
    -five minutes—longer than any other model. Note that there are
    questions about the http://www.njstone.net
    reliability of Neptune front-loading machines, but these don't appear
    to extend to the top-loading Neptune.
    >> Comparison Chart

    What the experts say, our analysis, and more.Updated July 2004Consumer
    Reports' roundup of washing machines is the most credible independent
    review we were able to find. The magazine has tested dozens of models
    within the past year, washing maximum loads of mixeng, and now the
    magazine rates washers on that criterion as well.

    several Kenmore models perform just as wellhttp://www.njesx.com
    in terms of basic washing ability. The Kenmore 24872, for example,
    has fifteen cycles and options, and rotary knobs instead of electronic
    controls. However, the Kenmore's top-load design makes it less
    energy-efficient than front-loaders.
    • Maytag Neptune Top Loader FAV9800AW t. $1,300)

    >> Where to buy Top-loading. According to experts, the Neptune is

    the best of the new-technology top-loaders. Instead of an agitator,
    the Neptune uses two arms to tumble clothes on a horizontal axis.
    Experts say this technology works well and uses less water and energy
    than most models. The downside? The typical wash load takes
    ninety-five minutes—longer than any other model. Note that there are
    questions about the reliability of Neptune front-loading machines, but
    these don't appear to extend to the top-loading Neptune.
    >> Comparison Chart

    What the experts say, our analysis, and more.Updated July 2004Consumer
    Reports' roundup of washing machines is the most credible independent
    review we were able to find. The
    Due to a large amount of consumer mail complaining about the Kenmore
    Calypso's problems with lint, Consumer Reports ran a new test this
    year. Editors washed a load of white towels and black T-shirts to test
    four competing models for lint left behind on the clean wet clothing.
    Editors say they are considering testing all washers for lint in the
    future. The lhttp://www.njesx.com
    imited test here does not appear to have been a factor in Consumer
    Reports' overall ratings. Some models, which performed poorly

    review we were able to find. Thehttp://www.njstone.net
    magazine has tested dozens of models within the past year, washing
    maximum loads of mixeng, and now the magazine rates washers on that
    criterion as well.
    >> Where to buy Top-loading. If you don't need innovations such as

    those in the Fisher & Paykel above, but still prefer a top-loader,
    several Kenmore models perform just as wellhttp://www.njesx.com
    in terms of basic washing ability. The Kenmore 24872, for example,
    has fifteen cycles and options, and rotary knobs instead of electronic
    controls. However, the Kenmore's top-load design makes it less
    energy-efficient than front-loaders.
    • Maytag Neptune Top Loader FAV9800AW t. $1,300)

    >> Where to buy Top-loading. According to experts, the Neptune is

    the best of the new-technology top-loaders. Instead of an agitator,
    the Neptune uses two arms to tumble clothes on a horizontal axis.
    Experts say this technology works well and uses less water and energy
    than most models. The downside? The typical wash load takes
    ninety-five minutes—longer than any other model. Note that there are
    questions about the reliability of Neptune front-loading machines, but
    these don't appear to extend to the top-loading Neptune.
    >> Comparison Chart

    What the experts say, our analysis, and more.Updated July 2004Consumer
    Reports' roundup of washing machines is the most credible independent
    review we were able to find. The
    Due to a large amount of consumer mail complaining about the Kenmore
    Calypso's problems with lint, Consumer Reports ran a new test this
    year. Editors washed a load of white towels and black T-shirts to test
    four competing models for lint left behind on the clean wet clothing.
    Editors say they are considering testing all washers for lint in the
    future. The lhttp://www.njesx.com
    imited test here does not appear to have been a factor in Consumer
    Reports' overall ratings. Some models, which performed poorlythese

    Dobey House Elf, Jul 16, 2004

  2. Dobey House Elf

    Mike Guest

    Re: Although the Whirlpool Duet has better water efficiency, theFrigidaire Gallery is less expensive and cleans nearly as well, reviewerssay. Experts like front-loaders

    Dobey House Elf wrote:

    <Snip>

    Yes but how do they perform against an NMAP scan?

    --

    ------------------------------------

    Real email to mike. The header email is a spam trap and you will be
    blacklisted.

    Mike, Jul 16, 2004

  3. >Yes but how do they perform against an NMAP scan?

    My Whirlpool washer/dryer combination has never been successfully penetrated.
    With the proper detergent, it is also removes viruses.
    ?subject=Techtalk (Do not alter!)
    http://lists.gpick.com

    \Crash\ Dummy, Jul 16, 2004
  4. Dobey House Elf

    John Vogel Guest

    ""Crash" Dummy" <> wrote in message
    > >Yes but how do they perform against an NMAP scan?

    > My Whirlpool washer/dryer combination has never been successfully

    penetrated.
    > With the proper detergent, it is also removes viruses.
    > --

    It's best to be cautious when choosing a detergent, however, as some
    detergents can open your whirlpool washer/dryer up to potential security
    risks. Also, be sure to use an anti-static sheet when drying, as static can
    cause your inputed items to become garbled, and require extensive detangling
    to be usable.

    John Vogel, Jul 21, 2004